55-65 year old women's success?

Options

Replies

• mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    @1Nana2many I do love you! You tell it like it is and take no prisoners! I love having a neck...and bones! Go get those grandbabies, my friend!
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Happy 4th to all and agree w/Nana, mk2, and welcome raleighgirl!! B)
  • 1Nana2many
    1Nana2many Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Welcome Raleighgirl09! You sound like you have your stuff together! I agree that aging does have some bonuses! Remember the old book "I'm OK, You're OK"? I find myself sometimes thinking why didn't I GET THIS sooner! It is amazing how much we can achieve when we take the pressure of outside opinions off the table. I finally stopped worrying what anyone else thinks about what or how I do things and it has really freed me to make progress . I AM OK as long I continue to move forward toward my own goals. Who knew!?!!!
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    @ryenday lol, you do have to work at this for it to work. For some of us, just cutting calories is enough, tho for most of us, we need some kind of exercise. I think you will find that exercise will be a huge plus in many ways. Obviously, it will help with weight loss. You will also feel great all day after a half hour or so of take your pick exercise - swimming, walking, weight training, etc. Your blood pressure will go down. Probably more stuff, but I just want to say I am not a professional anything so...
    Tall, short; 10# or 100#; 20 years old or 50+. None of this makes a difference. I lost over 70# in less than a year. I have maintained that loss for nearly 2.5 years. I am 58 yrs old.
    No excuses. We've got your back. Oh, yeah, and welcome :smiley:
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    To all the new girls- Welcome- we KNOW we can do this- it may take longer- but we have all the time in the world- just keep plugging away and the pounds will slowly go away....
  • Shron123
    Shron123 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    @ryenday - re vegies. We have become olive oil snobs after doing research on the oil available in most grocery stores. We get ours straight from Italy now and I love all vegetables, any vegetables saluted in olive oil w some salt and/or other seasonings. Was never a huge fan of many vegies esp cooked, but this method works wonders for me. Good luck on yr journey.
  • pkotterman
    pkotterman Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate to the struggle to eat healthy and control portions. I'm not a terrible eater, and I love to cook- so portions and eliminating carbs and sweets are my real challenges. I have cut out most wheat-but it's so hard!
  • Eleted
    Eleted Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Pkotterman:: I can relate to what you are saying. I too eat very healthy and cook most meals at home but it is the extras that I cannot get control over. Sweets and sugar are my addiction! I have been struggling with some low blood sugar episodes every time I cut calories. Arggghhh. So then I resort back to regular eating in an effort to feel well.
    I also am care-taking for my 91 year old mother and have been putting my needs on hold. The stress gives me permission to eat high sugar foods!
    I am really struggling to feel well and energized.
    But... I have been successful before with MFP and IT WORKS! Now I need MEP ( my emotions pal) as a companion app! ☹️
  • Shron123
    Options
    I started LCHF July 3rd. So far down 11 lbs and feeling pretty good ie not hungry or tired BUT really have to watch my elites especially potassium otherwise I feel horrible. That means about 1/2 to 1 1/2 tsp of No Salt per day (gag) depending on my macros but it seems to be helping. Anyone else here doing thus type of program/lifestyle?
  • pkotterman
    pkotterman Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Eleted wrote: »
    Pkotterman:: I can relate to what you are saying. I too eat very healthy and cook most meals at home but it is the extras that I cannot get control over. Sweets and sugar are my addiction! I have been struggling with some low blood sugar episodes every time I cut calories. Arggghhh. So then I resort back to regular eating in an effort to feel well.
    I also am care-taking for my 91 year old mother and have been putting my needs on hold. The stress gives me permission to eat high sugar foods!
    I am really struggling to feel well and energized.
    But... I have been successful before with MFP and IT WORKS! Now I need MEP ( my emotions pal) as a companion app! ☹️

@Eleted that's a lot to cope with. I am on week 2. The fist week I lost 4 lbs- the second I just stayed the same. It's how it always seems to be with me. But I'm determined and not giving up this time. Too many aches and pains and a general tired feeling- and these are already improved. I tried a one week challenge and that helped. Now I am beginning the August Fitness Challenge and am on week 1 of a 12 week walking program. It's starting slow, and making time for myself. Patience and en encouragement- that what we need! Good luck!
  • 1Nana2many
    1Nana2many Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    @awebster2 Congratulations on your achievements! It is very impressive and a reminder that age doesn't have to be a barrier to anything if we are willing to put in the work! Thanks for sharing your success story! It's very inspiring! You are living proof that we are never too old and it's not too late if we just believe we are worth the effort!
  • Shron123
    Options
    Hey good luck on yr journey and very sorry for yr troubles. Hope yr Road smooths out
  • griffinca2
    griffinca2 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Same here; probably will stop logging my food (on here anyway). Pretty much have the eating down. May still log the exercise though; still working on doing heavier weights. B)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!