Ladies - How many pounds for YOU to lose a pants size?

Options

Replies

• threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    5'1" and 10 pounds per size. Am 3 pounds from a 50 pounds loss and down 5 pant sizes.
    I started at 162. I would expect to see more pounds needed per pant size at higher weights.
  • lindaloo1213
    lindaloo1213 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    livb528 wrote: »
    It depends on where your starting weight is, your height, and where you carry your extra weight. I am starting at 260 at 5'8 and in a size 20. I carry a lot of weight in my thighs and butt. I know once I lose 20 and get down to 240 I can start wearing 18's again. (Which is my first goal!) And once I get to 215-220 is when I can start wearing 16's which I can't wait for. Great thread!

I agree! I lose from the top down and at 215 i just pulled out all of my 18's but my top half is more like a 12. I wont see a 16 until I get down to about 175. Im 5'6"
  • cwagar123
    cwagar123 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    At 250 lbs I was in size 20/22... At 195 I am in a 14... Just started buying new pants tho when I realized how ridiculous I looked wearing pants that were falling down
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how different we all are. I am currently 211 and wear size 10 jeans. They are loose.
  • minties82
    minties82 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    I was 253lbs @ 4'11". I'm about 204lbs now and lost maybe 2 sizes?
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    I started at 198 pounds and was size 14/16 depending on the jeans. I'm not 167 pounds and size 12, and they are comfortable. Size 10 is still a wee bit too small even when I was at 164 a few weeks ago (I've been slacking). I suspect size 10 won't fit well until 155 or so just like a decade ago when I was that weight. I know when I was 135 at 18 I was a size 6/8 depending on the brand.
  • Lexicpt
    Lexicpt Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and it takes me about 10 pounds to lose a pant size.
  • TiffanyR71
    TiffanyR71 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I started around 190 and am 5'4" - 18 pants/jeans were very tight - now I'm at 183 and 18 is just right. If I lose the way I usually do, I'll be ready for 16 after losing another 10. New sizes come after around 15 lbs lost. My goal is 145, and I'm a 10/12 at that size - I have big hips/bum, and have a really hard time finding pants/jeans that fit my hips and waist (when they fit my hips, they're usually way too big in the waist & flare out in the back, especially). I have clothes ranging from 6-18, thanks to 25 years of yo-yo-ing from 130-190 - ha ha, though there's very little I could still pull off wearing now that I'm 25 years older!
  • JessieLMay
    JessieLMay Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    For me personally it takes 25 lbs to be lost to lose a pant size. But I am also "morbidly obese" so there is a lot more fat from the entire body before I drop enough to fix in a size smaller. So discouraging and disheartening.
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    Like 5lbs
  • shaunte92
    shaunte92 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Haven't quite got it down to an exact number, but...
    I'm 5'10
    At 165 I comfortably fit into most of my 7's
    At 155 I comfortably fit into most of my 5's

... So I guess I'd agree with the 10 pounds theory
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,937 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options
    I've lost 8 kg (about 18 lb?) ... and I'm still wearing the same sized clothing. My clothes don't feel any different from when I was 8 kg heavier.

I've been wearing Size 16 (Australian) = about Size 14 (North American) most of my adult life, and meanwhile in that time my weight has ranged from underweight to overweight and everything in between.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    It's amazing how different we all are. I am currently 211 and wear size 10 jeans. They are loose.

I'm 121 and I still wear some size 10 jeans (or some 8s depending on brand). I want to know your secret! You must have, like, 0% body fat.
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options
    livb528 wrote: »
    It depends on where your starting weight is, your height, and where you carry your extra weight. I am starting at 260 at 5'8 and in a size 20. I carry a lot of weight in my thighs and butt. I know once I lose 20 and get down to 240 I can start wearing 18's again. (Which is my first goal!) And once I get to 215-220 is when I can start wearing 16's which I can't wait for. Great thread!
    This!!! I'm 5'10" and at 193 I'm in a 16 and started in a 20 so almost 30 pounds and I've only lost 2 sizes. I carry most of my weight in my hips and butt and thanks to genetics (way to go Grandma Helen!) even when I'm around 175 still can only make a 14. Of course it's been a really long time since I've been that low so maybe with vanity sizing that will change. I'll get back to you in 18 pounds. :p
  • rosehips60
    rosehips60 Posts: 1,030 Member
    Options

Are you really tall?
  • amozanich
    amozanich Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and it took 25-30 lbs for me to get from size 18 to size 16. After 45 lbs, I'm now in size 14. Yay!
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    segacs wrote: »

I'm 121 and I still wear some size 10 jeans (or some 8s depending on brand). I want to know your secret! You must have, like, 0% body fat.

I'm tall-ish, but I seem to be wearing much smaller sizes even than people who are my exact height and weight, so I'm not quite sure. I think that it is a combination of having a really long torso, large frame size/skeleton and really big boobs. The only fat I have left on my body is belly, but the rest of me is very muscular. I do lift heavy. I also swim and dance, so my legs are pretty thin.

I had my body fat checked in a bod pod when I weighed 218 and it was something horrible like 40%. I have a lot of surgical implants, and I wonder if that somehow messed up the reading though.

Bodies are weird. :)
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    edited April 2015
    Options

Bodies are weird indeed. Mine sounds like the complete opposite of yours. I'm short (5'1"), ridiculousy short-torsoed, and have narrow shoulders and a small upper half, tiny head, hands and feet, but extra fat on my mid-section, giant 38" hips, big thighs and calves. My body fat is roughly 30%, down from about 45% when I started six months ago. I'm pretty comfortably wearing size 8 jeans now that I'm nearing the 120lb mark, but I wear size 6 or 4 on top in most brands.

...Needless to say, it's hard for me to buy clothes.
  • BigLifter10
    BigLifter10 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    For me it is seven pounds if you go from sequential numbers (size 12 to 11), but a lot of clothing is sized evenly in women's clothing (odd numbers in teen sizes) so, technically, for me to go from a 12 to a 10, it ends up being about 12 to 14 lbs.
  • azulvioleta6
    Options
    segacs wrote: »

Bodies are weird indeed. Mine sounds like the complete opposite of yours. I'm short (5'1"), ridiculousy short-torsoed, and have narrow shoulders and a small upper half, tiny head, hands and feet, but extra fat on my mid-section, giant 38" hips, big thighs and calves. My body fat is roughly 30%, down from about 45% when I started six months ago. I'm pretty comfortably wearing size 8 jeans now that I'm nearing the 120lb mark, but I wear size 6 or 4 on top in most brands.

...Needless to say, it's hard for me to buy clothes.

Ha ha, yep! I do have broad shoulders, large hands and a big head. I wear a 12 or 14 on top.

Now you are making me wonder if I could potentially borrow clothes from smaller friends. Perhaps this is how the idea for Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants came about. You wouldn't *think* that Alexis Bledel and America Ferrera could wear the same jeans, but maybe they actually CAN. ;)