Options

Replies

• auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    jpaulie wrote: »
    Thinking more along the lines of fast food, McD's, Taco Bell, etc

Oh, then I must change my answer. I rarely eat fast food (so not worth the money or calories to me) but I've never noticed an ill effect from one meal there.

Add me to this camp. I did make the mistake of ordering tacos from Jack in the Box while drunk, and that led to severe depression...
  • SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Options
    If I eat too much fat too often, I'll get sick. But that's because I don't have a gallbladder anymore.

I've not had a bile attack (that's what I call it) since I started tracking my calories on here, and I exceed my fat goal by 10 grams or so pretty often. So before I must have been way over my fat goals all the time.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    Ok, real answer.

For me, it's all about the sodium. This weekend I had a bagel, lox, smoke whitefish and cream cheese from an awesome Jewish deli in NYC. I would not consider this junk food by any stretch of the imagination BUT it will take me until tomorrow to shake it off and I will have to drink a ton of water to flush out the sodium.

No regrets. It was f&cking delicious.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    I felt awesome after my Big Mac this past Saturday and then I had Red Lobster!! ;)
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options

That's food. So if I stopped at McDonalds and got a cheeseburger with a side salad it's junk because McDonald's?

Thanks think I'll go there for dinner

so...no...thanks
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options

That's food. So if I stopped at McDonalds and got a cheeseburger with a side salad it's junk because McDonald's?

Thanks think I'll go there for dinner

so...no...thanks

But why is that junk food?
  • jpaulie
    edited January 2015
    Options
    guys, this post was not started with an ulterior motive, really. Nothing sinister about this. :) If you don't refer to Mcd's and other fast food as junk, then I assume you answer is no. My favorite food in the world is Filet-o-fish. Wish i could have one even once a month. I eat it and feel like crap every time. For those of you who can eat it whenever you want I will live vicariously through you. :)
  • dizzzigrl
    dizzzigrl Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Anyone want a Kahlua cupcake with Bailey's frosting made them yesterday YUM

47f1b74cfd9f66b8330c5459ee22a1fd3217.jpg
    YUM!
  • melimomTARDIS
    melimomTARDIS Posts: 1,941 Member
    Options
    If I eat too large of portions (especially of food that is oily) I get acid reflux. but a portion controlled amount I am okay. However, if I eat too large of a portion of non-junk food I get reflux, so that probably invalidates my earlier comment.
  • jpaulie
    edited January 2015
    Options
    dizzzigrl wrote: »

YUM!

I thought cupcakes were a staple food how dare you include them in a junk food poll! :)
  • jpaulie
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    I felt awesome after my Big Mac this past Saturday and then I had Red Lobster!! ;)

Ah red lobster, a dish of butter with some Lobster on the side ;)
  • Th3Ph03n1x
    Th3Ph03n1x Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    For those of you on a well-balanced diet, does a junk food meal have a negative affect on you? Yea or Nay (let's leave out the healthy vs bad food posts, not the point, just a poll)

referring to fast food, McD's, Taco Bell, etc

Me...yes

If I overeat yes. If I just have for instance a cheese burger (not a giant one) then no.
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »

Ah red lobster, a dish of butter with some Lobster on the side ;)

Didn't have any butter.
  • xcalygrl
    xcalygrl Posts: 1,897 Member
    Options
    Not really. Restaurant and fast food often have higher sodium than I'm used to so I'm extra thirsty and bloated the next day. Other than that, it doesn't really affect me.
  • Jewels211
    Jewels211 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Yes. Usually I get a queasy right after because of the grease levels, & the next day I always retain fluid from the sodium levels.
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options
    One meal or "treat" item? Nope, not at all. Some things I wouldn't choose now (McDonald's French fries) but other stuff (Steak N' Shake burger) is still awesome tasting to me.

Two or three of those meals in a few days' time? Yes. I feel awful, bloated and blah and can't wait to get back to my normal healthier habits.
  • acheben
    acheben Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    It isn't a problem for me. I'll gain a little water weight, but that's about it.
  • ForecasterJason
    ForecasterJason Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Sometimes junk food that is high in fat can upset my digestive system.
  • ashdawg8790
    ashdawg8790 Posts: 819 Member
    Options

I've made those before... OMNOMNOM!!

To answer the OP's question - if I eat too many carbs of any kind (with not enough protein), I generally feel pretty awful. Not really junk-food related, though, really. Too much sugar has always made me feel yucky, so I try to balance. :)
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,241 Member
    Options
    No, but the food rules in Canada a much more stringent than the US. When I have had McDonald's in the US I find it doesn't taste at all like it does in Canada or other parts of the world where I have eaten it.