Ladies - How many pounds for YOU to lose a pants size?

Options

Replies

• fallingtrees
    fallingtrees Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    About 8 lbs, but I'm 5'0".
  • JustSomeEm
    JustSomeEm Posts: 20,197 MFP Moderator
    Options
    To drop from a 16 to a 14 I had to lose 35 pounds. From a 14 to a 12, I had to lose 10. 12 to 10, another 10. 10 to 8, around 5 pounds. from 8 to 6, another 5 pounds. from 6 to 4, another 5. That first drop took so long because I was squeezing myself into a pair of pants that were far to small for me though. :wink:
  • naparker333
    naparker333 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Wow! Jealous of everyone here! I'm down 15 so far, and can still wear the same jeans. They're loose, and very comfy, but so far, no need for new ones yet.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    davis_em wrote: »
    To drop from a 16 to a 14 I had to lose 35 pounds. From a 14 to a 12, I had to lose 10. 12 to 10, another 10. 10 to 8, around 5 pounds. from 8 to 6, another 5 pounds. from 6 to 4, another 5. That first drop took so long because I was squeezing myself into a pair of pants that were far to small for me though. :wink:

What a fantastic loss! I'm about half way though that journey. Do you do any strength training?
  • johbro
    johbro Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    5'8" I'm guessing 15 pounds for me. I assume this differs person to person according to where you carry your extra fat. I have a belly which seems determined to stay longer. My legs and breasts are smaller.
  • livb528
    livb528 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    It depends on where your starting weight is, your height, and where you carry your extra weight. I am starting at 260 at 5'8 and in a size 20. I carry a lot of weight in my thighs and butt. I know once I lose 20 and get down to 240 I can start wearing 18's again. (Which is my first goal!) And once I get to 215-220 is when I can start wearing 16's which I can't wait for. Great thread!
  • lisaw19855
    lisaw19855 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I was a 16-18 and depends on the cut of the dress etc (I don't wear jeans often) but I've lost 9lbs and 4.5inches off my waist, I now fit a size 14 in a dress design that I used to need a 16 in
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty lean at this point, but have a bit of pudge on upper thighs and upper/lower abdomen still that I'm working to slowly get rid of.

Right now, I'm a 25, very rarely a 24 in jeans. Just bought some new pair, actually.

To get down to a 24 all of the time, I'd guess I'd have to lose maybe 5 lbs? The issue is really the upper thighs more than the waist and that seems to come off of me a bit easier than the waist, so ... yeah. Final answer, 5 lbs. And probably about 6 months of effort.
  • leighdiane91
    leighdiane91 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6, and it takes about 15-20 lbs for me to lose a pants size. But almost exactly 15lbs for shirts.
  • 29_adjacent
    29_adjacent Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    About 20 - that is I've lost about 60 and gone down 3 sizes so far.
  • snarlingcoyote
    snarlingcoyote Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    JamieATX wrote: »
    At 85 lbs lost, I have only lost 4 sizes. It's like layers on an onion. The smaller you get the fewer pounds between sizes.

That is the best description of how sizes run that I have ever read. I will have to remember this one!

• DKG28
    DKG28 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    5'5". from 193 to 173 and still wearing size 16. big hips and butt. wondering how long until size 14...
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    28lb to get from a size 10 to a size 8. Two years and no weight change to get from an 8 to a 4.
  • sajerd
    sajerd Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just today I finally had to go to the mall and buy a couple pair of pants. I'm 5'3.5" and started at 180 and size 12 pants. I've continued to wear them but have lost 16 pounds and they really weren't looking very good. Today I bought four pair of size 8. So excited. I'm just a little bummed out about my closets full of very expensive clothing that aren't going to fit anymore. Oh well. .
  • Lady_Grell
    Lady_Grell Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I've lost 15lb, but I haven't gone down any pant sizes yet. I tend to lose the weight on my hips after I lose it everywhere else. My waist is smaller, but I'm still quite hippy.
  • MamaRiss
    MamaRiss Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" and started at 186, wearing a size 16. I know at 153 I bought a pair of 12 pants( but the fit was big in the waist, so I don't really count them) and a size 8 dress. Somewhere in the 140s I bought size 6 pants ( really the fit on the 12s was really off). And at about 135 I bought size 2s (fully expecting 4's to be too tight, but was pleasantly surprised), and a size 6 dress that was a little bit to big ( the blue one on the right in my profile). I got down to 128 and the 2's were just starting to get loose
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    I've lost 22lbs so far and about a size and a half in pants size (from a loose 14P to a snug 10P). I've got another 18lbs or so to go, and I'm hoping to get down to a size 8P by the time I'm done, so another size and a half. That would be 3 sizes in 40lbs, so about 10-15lbs per size.

Update: Three months later, I'm now down 34 pounds and nearly 3 pant sizes (from loose 14P to 8P). With only six pounds to go until my GW. I doubt I'll lose another pant size via weight loss alone, but with enough of the right kind of exercise I might manage it. Still, I'm happy at an 8.

(For reference, I wear a 4 or a 6 on top. My hips are big compared to my top half.)
  • overin2015
    overin2015 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I would wonder if this is more determined by where you lose it. After 5ish pounds I am out of 16s and into 14 off the racks but I think its because I lost so much of it in my stomach. I would think that would vary maybe per person. I am hoping for the 10lbs per size as I progress but I am thinking that maybe you might go down in shirts or pants or even shoes at different times because of where you lose it.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    10-15 at 5'11", but I started out near the top end of a healthy weight range.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    overin2015 wrote: »
    I would wonder if this is more determined by where you lose it. After 5ish pounds I am out of 16s and into 14 off the racks but I think its because I lost so much of it in my stomach. I would think that would vary maybe per person. I am hoping for the 10lbs per size as I progress but I am thinking that maybe you might go down in shirts or pants or even shoes at different times because of where you lose it.

Yes--and where you carried your fat in the first place.