Junk Food Poll

Options

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    3laine75 wrote: »
    No. 'Junk food' meals are part of my healthy, balanced diet.

This.

And
    Anyone want a Kahlua cupcake with Bailey's frosting made them yesterday YUM

47f1b74cfd9f66b8330c5459ee22a1fd3217.jpg

I'll take a box of them along with my Talenti care package, thanks! :Do:)<3
  • jpaulie
    jpaulie Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Serah87 wrote: »
    jpaulie wrote: »
    Serah87 wrote: »
    I felt awesome after my Big Mac this past Saturday and then I had Red Lobster!! ;)

Ah red lobster, a dish of butter with some Lobster on the side ;)

Didn't have any butter.

Here the lobster floats in it. Guess I should have asked for butter on the side
  • Alidecker
    Alidecker Posts: 1,262 Member
    Options
    If I don't eat my standard diet for a few days, I will feel sluggish, but one meal no. Usually when it lasts for a few days, I am also not exercising like I normally do, which could be part of the problem. Then again, one meal of Chinese food makes me retain water for 3 days.
  • CaitlinW19
    CaitlinW19 Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    No, unless you count the fact that it doesn't taste near as good as I expect it too and doesn't leave me feeling full anymore.
  • kenmiller75
    kenmiller75 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel sick after eating junk when I've eaten healthy all week. Especially if its a greasy or fatty meal. My favorite splurge is Mango Habanero Wings from Buffalo Wild Wings.
  • runner475
    runner475 Posts: 1,236 Member
    Options
    Sleepy. I feel sleepy.
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Jewels211 wrote: »
    Yes. Usually I get a queasy right after because of the grease levels, & the next day I always retain fluid from the sodium levels.

This is true for me, too. Sometimes I'll have a "hangover" the next day where I just feel a little sluggish.

Usually not enough to make me swear of "junk food" forever though. Everything in moderation.

• Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I eat food from fast food type places maybe once a week. I don't feel guilty or bad emotionally about eating that type of food.
    Sometimes eating food from fast food type places can upset my system for a day or two. Pizza from Pizza Hut is always a problem for me (and dh). That is something I have maybe once or twice a year because of how I feel after eating it. I think it really just depends on the grease and sodium level how I will feel because some fast foods don't have as much impact physically.
  • jpaulie
    Options
    herrspoons wrote: »
    Had a Whopper from BK a week or so ago. Tasted awesome, was in cals, and not a single f**k was given.

that's great you can do that, wish I could :)
  • prattiger65
    prattiger65 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    Im just glad I don't have to find a demon hiding in everything I eat. I love all food, because its just that, food. And ,no, I have no ill effects after eating anything as long as I don't over eat.
  • Phoenix_Down
    Phoenix_Down Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    Im just glad I don't have to find a demon hiding in everything I eat. I love all food, because its just that, food. And ,no, I have no ill effects after eating anything as long as I don't over eat.

I love this
  • roxielu0422
    roxielu0422 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I ate pretty clean last week until Friday. I had a cheat meal of BBQ brisket, mac and cheese and creamed corn. I was sick the rest of the day and had intestinal issues to say the least... go figure.
  • teamboogers
    Options
    I think it is the calories you ought to watch. Eating 600 calories of McDonald's is the same as eating 600 calories of broccoli. Yes the broccoli will help your body better, digest faster, and leave you quicker, but in the area of weight one calorie is the same as another. I reward myself sometimes and feel no real effect from it. Of course, I do not large size fries, drink sugary sodas, and try to keep my calories the same as if not eating there.
  • prattiger65
    Options
    I ate pretty clean last week until Friday. I had a cheat meal of BBQ brisket, mac and cheese and creamed corn. I was sick the rest of the day and had intestinal issues to say the least... go figure.

I would ask, did you over eat? I have a similar issue if I over eat, doesn't matter what. My history tells me that I over eat when I think I am "cheating'.
  • jpaulie
    edited January 2015
    Options

I don't see demons in my food either. I saw a picture of Al Pacino on a burned filet-o-fish once though
  • Need2Exerc1se
    Need2Exerc1se Posts: 13,575 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

It's not uncommon to have issues when you eat something outside your normal diet. It's why people often have issues when traveling to areas that eat differently.
  • Anonycatgirl
    Anonycatgirl Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to eat at most fast food restaurants for years without ill effect. This hasn't bothered me because I didn't like them too much to start with. Lately I notice I feel kind of gross after eating a lot of sugary goodness (even if it's homemade and not what I'd call "junk.") That makes me sad, though I guess it's a natural check on binging.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    I feel crappy afterwards. My taste buds have changed. I am overly aware of salt and sugar now and can barely tolerate foods that are salty or very sweet. Same with greasy. This is why I prefer to make my own food when possible and when eating out, avoiding chain places. Can't remember the last time I ate at a McDonald's or similar. Over a year for sure.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Besides needing clarification on why you think fast food is "junk", I need clarification on what negative effects you are inquiring about. If I eat fast food then yes, I may have water retention. I don't consider that a negative effect because I expect it to happen. The water weight is gone after a couple of days and I enjoyed the meal so what's the big deal? In fact, my entire experience with tracking my weight on MFP has been filled with a series of ups and downs, usually up after the weekend, but in a predictable manner and the overall trend was down up until the time I hit maintenance.

Over Christmas, I had some stomach discomfort from prolonged days of eating rich foods, but those were homemade and definitely not "junk". I still didn't consider it a negative effect because I enjoyed the holiday indulgences with my family and friends.

• prattiger65
    Options
    jpaulie wrote: »

I don't see demons in my food either. I saw a picture of Al Pacino on a burned filet-o-fish once though
    Al Pacino is one scary mofo!