Ladies - How many pounds for YOU to lose a pants size?

Options

Replies

• Deena_Bean
    Deena_Bean Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Roughly 10 pounds - depends on the brands.
  • hvreeland
    hvreeland Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I found it was about 8.
  • toiletski
    toiletski Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on how you're losing weight? (Diet only vs diet & strength training vs diet & cardio?)

I only say this because when I first started years ago, I was 220lbs and a size 16/18
    The lowest I got to was 146lbs and was wearing a size 10
    Then I gained 50lbs and was back up to a 13/14
    and now I'm around 175 and I'm back to wearing a size 10/11
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I'm closer to 20-25 lbs to lose a jean size.
  • RejsGirl
    RejsGirl Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1, I've lost 70 lbs. and went from a 22-24 or 3X to a 10-12, XL.
  • jenniferann320
    jenniferann320 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    mkakids wrote: »
    How many pounds do you have to lose to drop a pants size? I know it will vary from person to person....just curious!

I've lost 18lbs and still not able to buy a size down. Always been the car for me when losing weight. Never seem to hold on long enough to see the pants size drop. This time I will do it! I have to.
  • dawnna76
    dawnna76 Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    at least 20 for me :(
  • mrsdcsmithiv
    mrsdcsmithiv Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    About 10-15 lbs but once I get to 180ish I'm stuck in size 12 jeans cause I have really wide hips so they are usually baggy in the legs and butt if I get skinnier than that.
  • barbiereynolds701
    barbiereynolds701 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    It took 22-25 lbs for me to drop a size
  • CactusFlower527
    CactusFlower527 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    at about 5'8 and 234 lbs I was in a very tight 18. I have lost about 10 lbs and now the 18's are loose, but I am nowhere near being able to fit into a 16 yet (they are just too tight - though they do fit up over my hip and butt - they are too tight to sit in). I am trying to not be too hard on myself - since I probably should have been in a size 20 to begin with.
  • sunandmoons
    sunandmoons Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    About 15 pounds for me. I wear jrs. They just fit better. At 5'5 155 I wear a 9. Misses are just way to big in the hips and legs. However some jeans like Silver jeans are numbered by waist size and have several different designs like tuesday jeans and suki. I find a better fit with this brand.
  • littleb0peep
    littleb0peep Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    At 280 lbs I was in a size 22. I have lost 40 lbs and currently wear a size 18.
  • momasox
    momasox Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have lost 27 pounds and have gone down one size. My stomach apparently doesn't know I have lost so much weight.
  • LisaTcan
    LisaTcan Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Typically about 10 lbs I'm 5'6 at 155 I was a 10, at 145 an 8 and now I'm a 6 at 135. However I think I'll probably fit into a 4 soon, so probably less the smaller you get.
  • orchidbutterflies
    Options
    I think I'm in the minority here because of how high my start weight was. That being said, at my highest of 380+ lbs I was wearing a very tight 26 jeans. I was likely a 28, but I just wore sweat pants and rarely left the house rather than face the shame of buying the next size up.
    Now I am 110lbs down from that (274lbs) I only just started to feel comfortable wearing a 24.
    I've lost around 13 inches from my hips.
    Also, I'm 5'6.5 tall
  • Yogamat316
    Yogamat316 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    10lbs to get em up, 15lbs to get em zipped!
  • frankiesgirlie
    frankiesgirlie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    The less you have to lose, the more significant of a difference in jean size you'll see with less weight loss. I mean, it will depend on genetics on how fat loss is distributed but it seems that way.

I think you are right. I started with 12 lbs to lose. I'm normally a size 8 but with the extra weight I could only wear a size 10 or my size 8s that have lots of stretch to them. Lost 5 lbs so far and the size 10s look too baggy in the thighs and waist. So I'm back in a size 8 but still have about 7 lbs to go before I fit in my "happy pants" they are a cotton Capri that zip on the side and have a flat front. They are the type Mary Tyler Moore used to wear in the dick van *kitten* show--just SERIOUSLY dated myself. I have them in 5 different colors in the back of my closet. I've never gotten more compliments on a piece of clothing in my life than when I fit in those.
    Thing is, when I fit into them I wasn't just my happy weight of 140 at 5'9", but I was the workout queen and was tight and toned. Don't know if I'll ever look that good in them again,but on the days that I want to give up on the workouts and clean eating I go pull out a pair of them for motivation and get my azzz to work!
  • segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    There's definitely a bigger difference between sizes at the higher numbers. It took me ages to go from a 14 to a 12 to a 10. I zoomed right through 8 and -- to my surprise -- 6, and am now wearing 4s on the bottom and even some size 2s on top. The difference between these small sizes seems pretty minimal, and what size I wear is highly dependent on brand.
  • Azuriaz
    Azuriaz Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    I want to say about 10, but it's nonsense. Sizing is so messed up for everything. I guess it might even out to about 10 now. When I was heavier it required much more weight loss. Then again, when I was heavier, I wore a lot of pants with elastic waistbands.
  • LeWahnderful
    LeWahnderful Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    10-15lbs