How To Lose Weight Without Dieting (-112 pounds) tips

Options

Replies

• SarahJoy611
    Options
    Thank you so much for all these tips! I LOVED reading this!!! Very inspiring for me just starting out. I'm going to read more of your stuff now :) Great job with your weight loss, you look fantastic!
  • NewKeriSept2014
    NewKeriSept2014 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    just wanted to say ty for this post and being an inspirtation
  • LisaU135
    LisaU135 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Great weightloss story! I love # 5 and # 6.
    There would be no way going through life knowing I could never feel good about having an 3" piece of cake again.
    I think a healthy attitude is knowing you can have that cake once in awhile without the dread of gaining or not losing and
    then get back with it with the next plate.
  • keegalie
    keegalie Posts: 82
    Options
    Thank you for the great tips and inspiration! Congrats on all of your success thus far!
  • ckasap
    ckasap Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    This is a fantastic post and very inspiring for those of us who have well over 100lbs to lose! Thank you for the tips and sharing your honest approach to weight loss and congrats!
  • Aweaver1990
    Options
    Thank you for your tips!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You Look Great !
  • rjd9266
    rjd9266 Posts: 15
    Options
    I've been debating whether a food scale is worth it or not. Thanks for helping covince me it is! I'm at the beginning of this journey but hopefully in a year or so I can write a similar post :)
  • mmcape
    mmcape Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great post! We started the same size/weight and I hope I can be as successful as you have been. What is frustrating is that I did this once before and lost 83 pounds and kept it off for quite awhile but then allowed it to creep all back on over the years. I lost 20-40 pounds here and there over the years, but again, let it come back. This time I will not be gaining it back and will follow your great advise about tracking food and being honest and weighing once a week. I'm down 24 pounds (only 2 since starting to use MFP) but 24 since I started tracking my food-- first on weight watchers online and now MFP. and slowly, but surely, I am going to do it this time. Your advice about having a cheat meal is good to help stay on the plan for the long term, but not feel deprived.

It is great that you met your fiance through MFP because it can be difficult when your significant other isn't concerned about how much or what type of food he eats. I wish you all the best as you reach your goal!
  • wyotivoli
    wyotivoli Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wow.....what great ideas. I love it and you are my inspiration. I justed started this and have 160 pounds to go.:smile:
  • val1mike2
    val1mike2 Posts: 12
    Options
    Thanks Steph....I've been at it since February and have lost 15 lbs....I count calories everyday and think your tips are sensible...I will lose 10 more lbs but realisticslly I know it will take a while....I am old enough to be your grandmother so my exercise is mainly walking and gardening ....I feel better and have more vitality....Keep up the good work....You are an inspiration
  • LexiAtel
    LexiAtel Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Holy crap girl, you are FIIIINE looking. AWESOME JOB! \o/

I enjoy fruits and veggies, so I am a little luckier, but seriously, great job since you don't eat the them!!!!

Great tips, pretty much all I try to suggest to new "dieters". I would only suggest weight lifting early on for those who wish to "change their life". It will make you stronger early on, and by the time you lose all the weight you want, you will have some toning to your body. :)
  • LAW_714
    LAW_714 Posts: 258
    Options
    http://thatpaleoguy.com/2012/12/19/calorie-rants-and-ketosis-part-1/
    http://thatpaleoguy.com/2012/12/24/calorie-rants-and-ketosis-part-2/
    http://www.gnolls.org/3374/there-is-no-such-thing-as-a-calorie-to-your-body/
    http://www.gnolls.org/3409/the-calorie-paradox-did-four-rice-chex-make-america-fat-part-ii-of-there-is-no-such-thing-as-a-calorie/

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC506782/ (I like this one!)

losing it is the easy part. Keeping it off is the hard part.

Just trying to keep it real.

And congratulations!! I don't think it has anything to do with calories but that's just my opinion. Remember - maintenance is for life. (You don't go on a diet, you change your diet).

Just wanted to thank you for the links. I've only made it through the first three so far, but interesting reading.
  • redwingsfan6712
    redwingsfan6712 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I could've written this myself. It's TOTALLY my story! Except for the running part :)

Congrats on everything you've done! You look amazing!
  • lanzaroteblue
    lanzaroteblue Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting some real truths there.
    And MANY congratulations on your weight loss.
    Nicola :flowerforyou:
  • mistij68
    mistij68 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look great! Good job! Keep doing what you're doing it's working great, I just might take some tips from you, thanks! :-)
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    A little late to the game here, but wow, your story is spot on in the terms of that is how I am looking at my life. I have 150lbs total to lose and possibly more, we'll see when I get there. I feel the same way on so many levels, from the eating the stuff I want, as long as I log it and in moderation. I love sweets, chocolate, etc but now I eat 1 rather than 5 or 6 etc. That has helped me so much being able to have it and not deprive myself. That is one of the big things I took from doing WW is don't deprive yourself of something but count it and keep it in moderation. I know if I didn't have any type of sweet the last 6 weeks, I would have binged when I finally did.

Thank you for sharing your story! I hope to have the same success and you look amazing!!
  • Jlennhikes
    Jlennhikes Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Enjoyed this post! Thanks!
  • fanofsummer
    fanofsummer Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing!
  • Jameson1984
    Jameson1984 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Just got done reading this post and LOVE it! I'm trying for the third time to lose the excess weight so I am glad I found this post.
  • Zelinna
    Zelinna Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Great post! Thanks for sharing. I really like the part about not denying your self, its the people that restrict themselves too much that end up failing and giving up.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!