Hi. Trying to gain

Options

Replies

• ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Why is gaining weight such a hard subject for people w/o ED? It would like having Christmas every day if I had this goal
    From personal experience, I'd say a lot of it goes to point #1 I posted in the sparta thread. Those of us with fast metabolisms have higher TDEE's, and our appetites may not necessarily compensate. Or, another thing I've heard is that for some of us, in response to overfeeding our bodies rev up our activity level (like fidgeting) to compensate.

• Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    To the OP, how do these ingredients look to you?

apple_E-numbers.jpg
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    everyone does that. it's not just you. - that's one of the reasons why you have to eat a big ENOUGH surplus to not just allow your body to burn it by fidgiting.

I know this is a difficult concept- but you aren't really a special snowflake.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Why is gaining weight such a hard subject for people w/o ED? It would like having Christmas every day if I had this goal
    From personal experience, I'd say a lot of it goes to point #1 I posted in the sparta thread. Those of us with fast metabolisms have higher TDEE's, and our appetites may not necessarily compensate. Or, another thing I've heard is that for some of us, in response to overfeeding our bodies rev up our activity level (like fidgeting) to compensate.

The increase in NEAT (non-exercise activity) happens to most people.
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options

Fidgeting? I think you just don't eat that much IMHO. But hard to tell unless we both went to Claimjumpers and went to town on dinner
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

apple_E-numbers.jpg

Not this again...

DanBackslide-405338_604_403.jpg
  • 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    OMG how have I missed this? 10% fat diet but high fructose corn syrup's gonna kill you :o
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    If my understanding is correct though, then it's appetite that makes the difference. Otherwise, obesity numbers would be a lot lower, right?
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

apple_E-numbers.jpg

Not this again...

I know. It's odd that threads with topics that have been covered 500 times would have some of the same type of replies isn't it?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

apple_E-numbers.jpg

Well, that E101 looks like it would be really really bad for you for a start!! I mean, it's an 'E number' :p
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    slomo22 wrote: »
    eat more pasta and rice

OP is allergic to wheat...

and apparently common sense.
    So no more harmful than your fruit sugar.
    hysterical given the OP is a fruititarian.

LOL I can't argue with the common sense part...
  • ndj1979
    Options
    AKDonF wrote: »
    Wait, if fructose is bad, why the 80-10-10?

because "bad stuff"
  • ndj1979
    Options

Fidgeting? I think you just don't eat that much IMHO. But hard to tell unless we both went to Claimjumpers and went to town on dinner

I thought clamjumpers was a strip joint???
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options

apple_E-numbers.jpg

Not this again...

Well, considering the OP was stating that, for example, annatto is a bad additive that causes health problems, and then suggested other people did not know what is in food its a valid question.
  • ndj1979
    Options
    If my understanding is correct though, then it's appetite that makes the difference. Otherwise, obesity numbers would be a lot lower, right?

just stop with the appetite crap ..we already had this discussion when we talked about CICO ..

• ndj1979
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Wow, 5 pages? And of course the same usual suspect all up in the bulking section speaking about things they don't grasp. Unreal.

seriously ....

can we just ban certain people from this thread so it does not devolve into the typical MFP BS ??? that sounds horrible I know ..but this is the one part of the forum that I generally enjoy and tend to get great advice from ...besides the eat, train progress group of course ...gotta give sara some props...
  • JeffseekingV
    JeffseekingV Posts: 3,165 Member
    Options
    Not to side with the OP but there are two groups of people that want to gain weight.
    1) Those that want to gain muscle/size
    2) Those that are recovering from eating disorders or have a misunderstanding about food that put them into a position of wanting to gain weight but cannot for whatever reason.
  • Sarauk2sf
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Wow, 5 pages? And of course the same usual suspect all up in the bulking section speaking about things they don't grasp. Unreal.

seriously ....

can we just ban certain people from this thread so it does not devolve into the typical MFP BS ??? that sounds horrible I know ..but this is the one part of the forum that I generally enjoy and tend to get great advice from ...besides the eat, train progress group of course ...gotta give sara some props...

:flowerforyou: