Anyone go to Planet Fitness?

Options
1234568»

Replies

• jacqueline7599
    jacqueline7599 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    mechele68 wrote: »
    I've only been working out since August 2nd. I don't know the machine names and I don't keep up with the reps I do. I know I probably would have even better results if I tracked the weights. I usually go at least 6 days a week. Every time I go I use the Arc machine for an hour and I honestly think its helped reduce my thunder thighs. Every other day I do the 30 minute circuit minus the steps. On the days I don't do the circuit I use the weights in the ab and stretch area. Then I will either do the treadmill for another hour or the bike for an hour. So far this has worked for me. I wish I could say how many inches I've lost but I accidentally threw away the notebook I had written them in. I can tell you I had to buy all new clothes. Everything was too big and now I'm washing a lot of things on hot to try to shrink them.
    Anytime I feel like I can't do another second I tell myself "I can do anything for 5 more minutes". Some days thats all that gets me through my workout.

Awesome!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    spartan_d wrote: »
    spartan_d wrote: »
    annaskiski wrote: »
    There's nothing wrong with that. If you're not their target customer, go to another gym. I don't understand the PF hate.
    I explained that previously. There's nothing wrong with having a gym for moderate or below-moderate users. The problem is with the methods that they use in targeting that market.

For some reason, a lot of PF defenders don't grasp this distinction. For example, critics complain about the falsehoods they spout, such as the incorrect information that they spread about fitness and other gyms. In response, defenders typically say, "So you're not their target market. Why should you care?"

The thing is, that's NOT the problem. There is simply no justification for spreading such falsehoods around, regardless of what one's target market is.

Well, at least you've changed your reasons for disliking PF. Before it was because they didn't offer cable machines or free weights, so that discouraged those poor overweight, out of shape suckers that go there.

Now it's the marketing they use.
    You're misrepresenting what I said. I said that I *wish* they'd provide cable machines (which, as it turns out, some locations do). This is NOT the same as saying that they MUIST provide such equipment.

My point was that you can get make progress at Planet Fitness, but that the equipment they provide limits your ability to do so. That's unfortunate, but not despicable. What is despicable is their overall philosophy and business strategy, for reasons that we have discussed here.
    PF is doing something totally right. They get tons of attention here on MFP.
    Seriously? Getting attention is a laudable goal, in and of itself? Clearly then, ISIS is doing something totally right as well.

LOL. Quite the comparison.