Ladies - How many pounds for YOU to lose a pants size?

Options

Replies

• jessiemjporter
    jessiemjporter Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    im 5'5 and would say about 15lbs~ im UK size 12 now and still have 45lbs to lose (so i hope one day i can be a size 8~~ ^.^
  • HealthyVitamins
    HealthyVitamins Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    I lost a pant size by dropping 5% body fat, which was only about 3KG
  • redfiona99
    redfiona99 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    All I know is that so far 10 pounds hasn't lost me a jeans size. But I am both short and carry all my weight around my middle.
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    I've lost 22lbs so far and about a size and a half in pants size (from a loose 14P to a snug 10P). I've got another 18lbs or so to go, and I'm hoping to get down to a size 8P by the time I'm done, so another size and a half. That would be 3 sizes in 40lbs, so about 10-15lbs per size.

But I carry my weight in my hips and middle, and I'm short. So pants size isn't necessarily the best gauge. I've already gone from a L to a M in tops, and I have small shoulders and a smaller upper half than lower half. Clothes fit funny on me 'cause my torso is so short.

Anyway, sometimes it's not about pounds on the scale, but body composition. I know plenty of women who wear a smaller clothing size but who weigh more than me at my height. They're just more fit and toned than I am. I'm working on it.
  • ldysteph69
    ldysteph69 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It's 10 pounds for me; I'm 5'0 tall, and I have about 24 pounds to lose. I'm working hard to get there!
  • adillhoff1
    adillhoff1 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I've lost 30lbs before and only dropped from a 14 to a 12, I'm 5'2". It really is unique to each person.
  • Ldbg289
    Ldbg289 Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I'm not really sure how many pounds I lost before I dropped sizes. My size varies depending on the brand. Size 8-12(really the 12 should be tossed because while I can wear them they are kind of big on me).
  • in_the_end
    in_the_end Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    10 lbs lost per pants size for me.
  • jalie1976
    jalie1976 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    At 5'2 and have lost 11 pounds : has left me between a tight 3 and an odd fitting 5 :neutral_face: but what a great question, I had never really given that any thought :smiley:
  • sk1nnyf0rm3
    sk1nnyf0rm3 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    Am I just like, really weird or something. For me I've lost about 23 lbs and I've gone from a 6/7 to 0/00 (or sometimes the 00 is a little loose)
  • chelsmccann
    chelsmccann Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    17lb down and I am still waffling between a size 10-12 depending on the brand. But I feel ill be permanently in the 10s in a couple lbs. I carry the most around my midsection, it's probably gonna be the last to go...
  • mizzzc
    mizzzc Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    hmm I guess I shouldve paid better attention. i started off at size 18/20 and now 50 pounds later I am a size 14. Hoping to be a 12 in the next 10 pounds but we will see
  • jillianedwards
    jillianedwards Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Around 20 pounds for me
  • bingfit221
    bingfit221 Posts: 105 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I wear men's pants so this may be totally irrelevant BUT I have noticed for me it takes 15lbs to drop 2 inches. So from per say t 36 to 34 or 34 to 32. But then again, every pair of pants fit differently ugh. They need to come up with universal pant size system!
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    bingfit221 wrote: »
    They need to come up with universal pant size system!

Agreed, and vanity sizing makes it worse!

My measurements are with pants of the same brand. I wear Banana Republic a lot ('cause it's one of the only stores that actually sells petites) and I use that as a gauge. If I'm dropping sizes in the same brand and style, then I know I'm losing weight and not just experiencing variance between brands.
  • williams969
    williams969 Posts: 2,528 Member
    Options
    It depends on your starting weight and how you carry it. There's more of a difference between the larger sizes I think.

Between size 12 and size 10 was something like 20 lbs for me (I lose from the top down so it took awhile). But the difference between 10 and 8 was only 10 lbs. The difference between a size 6 and a size 4 was 0 lbs, just a year of lifting.

I had a similar progression. I was in "tight" 10s (size 12 was too loose, but I was bustin' outta my size 10), took about 20 lbs to get into 8's. I've since only lost 5 more lbs, but down one more full size (6 is loose). I'm guessing as I continue my strength training, size 4 will be in my near future, with little to no more weight loss.
  • azulvioleta6
    azulvioleta6 Posts: 4,195 Member
    Options
    Started at size 22, now wear size 10, 85 pounds lost...so in my case, something like 14 pounds on average.
  • LiveLoveRunFar
    LiveLoveRunFar Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Four sizes = 30 pounds. 18W to 16W to 14R to 12R
  • kay182
    kay182 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I've noticed it's more lbs the higher the size (As others have pointed out) and I carry a lot of fat around my stomach. I was a size 12 at 188 and probably 168. But then I went down to a size 10 from the mid 160s to now at 157. I'm a size 8 in a few pairs of dress pants I have too... it's more like my butt is a size 8 and my stomach hasn't caught up yet ;)