Hi. Trying to gain

Options
1234568»

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    If my understanding is correct though, then it's appetite that makes the difference. Otherwise, obesity numbers would be a lot lower, right?

There are far too many factors to try to minimize it to one or two things. Many people do not eat in excess because they are hungry - they eat for other reasons. And on the flip side, many people eat too little for many reasons that are other than appetite. There is a lot of obesity because people eat more food in general and move less in general. The reasons for these are varied and individual.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    Not to side with the OP but there are two groups of people that want to gain weight.
    1) Those that want to gain muscle/size
    2) Those that are recovering from eating disorders or have a misunderstanding about food that put them into a position of wanting to gain weight but cannot for whatever reason.

agree..

here is OP's original statement "Trying to gain about 15 more lbs. I have gained 3. Wanna build a booty. I have been lifting weights but it's so hard eating over 2,000 calories because I feel full after eating that much for the day "

based on that I assumed that she fell into category 1 ...but after hearing her views on food I believe she falls into 2, but may think she is in 1
  • jbgolf52
    jbgolf52 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    OP I hope you're failing your nutrition classes as it appears you are woefully informed of what a rational diet is. If you were getting the results you wanted you would not have posted here, so don't ask for advice and then disregard everything people say.
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    MrM27 wrote: »
    Wow, 5 pages? And of course the same usual suspect all up in the bulking section speaking about things they don't grasp. Unreal.

seriously ....

can we just ban certain people from this thread so it does not devolve into the typical MFP BS ??? that sounds horrible I know ..but this is the one part of the forum that I generally enjoy and tend to get great advice from ...besides the eat, train progress group of course ...gotta give sara some props...

I agree. Outside of my own group, the weight gain forum is my favorite places. We have a lot of knowledgeable people here but a few that don't get it.

And that's why you're on my FL <3
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    jbgolf52 wrote: »
    OP I hope you're failing your nutrition classes as it appears you are woefully informed of what a rational diet is. If you were getting the results you wanted you would not have posted here, so don't ask for advice and then disregard everything people say.
    Hoping that she's failing her classes is about the worst thing I've seen in this thread.

• jbgolf52
    Options
    Hoping that she's failing her classes is about the worst thing I've seen in this thread.

Uh, no, because if she is passing and thinks the diet she's eating now is good then that's so stupid. Even worse, if she graduates and still has this mindset then she will prescribe the same diet to others and will cause them to experience multiple health issues.

• ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

so you want someone to graduate with a false understanding of nutrition based on pseudo science and spread said pseudo science to the masses...really????
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

while I wouldn't want her to FAIL her classes- I am deeply concerned with someone in this mindset is proceeding forward in a loosey goosey educational field that is often times winding up in afield of giving people advice... because she's got a lot of bad information and I hate to see someone with real problems go to her if she carries on this path. It's a genuine concern.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    What Jo said.
    I understand the issues with her diet, but I would imagine a lot about nutrition in general is not being taught in schools the way it's presented here. Like I've said several times before, people simply aren't taught that there's "no such thing as "healthy" or "unhealthy" food. Not the 80/10/10 diet part, but I think some of the rest of what she said is pretty standard in terms of what's taught in nutrition classes.

As a side note, I see the OP has deactivated her account. Hmm, makes me wonder when exactly that may have happened…

• jbgolf52
    Options
    JoRocka wrote: »
    while I wouldn't want her to FAIL her classes- I am deeply concerned with someone in this mindset is proceeding forward in a loosey goosey educational field that is often times winding up in afield of giving people advice... because she's got a lot of bad information and I hate to see someone with real problems go to her if she carries on this path. It's a genuine concern.

This is how I should have worded my response. Of course I want her to do well, but if she graduates and prescribes stuff like this to others then it's a recipe for disaster.
  • beastcompany
    beastcompany Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Ice cream, burgers, pizza are junk. I can't eat wheat or milk so those foods wouldn't work for me. Thanks

No they're not.
  • beastcompany
    beastcompany Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Sarauk2sf wrote: »
    Because it has always been hard for me to gain weight just eating a normal diet and this is what it working for me but I don't want to do it long term.

it's hard for you to gain weight because you aren't eating enough.

And trying to bulk on a fruititaian diet isn't going to work well- clearly- or you woulnd't be asking the questions.

You need OTHER foods.

and no- ice cream bugers and pizza are not junk- it's just food.

Do you not eat meat??

Yes it is! I go to school for nutrition so I know what the hell junk food is. You can eat that but I'm not.

They teach you in school that ice cream is junk food? With no context?

I don't really care what you label it as, but it seems as though you are actually saying it is 'junk', whatever that means.

If you are taking nutrition, then look up the requirements for MSP.

It is full of sugar, chemicals, additives, toxins, gmos. That is *kitten*. You must not know what GMOS are.

You're very misinformed about nutrition.

I'd suggest you stop reading whatever magazines, or internet articles you've been getting your "information" from, as they are clearly advocating the common dietary lies/misconceptions that are perpetuated by the general population.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options

This is how I should have worded my response. Of course I want her to do well, but if she graduates and prescribes stuff like this to others then it's a recipe for disaster.

DINGDINGDING

I kind of figured that's what you were trying to say. Izokay- I fixdeded it for you ;)

*patshead*