"4 Weeks Team Challenge" - Join me ;) Jan 17 to febr 13 Just before Valentine's Day

Options

Replies

• Charityn12
    Options
    To all the members who have a Team, please go to this link and meet your team, there is a thread for every team. Thank you @ GingerbreadCandy I am not so familiar with all these tools in MFP but I am a fast learner 8) Thank you!!!!

Link to join if you have already a Team:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/102292-4-weeks-team-challenge-1-17-2-13

This is my Welcome Post for my team 1, please send me your numbers by tomorrow.

If people don't report their numbers to their captains by Saturday, we will start rearranging the teams and start this challenge with the real committed people.

Please Team 1 send me your numbers:
    Starting Weight:
    Goal Weight:

4weeksChallengeteam1poster_zps193a84b3.jpg

Don't forget to join the challenge through the link above.
    Thank you!
  • redzgal
    redzgal Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I've tried to join...looks like I'm waiting to be accepted into the group :)
  • Charityn12
    Charityn12 Posts: 268
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Charityn12 wrote: »
    <3 "4 Weeks Team Challenge"

@samanthajkanold855

Are you planning to join a team? there are few persons that can make a team, let me know
  • marquesha613
    marquesha613 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    All in!
  • Charityn12
    Options
    All in!

This is the very last minute, you want to join a team? I close at midnight, meaning now. Please reply asap.
  • Charityn12
    Options
    @mikegriffith79
    You are now in charge of Team 4:
    mikegriffith79 (Captain)
    Coxsizedrower
    cuteykitty99
    bevendanawas
    isabel61980
    trycade060812
    gothikgrrl
    racheyjinx
    jdsunflower
    debboike

You have to contact them to request their numbers
    Initial Weight
    Goal Weight

and fill the table I will send you, we should have it ready for saturday.

Thank you!
  • Charityn12
    Options
    And for the next persons:

@samanthajkanold855
    @Marissa5909
    @DayDreamer78
    @sharn1961
    @RachelDiaz1
    @98bikinisuitedlbs
    @marquesha613

I will include them in my Team 1 since we have no more captains to take charge, it's ok, I can do it. But you need to send me your numbers as soon as you can to make the tables with all of the stats. The persons who don't send their numbers by Saturday morning will be dismissed from the teams. We want real committed people. All the pals in my Team 1 including the list in here please send me a pm with your numbers.
    plan.jpg

• mikegriffith79
    mikegriffith79 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    count me in
    Let's do this!
    Are you in any of the teams?
    We need a captain for a team, please some volunteer? :#

I'm not on a team yet. I can try to be a captain
    @mikegriffith79
    You are now in charge of Team 4:
    mikegriffith79 (Captain)
    Coxsizedrower
    cuteykitty99
    bevendanawas
    isabel61980
    trycade060812
    gothikgrrl
    racheyjinx
    jdsunflower
    debboike

You have to contact them to request their numbers
    Initial Weight
    Goal Weight

and fill the table I will send you, we should have it ready for saturday.

Thank you!

Team 4 welcome this is going to be a great four weeks.

First off I want you to really thank yourselves, be proud and be happy for the way you're thinking and feeling about getting fit and healthy.

This is a process for all of us we didn't get to where we are right now overnight and we're not going to be able to fix it overnight but we're going to take steps, by steps, by steps, and eventually reach our goals.

I think everyone has parts of health and fitness that are easier for us and parts that we struggle with. So with part of your goals I want to you to look at what you struggle with, maybe it's consistency, maybe it's being too strict and beating yourself up if you aren't perfect, maybe it's getting up and moving and exercising, maybe it's something else but I want that to be part of your goals and let's track that as a team. Let me know what it is and it will be part of our numbers. As we take our steps towards reaching our goals I think it's important to build block by block.

Let's try and focus on being consistent having a good plan and doing our best to fulfill that plan. So regarding your plan I want you to pick some forms of exercise that you like and will do and a number of times per week that you'll perform that exercise.

Let's figure out an eating plan I don't want to use the word diet because we're going to shift the way we look at food and think about food. I love food. I love everything about it, I love cooking it, I love the taste of it, I love sharing it with friends and family. So I'm going to take this love of food and use it to my advantage by making healthy meals that taste good and are appealing to me. MFP has set me up on a 40% protein, 30% fat and 30% carb program. I am going to use this as my template and eat my happy food around this. I am cutting out junk food and reducing my sugar intake. Oh and upping my protein. Let me know what your plans are.

Ladies, I want to say something about how fast you can lose weight. God made it more difficult for you to shed pounds than it does for us guys it's just a sad fact. I've done some research and some reading regarding this subject. About 2 pounds a month is a realistic goal for most women some can do a little bit more but about 2 pounds a month it very doable.

This is going to be fun, for the first round let's bust some rust off ourselves, get in the groove and make it happen. I know y'all can do it! I look forward to the next four weeks. If you need any help with anything, any questions, whatever just let us know and will try and figure it out.

Team 4 Rocks!!
  • mikegriffith79
    mikegriffith79 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Team 4 send me your numbers, starting wt, goal wt and you have to send me the goal for number of days of exercise and the goal for the number of days you stick with your meal plan. My goal for exercise is 3 weight workouts and 3 cardio workouts per week and my goal is to stick to my meal plan 6 days a week. I will track this in addition because these goals are super important. Please send my your stuff right away.
    Mike
  • stonejeremiah10013
    Options
    I'm in
  • desika8787
    desika8787 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Yay, I'm in! :)
  • Nthiaan
    Nthiaan Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I also want to join, but same question as mariasb1
  • SamanthaFay1970
    SamanthaFay1970 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi, am I too late to join?
  • FreshStart2015
    FreshStart2015 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am in - how do we join? :-)
  • flgirl1980
    flgirl1980 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Is it to late to join? I want to lose 100 lbs overall, but need to get my eating under control first. I am an emotional eater and am trying to get it under control 1 day at a time. I also tend to grab whatever is quick and easy because I do not like to cook at all. I'd be grateful for the help and encouragement to stick with the plan.
  • Charityn12
    Options
    @mikegriffith79‌
    Nice!
    Now you need to create your team's thread in this link, please join

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/102292-4-weeks-team-challenge-1-17-2-13
  • Charityn12
    Options
    I am sorry, at this moment, we are not accepting any new members.

noaceptamos_zpscc443c4b.png

• Charityn12
    Options
    Teams114_zps4a3b5e22.png

The following members:

Team 1
    @brandirosed
    @Moobrown
    @sweetkygirl
    @hnsc384
    @mom2tripsn2
    @zimz_07
    @Lose25now
    @carrj01
    @plbazer

Team 14
    @samanthajkanold855
    @Marissa5909
    @DayDreamer78
    @sharn1961
    @RachelDiaz1
    @98bikinisuitedlbs
    @marquesha613‌

Guys I need to hear from you and your stats to count with you in the Challenge, we start tomorrow, I should have your numbers by today, please send me a pm with your information.
  • Marissa5909
    Marissa5909 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I don't think I want to be team captain lol. Yay Im glad I'm on a team. Thank you
  • MilesMommy126
    Options
    I'd like to join. I'm new to mfp. I just had my first baby on December 6, 2014. I have about 30 pounds to lose. Looking for friends to keep me motivated. I'd love to join the group and please feel free to add me as a new motivating friend, too.