How To Lose Weight Without Dieting (-112 pounds) tips

Options

Replies

• StephTheBookworm
    StephTheBookworm Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all for your kind words! Means a lot!

Very disheartened by a few people though who came on here and criticized. It's very rude to do that on someone's success story, telling me that I'm on a diet (really? Do people go on a diet for 16 months? Don't think so). Another person telling me that losing weight is easy but I haven't maintained yet and they're just "keeping it real." Seriously, do they think I don't know? My fiance lost 200 pounds and has maintained for a year. And anyone who says losing weight is easy must not have had much to lose.

I shared this in order to help and inspire people, and I'm glad I reached so many of you. To those who think it's appropriate to criticize other's success stories... it's not. It's hurtful and rude.
  • JennyV2013
    JennyV2013 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing and congrats on your weight loss! I can't believe you met your fiancé on MFP!!
  • gretchygirl32
    gretchygirl32 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! You also write very well! I'm glad you are providing a blog to help others!:smile:
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Thanks to all for your kind words! Means a lot!

Very disheartened by a few people though who came on here and criticized. It's very rude to do that on someone's success story, telling me that I'm on a diet (really? Do people go on a diet for 16 months? Don't think so). Another person telling me that losing weight is easy but I haven't maintained yet and they're just "keeping it real." Seriously, do they think I don't know? My fiance lost 200 pounds and has maintained for a year. And anyone who says losing weight is easy must not have had much to lose.

I shared this in order to help and inspire people, and I'm glad I reached so many of you. To those who think it's appropriate to criticize other's success stories... it's not. It's hurtful and rude.
    Sorry you found that "criticism". It wasn't. I looked up the definition of diet many times over the last year. In part because people act like it's a bad word on here.
    Again, it wasn't criticism. Sorry you felt it was.
  • skinnylady2014
    skinnylady2014 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your huge success!!!! Very inspiring!!!

Tbanks for the great tips!!
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,039 Member
    Options
    Congrats and great post... I really like that each success you have is part of the journey to prepare you for more success. Earlier this week some one had a post about you should be "training" vs "exercising"... I think you personify that concept! We are all in training so we are ready to enjoy life or reap the rewards of a healthy lifestyle. Thanks for posting!
  • miahraglin
    miahraglin Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work. You look great!
  • sweeteepie85
    Options
    Thank you so much for this and congrats on your success thus far. You look amazing!
  • DelilaLightfoot
    Options
    Steph you are so inspirational to me - I had 140lbs to loose too when I came across your first post. I completely agree with this post too - it makes complete sense to me. I have a cheat once a week, except mine is a day rather than meal. It is the only thing that has kept me going and makes such a lifestyle change so much more sustainable. As someone who loves food and loves to cook I need that one day to do that in my life. I have fallen off the wagon a bit lately due to being too busy to log in to MFP and your advice to log and be completely honest is spot on. Thanks for taking the time to share this and help others on their journey.
  • tanyadolan1
    tanyadolan1 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the inspiration. Sometimes I bet myself up for being so overweight but like you I love my food. Since I started MyFitness plan I have found it so much easier to record what I eat and how much. I will keep your tips on me all the time and remember that I am not in this alone..
  • Mrsmorman
    Mrsmorman Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    You look marvelous...
  • NurAneesa
    NurAneesa Posts: 2
    Options
    You're so amazingg. I wish I can be like you in future :) *Smileesss I'm Sasa
  • madamecj82
    madamecj82 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Awesomeness! =) Thanks for sharing!
  • jenn559896
    jenn559896 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational :)
  • msjames1999
    msjames1999 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips.
  • mattschwartz01
    mattschwartz01 Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    I agree with everything but the cheat meals. If the point of losing weight is a lifestyle change, then why revert back to old habits? For me, eating was highly emotional and I'm determined that it no longer will be. I don't want to fall back into old habits by eating fried chicken and fries to feel better when I've had a bad day. Cheating can be like enabling and the stricter you adhere to your goals and the less you swerve from your path, the more your determination will grow. I can understand "treat" meals but not "cheat" days. It seems like a cheat day is a self-granted license to binge thereby destroying all of your hard work. I've worked too hard and come too far to have my efforts flushed by a binge.
  • Jocosase
    Jocosase Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Awesome post! Thanks for keeping it real and keeping it simple. I needed this reminder because I was starting to loose it completely.

Great job!
  • TRexMex
    TRexMex Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the post. Inspirational!
  • salmat77
    salmat77 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: You are amazing thank so much for posting this it really gives me hope that I know I cand dedicate myself to me, because I do deserve it!!

Thanks!
  • musycnlyrics
    musycnlyrics Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    awesome job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!