How To Lose Weight Without Dieting (-112 pounds) tips

Options

Replies

• naturaldiv4
    Options
    I am very late on reading this but this is a very inspirational post!! I have been using myfitnesspal off and on for about 2 years. I just recently told myself that this will be my last time restarting because I want to stick with it and finally start seeing results!!
  • positivechic1978
    Options
    Wow, you look great!!! Thanks for sharing!!
  • WallyH4EverVersion
    WallyH4EverVersion Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look great! Thank you for sharing your journey, very inspiring!!
  • PinkyKiwii
    PinkyKiwii Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Congrats! :)
    Bumping for later
  • lsorci919
    lsorci919 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    Wow you look amazing! Congrats on your success!! You are so close to your goal! Most of your advice is what I'm doing now and yes I have to agree it works! I'm working on the scale one lol I actually like seeing how much my weight fluctuates. It actually doesn't bother me at all to see it go up and down, I'm weird though.
  • abalipadi
    abalipadi Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Wonderful tips and all seem like "that can be done". Kudos on your progress! Hope to get fitter soon!
  • indie_hearts
    Options
    Amazing job, Steph! Thanks for the post. I did Weight Watchers 2 years ago and lost 50lbs, but I'm moving out of my comfort zone with my weight now. I definitely needed to read this post! Very inspiring. Keeping it simple truly is the best solution. I like what you said about setting small goals for yourself. I need to remember that the overall goal will happen eventually, but to set those mini goals so I have smaller achievements is equally as important! Thanks again, I will definitely be looking back at your post when I'm feeling down or struggling!
  • suzyfj8
    suzyfj8 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration well done congrats :)
  • fraklein
    fraklein Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I didn't start losing weight until I stopped counting calories and exercising for exercise' sake. I now eat as much fat as possible and under 50 carbs a day. So far, in less than 3 months, I've lost 24 pounds, have a normal blood pressure of 122/72, and normal blood glucose <100. I started my diet when my doctor told me that I was diabetic, and I wanted to avoid taking medication for it. I admit it's been hard unlearning my old beliefs about fiber and fat and exercise, but my health has improved so much with the low carb/high fat diet.
  • supersparklegirl
    Options
    Thanks for sharing what's working for you, very inspiring!! And, watch out Europe, I bet you'll get there soon!
  • 123stefania
    123stefania Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Wow...nice post.
    I agree with all the tips you gave. I have been doing the same thing since the beginning of my journey.
    The only thing I dont have is a HRM.
    I think I will go shop for that.
    Me too, I gave myself rewards, very motivating!
  • fpelletier
    fpelletier Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure just reading this for the first time, and I see it's quite an old post but it was perfect timing for me! I think we're long lost twins lol I am pretty much on the same page as you as far as eating & exercising. I am not denying myself foods or killing myself working out and it's still working for me.

Thank you for posting & congrats on your weight loss!
  • VanessaRudden
    VanessaRudden Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Well Done with the Weight loss - you deserve a medal!!! Very Inspiring - thanks for posting.
  • sherisse69
    sherisse69 Posts: 795 Member
    Options
    Amazing story and success! Thank you for sharing :)
  • sranney2
    sranney2 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love that you have been able to lose weight by portion size. I am embarking on a weight loss journey. I need to lose 35 pounds. It may not sound like a huge amount, but I am a small frame and my body is very unhappy with the extra weight.
    seeing that you have been able to do this counting calories and portion control encourages me because this is my dieting style. Yay for you !
  • ladonnabeard7
    ladonnabeard7 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    hi,

I'm not sure if you are able to read all of your replies but if you do I just want to tell you congratulations on your journey you are such an inspiration. I just started this journey 3 weeks ago I was 5'0 and 305 lbs ( time for a change). I am a mother of 3 wonderful children and a great husband that I also met on the internet. I was at the heaviest I have ever been. My 2nd child had a muffins with mom day at school and I went with her and when she came home from school that day she told be that the kids made fun of her because her mother was "fat". I was also a smoker, the same day my 4 year old told me that she wished that I would quit smoking because she didn't want me to die....I cried myself to sleep that night. The next morning I decided that it was time for a change I quit cold turkey (smoking) and decided to get off my butt and do something about my weight. It is not much but I am happy to say that I am down 6 lbs and I haven't smoked in 3 weeks. I am so glad that I came across this website/app I use it daily. I hope in a year or so I am able to show my success story like so many others. Once again congrats on your lifestyle change!!!!!
  • Healthy_4_Life2
    Healthy_4_Life2 Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job on your wonderful progress! Wow!
  • elghee123
    elghee123 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the share!
  • tbs41
    tbs41 Posts: 8
    Options
    Thank you for this today! I love what you said about portion control, logging EVERYTHING you eat & eating normal foods, and weighing yourself only once a week! I'm using you for my Monday morn inspiration, since you are truly that to me! I know you will reach your ultimate goal of 140, & you look absolutely fab!
  • mkghbrad
    mkghbrad Posts: 20
    Options
    Needed to read this today!! Thank you and congrats on your weight loss so far. As this post is nearly a year old - I guess you're at goal now??
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!