• varuca1
    varuca1 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Great post! I needed to see this :)
  • StephTheBookworm
    StephTheBookworm Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    how did you meet your fiancé on here?

On a message board! We were both writing that we were shy so we became friends and started messaging each other. Then we were friends on Facebook, then later started Skyping. Then after a few months, he came to visit me in New York from California and he never left. Two months after arriving, he proposed. We are getting married in October after a 14 month engagement. :heart:
  • vickivic113
    vickivic113 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I really hope you get to go to Europe! You are doing great. Very encouraging, good tips!
  • ldbuster0
    ldbuster0 Posts: 207
    Options
    Great job and great info. Thanks
  • Naomi0222
    Naomi0222 Posts: 84
    Options
    Excellent post...thank you for doing it!
  • Cherry_T
    Cherry_T Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    You are ALWAYS on a diet weither good or bad. Ya follow?
  • sbrownallison
    sbrownallison Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    What a terrific job you are doing -- and what a sane approach you've taken. You look wonderful! Good on you. Your tips are excellent for anyone trying to lose some weight. Thanks for posting them for others to see and be inspired by...
  • anitasongs
    anitasongs Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Thanks for sharing it was inspiring. I love the ideas, especially the cheat meal. I have been doing that and my husband and we are both losing. I am don't measure like I should, but will now get back to measuring. Thanks for the encouragement.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    WOW great story!
  • teerae326
    teerae326 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    This was exactly what I needed! I agree 100% on all counts and hope that I have the same results you do! :) Good luck reaching goal... You'll get there in no time!
  • swat1948
    swat1948 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I do a lot of those things too. I have been at this for 18 months and not losing any great amounts at a time, but eating sensibly but not denying myself treats. This is going to be a rest of my life thing because I know just a little binge throws my body into a tailspin. I really can't do cheat meals. Don't know if it's my age or because of my thyroid disease. Not saying I never do them, but when I do it takes me weeks to recover. The last cheat meal was a big meal of fried chicken, potato salad and baked beans with homemade rolls and chocolate avalanche cake for dessert with vanilla ice cream. Omg it was soooo good. Took me three weeks just to get back to my lowest weight I had recorded here. Haven't had one since and that one was May 12th, Mother's Day and my birthday was the next day. Well so far I have lost 104 pounds and wear a 12 on the bottom and a large or 14 - 16 on top. Still have a roll around my middle. I have 17 pounds to go before I reach my goal and then I will evaluate and decide if I want to lose more. As far as exercise goes, I do more than I ever thought possible but running is out. Both of my knees are artificial but I really push myself, walking as fast as possible. Started on an exercise bicycle which is now broken, but I walk and do exercise videos I find on youtube. My current favorite is Jillian Michael's kickboxing. You should be proud of all you have done. You are amazing!
  • jpskitts7
    jpskitts7 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the practical tips and the honesty about not being a health nut! I will definitely be incorporating the cheat meal into my "diet" plan. I love the idea of looking ahead and dreaming big! I have a long way to go, but for the first time I know I'll be able to stick with it and make it my reality! I lauged out loud about the "shifty eyes between your phone and the delicious treat...how true!
  • sandra_13
    sandra_13 Posts: 20
    Options
    Great job. These are all very helpful.
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,006 Member
    Options
    Congrats, you look amazing, I too have lost 100 plus lbs and agree with all you tips I just took it 10 lbsbat a time and bought myself a new pair of earrings for every 10 lbs, likenyou said 100 plus lbs was terrifying
  • StephTheBookworm
    StephTheBookworm Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for sharing your stories with me here and for your kind comments!
  • dee_nc
    dee_nc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow! Thanks for such an inspirational post! I'm just starting with MFP and its slow-going. I feel like I'm doing alot of things right, but I still end up having more "bad" days than "good" ones, but I'm not giving up or giving in!! Good luck with attaining your ultimate goal!
  • janiesue101
    janiesue101 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • HottByForty
    Options
    Thanks!!!!
  • Gerald_King
    Gerald_King Posts: 2,031 Member
    Options
    Awesome well done
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!