Ladies - How many pounds for YOU to lose a pants size?

Options

Replies

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Now you are making me wonder if I could potentially borrow clothes from smaller friends. Perhaps this is how the idea for Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants came about. You wouldn't *think* that Alexis Bledel and America Ferrera could wear the same jeans, but maybe they actually CAN. ;)

Hehe. Except I have to hem all of mine. So they'd probably only go down to your knees. :|
  • Sophiasmomma
    Sophiasmomma Posts: 155 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    No idea. I'm 5'3.5. I started at 170 lbs in size 16 jeans and because I knew I wanted to at least lose 40 lbs, didn't want to invest in jeans until I was closer to goal. At about 130 lbs I was a size 6 and now at 120 lbs I'm around 0-2 depending on the brand

great JOB!!!
    Im 5'3 and down to 148 cant wait to get to the point u r at

great job!
    I lost 11 lbs and just now seeing that I could go buy a size smaller . However I am not since I have another 15 lbs to go :)
  • gossipkween
    gossipkween Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    im 5'7 and around 10 lbs.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    segacs wrote: »
    Now you are making me wonder if I could potentially borrow clothes from smaller friends. Perhaps this is how the idea for Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants came about. You wouldn't *think* that Alexis Bledel and America Ferrera could wear the same jeans, but maybe they actually CAN. ;)

Hehe. Except I have to hem all of mine. So they'd probably only go down to your knees. :|

Oh, I wear 10S--28" inseam even though I am 5'10". You are my jean twin. :)
  • segacs
    Options

Wow. Mine are 29" inseam even though I'm 9 inches shorter than you. Bodies are weird indeed.

And yep, hello jean twin. :)
  • emily9423
    emily9423 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    adillhoff1 wrote: »
    I've lost 30lbs before and only dropped from a 14 to a 12, I'm 5'2". It really is unique to each person.

So true! It's interesting reading everyone's experiences because I'm 5'3" and started at 173. I now weigh 147 and have yet to drop a jean size. I went from a large to a medium for shirts though and my pants are definitely fitting easier. No more jumping and stretching to get into them
  • amy8400
    amy8400 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I swear sizes are different today. 35 years ago when I was 18 and weighed 120-123 lbs. I wore a size 8 or Small. I had very little body fat (read no boobs, no butt LOL).

Several weeks ago, I accidentally grabbed a pair of size 8 jeans at TJMaxx and tried them on. They fit thanks to the stretch denim fabric, though I had a little more booty going than the pants. I can wear them but another 5 pounds down and I think they'll be perfect.

I started at 188 and was wearing a size 14/16.

I'm now 154 and size 10 fits easily.
  • segacs
    Options
    Sizes are indeed different than they used to be. Vanity sizing has gone crazy.
  • anonniemouse
    anonniemouse Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I am pear shaped, so I tend to lose hips and thighs last. I think mine is about 20 lbs to lose a pants size, if I'm just losing by calorie deficit. Adding in exercise, it's a little less.
  • JayRuby84
    JayRuby84 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,434 Member
    Options
    No idea as the current trouser fashion is not made for my shape. I think I dropped from a somewhat too large northern European 42 to 38 within 15kg, but as there are hardly any real trousers (I'm not wearing Jeans, legging or skinny stuff) I'm not quite sure. At Marks and Spencer I tried some UK size 10 office pants that were far to wide on my waist. Size 8 sat nicely, but was a bit too tight on the legs. Trousers remain a frustration!
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    segacs wrote: »

Wow. Mine are 29" inseam even though I'm 9 inches shorter than you. Bodies are weird indeed.

And yep, hello jean twin. :)

I suspect that mine is weirder than yours. :)

I wasn't kidding about the long torso thing! My mother is 5'2" and our legs are the same length. Her head is at my shoulder.

I've only figured out the in last couple of years that in order to properly dress myself, I need petite bottoms and tall tops.
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    LAWoman72 wrote: »
    I have lost 21 lbs. and have not yet dropped a pants size. However, my shirts are starting to look like maternity clothes on me. They hang off me and float all around.

This is me too :neutral:
    My shorts/pants are loose but not to the point of falling off.
    My shirts are barely hanging on my shoulders but I haven't been able to give those up either because my "spare" tire is still there :confused:

• 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    redfiona99 wrote: »
    All I know is that so far 10 pounds hasn't lost me a jeans size. But I am both short and carry all my weight around my middle.
    4'2 here...I know how that goes :confused:
  • Merkavar
    Merkavar Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    What is a pants size? My pants are in cm.

At a guess I lost like 1cm for ever 3 kg lost.

List around the 40kg mark and lost like 15cm off my pants. But I didn't keep accurate measurements of my pants.

Didn't see this was aimed at ladies, maybe why I don't know what a pants size is.
  • megomerrett
    megomerrett Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    For me it's usually a stone per size. I'm 10 stone 6 at the moment and size 12 (UK so an 8 to most of you) in trousers/jeans and some tops. At 9 stone 7 I know I'm a definite size 10. I'm short and carry most of my weight in my thighs and tummy.
  • LacednLace
    LacednLace Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7.5 and I from what I recall from all my ups and downs in weight/size its approx 15lbs between sizes for me.
  • stefsc1
    stefsc1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    On average, 20 pounds. I started in a size 30, and after losing 75 pounds I am just now fitting into some size 22s. My mom is the same height as me, but weighs 25 pounds less and is also wearing size 22s still.
  • vegaschick82
    vegaschick82 Posts: 22 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    A few years ago when I was living a healthier lifestyle to lose weight I was buying a smaller pant size every month but that was after figuring out how to eat, when to eat, what to eat. I'm trying to remember how I did that as I gave up one day and gained my weight back.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    rosehips60 wrote: »
    It's amazing how different we all are. I am currently 211 and wear size 10 jeans. They are loose.

Are you really tall?

Nope--same height as you.