Ladies - How many pounds for YOU to lose a pants size?

Options

Replies

• kiela64
    kiela64 Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'2" and I've lost 15lbs. I'm 179 at the moment and my size 18s are becoming loose, so I'm glad I only bought 2 pairs of pants in that size (especially the jeans without stretch, wow) but I still can't comfortably wear my size 16 pants with some stretch comfortably for long days. I'm guessing another 5-10lbs will do it. I carry a lot of weight in my hips, so that makes a big difference. I can however comfortably wear my size 16 shorts with some stretch that are the same brand and technically the same cut as the size 16 pants, so we may be encountering an episode of "this probably shouldn't have gone in the drier but I was lazy. Many times." ;)
  • klmnumbers
    klmnumbers Posts: 213 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    It took 20 this last time, but overall I've gone down 4 sizes (US 18 -> US 10 at 5'4") and lost 67 lbs which suggests about 17lbs per size for me.

• esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    About 10 for me.
  • Kettle_Belle14
    Kettle_Belle14 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I'm very pear shaped, currently 131 lbs, 5'5" and just now in a size 6. I was an 8 at 138, and a 10 at 145. The most I've ever weighed was 185 and I wore a size 18/20 then. I have a friend my height and 185 who wears a 10/12. Just not fair! :p
  • FatSwatter
    FatSwatter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I have lost almost 42 pounds and still wearing a size 18 although at my heaviest the size 18 was quite snug. Now I have a ton of room especially in the legs. I just hit ONEderland over the last weekend after not being there for over a decade (profile pic) and expect once I lose about 10 more pounds, I should fit comfortably in a size 16. I agree that it's definitely different for everyone.
  • skinnygirldc
    skinnygirldc Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm small (5'2" and size 4/6), and it's about 6-10 lbs for me.

At 128-138, I wear size 8 pants.

At 122-128, I wear size 6 pants.

At 112-122, I wear size 4 pants.

Below 112, I'm really too thin, but fortunately I rarely have that problem, LOL.
  • deanett72
    deanett72 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft. To my horror, I was 180 and a size 16. I'm now 158 and wearing a 12 that is getting too baggy in the wais and thighs, so bought a pair of 10's today, which fit, although snugly. I am guessing about 5 lbs from now, they will be a perfect fit.
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    10 pounds to go down a size -- exercise has a made a huge difference for me in terms of fit and shape too -- particularly weights, squats, kettlebells, push ups, etc., etc.
  • tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    I started at 216 in a 16 pants size. I've lost 24 pounds and fit nicely into my 12s...so just over 10 pounds per size.
  • steponebyone
    steponebyone Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I think 4 or 5. My pants are getting looser, but not about to fall to the ground. That will be a good sign when that day comes though! Lol
  • kellellie
    kellellie Posts: 109 Member
    edited November 2015
    Options
    i'm 5'10" with a small frame, and carry weight in my chest and hips.
    I started out years ago in 20s at 260
    I was in 18s from about 230-200. This was frustrating.
    This time around in weight loss, starting at 211, I didn't go buy new pants until I was around 193ish, and I skipped over 16s all together and into 14s. I wear yoga pants to work, so i'm assuming that's how I got away with never buying any 16 in jeans, since I only really wear them on my time off. I should mention 14s were tight at 193, but not tight enough to keep me from wearing those suckers every chance I got.
    I got into my 12s once I hit the 180 I think. Again, a bit tight when I first got them. I'm at 176 right now and they are very comfortable, and my 14s are getting kind of saggy.
    I'm hoping once I break into the 160s I can by my very first pair of 10s.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    20 lbs(196-175) to go from 14 to 12. I do think I was ready for a 12 some 5 lbs ago but the muffin top look was not flattering at all.
  • tara_means_star
    tara_means_star Posts: 957 Member
    Options
    This thread inspired me to try on a pair of pants I've been holding for years to try to wear again. They are a size 10 and I can button them! Not comfortable enough to wear yet but getting there!
  • ghouli
    ghouli Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4", pear/hourglass shape

At 165 I was wearing a size 11 (I still wear juniors jeans lol sue me), and at 155 I went down to a 9. I have a pair of 7s that I can get on, but they're too tight right now so I'm guessing when I get to 140-145 they'll fit.
  • ZeXea
    ZeXea Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Im a 5'4 pear shape.
    I was 177 and a juniors 13, ladies 10
    At 160 I was 11/ladies 8
    At 148 I can just get into a size 9/ladies 6....also a size 4 dress ;)

So I think about 10lbs per weight loss or so? Maybe 15?
  • debrakgoogins
    debrakgoogins Posts: 2,034 Member
    Options
    If it's strictly weight loss with no exercise, 10 pounds. If I am working out and lifting heavy, I can drop a pant size with only 5 pounds lost.
  • Meganthedogmom
    Meganthedogmom Posts: 1,639 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'3" and some change.
    The biggest pair of jeans I owned was a size 22 but mostly I wore a size 20, and it's taken me 85 pounds to get to a size 10. If I average that out, it's about 14-17lb per size. Not sure if that's actually how it came off, though. I feel like I'm losing sizes quicker, the closer I get to my goal, but then again maybe that's because I used to wear scrubs to work and didn't mind them being baggy.
  • ZeXea
    ZeXea Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    bittyshark wrote: »
    I'm 5'4", pear/hourglass shape

At 165 I was wearing a size 11 (I still wear juniors jeans lol sue me), and at 155 I went down to a 9. I have a pair of 7s that I can get on, but they're too tight right now so I'm guessing when I get to 140-145 they'll fit.

Hey we're the same lol! Nice to meet you fellow stat-haver :)
  • Ladiebug710
    Ladiebug710 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I agree with others... It depends on how close you are to goal. 5'10" and I wore a 20w at 285. I had to lose almost 50 lbs before I dropped a single size. But now the difference between a 16 and 14 is only about 15 lbs.
  • tasaiar1
    tasaiar1 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I used to be size 8-10 and due to two consecutive pregnancies I've put in 22kg and reached size 16 :/
    So nearly 7kg per size?