Restarting | 75lbs to lose and looking for some new friends :)

Options
12346»

Replies

• MzJax
    MzJax Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm having issues adding people, but am definitely willing to support and looking to support. I'm 5" looking to lose 100lbs.
  • FitGeekery
    FitGeekery Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Boo to having issues but I'll throw a request your way :) Shorties ftw! haha
  • MzJax
    MzJax Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    FitGeekery wrote: »
    Boo to having issues but I'll throw a request your way :) Shorties ftw! haha

Lol! Thanks!! When I click on people it doesn't give me an option to add! Much appreciated! Totally fell off today!!

• ktmac81
    ktmac81 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I am just now starting to figure out how to add people too
  • FitGeekery
    Options
    Yeah it can be a bit tricky at first. Normally what happens is you click on someone and it takes you to their profile. From there you can send a friend request with an option to add a message.

And don't worry MzJax, I fell off long ago and am only slowly easing myself back on. Hoping I'll have time on the weekend to cook, having my own food prepped for the week helps me out SO much.
  • nursecat1
    nursecat1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    You are just like me. My "backsliding" has just scared me to death!!! I am learning to control inflammation conditions with what I eat. I am cutting out milk,and red meat, and bread. My arthritis has improved, BUT, I still can't lose wt. Sooooo discouraged. Decided to sign up with MFP. Help me!!
  • nursecat1
    nursecat1 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I forgot to say that I'm 5'3" and weigh 168. I want to be 140. Love the positivity in this group. Please add me. Thank you.
  • mannagirl528
    Options
    Feel free to add me as well. My BFF and I are on a mission. We can all do if.
  • noobinboston
    noobinboston Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    You can add me too! :D
    I am 5"8 and weight the most I ever have, 245. My goal is 170. I would like some support too! Thanks and good luck!!!!!
  • dawn483
    dawn483 Posts: 5 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options

[/quote] Nah you're not late to the post at all, anyone wants in is welcome :D I like your short term goal a lot, maybe also because it doesn't focus on the number but on a fitness achievement. Hmmm, I'll have to consider doing something similar for myself. I don't really have anyone else in my life that's losing weight either, but at least as far as RL goes I prefer it that way. I can give myself enough excuses, don't want anyone else adding to them! lol
    [/quote]

My short term goals started out as doing a walk with my aunt. Well I started looking online and found a few more that rewarded you after the run with some bottles of local wine. The one I am really looking for to supports a charity that publishes books my daughter loves to read and I get a bottle of sangria at the end. Lol. I really want to do a color run next year
  • mersiha26
    Options
    Hi guys... I have been strugling with the weight since i got married. After that day, everything was going down the hill.. When i was pregnant with my son back in 2009/2010, gain about 20lbs, but some how i manged to bring it down to 180lbs. Back in 2013 i find out i have hypothroidism( under active thyroid) with that my weight went up to 195. Doctor put me on meds, then i got pregnant with my daugther in the end of 2013 through 2014 and gain another 16lbs. After i had my daugther i tried losing weight, but whatever i do, the weight won't come off.. i know the group is for nutrision and motivation, but i need support from anyone who can help to achieve my goal which is 140lbs. With this weight i lost myself from whichever coner you look at it.. I want that girl to back inside me, to feel and look good, and being discusted to myself how i look and feel.. This time around i want to do it, not only with the help from my mother and my sister in low, but from the friends of myfitnesspal.. I read some of the posts, I can tell you guys are great support and you guys rock...
  • FitGeekery
    Options
    nursecat1 wrote: »
    You are just like me. My "backsliding" has just scared me to death!!! I am learning to control inflammation conditions with what I eat. I am cutting out milk,and red meat, and bread. My arthritis has improved, BUT, I still can't lose wt. Sooooo discouraged. Decided to sign up with MFP. Help me!!

Don't be scared of backsliding! Weight loss isn't a straight line, just because you veer a bit doesn't mean you can't figure your way back. It's going to happen, it's not going to be easy and that's okay. If it was easy it wouldn't be so worth it in the end :)

My best suggestion is to start slow, make little changes, things you can learn to sustain for life. Consistency is the biggest help in losing weight. Next, log all your food as accurately as possible; the good, the bad, the excessive. It helps give you a window into your own habits, just take it all as lessons to do better for yourself, cause you're worth taking care of and the only person who can truly do it is YOU.
    Feel free to add me as well. My BFF and I are on a mission. We can all do if.

I'll definitely add you! I fully agree, if you can see the success you can achieve it with hard work and patience ;)
    You can add me too! :D
    I am 5"8 and weight the most I ever have, 245. My goal is 170. I would like some support too! Thanks and good luck!!!!!

If you want the support you've got it :D I started a couple years ago and I didn't start too far from where you were (225lbs, and I'm shorter than you too >.>). If I could manage to lose back then, you absolutely can now. Just remember you're the only one who can get you where you wanna go, and you are both capable of it and WORTH the effort!
    dawn483 wrote: »
    My short term goals started out as doing a walk with my aunt. Well I started looking online and found a few more that rewarded you after the run with some bottles of local wine. The one I am really looking for to supports a charity that publishes books my daughter loves to read and I get a bottle of sangria at the end. Lol. I really want to do a color run next year

Omg that's such a good incentive, going for a walk and supporting charity and getting wine! I love that idea, mmm sangria. I've heard of color runs before, they definitely seem like fine, I'll have to see if they do anything like that around here :D
    mersiha26 wrote: »
    Hi guys... I have been strugling with the weight since i got married. After that day, everything was going down the hill.. When i was pregnant with my son back in 2009/2010, gain about 20lbs, but some how i manged to bring it down to 180lbs. Back in 2013 i find out i have hypothroidism( under active thyroid) with that my weight went up to 195. Doctor put me on meds, then i got pregnant with my daugther in the end of 2013 through 2014 and gain another 16lbs. After i had my daugther i tried losing weight, but whatever i do, the weight won't come off.. i know the group is for nutrision and motivation, but i need support from anyone who can help to achieve my goal which is 140lbs. With this weight i lost myself from whichever coner you look at it.. I want that girl to back inside me, to feel and look good, and being discusted to myself how i look and feel.. This time around i want to do it, not only with the help from my mother and my sister in low, but from the friends of myfitnesspal.. I read some of the posts, I can tell you guys are great support and you guys rock...

MFP has turned out to not just be a tool that helps with weight loss, but such a good place for support as well, seriously grateful for this place <3 The people who've shown up to this thread are awesome, so many encouraging people who are in the same boat, still can't get over how many people have turned out.

And honestly the girl inside you is STILL there, stop beating yourself up and starting digging in to find her :) Being kinder to yourself and being YOUR first and best support seemed to be the biggest difference in my most recent weight loss. Your body is what it is, but one thing it's NOT is disgusting. It's worth taking care of, so start taking care of yourself! You're worth having energy and feeling good, inside and out. Weight loss is just as much (if not more) mental than physical. Weird to think maybe, but I swear it's true!

• caitlinbrianne0817
    caitlinbrianne0817 Posts: 36 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    I could use some friends on here for support! I just started a few days ago and am afraid I'll lose motivation! My current weight is around 221 at 5'4" and I would like to get down to 145-150. I suck at dieting cause I love food lol idk how to add people so anyone feel free to add me! :)
  • FitGeekery
    Options
    I could use some friends on here for support! I just started a few days ago and am afraid I'll lose motivation! My current weight is around 221 at 5'4" and I would like to get down to 145-150. I suck at dieting cause I love food lol idk how to add people so anyone feel free to add me! :)

Tbh my motivation comes and goes in cycles, gotta find reasons to keep going even when the fire dwindles out ;) Easiest way to start is to not think of it as a diet! It often infers something temporary (and weight loss frequently reflects that hehe). Maybe try seeing this as a lifestyle change, something that will become permanent and sustainable for the rest of your life. Get off the dieting rollercoaster! haha

I'm a big foodie as well and I won't ever eat something I don't like, but there are so many different resources for tasty and healthy recipes, healthy substitutes and good recommendations when eating out or getting pre-packaged foods at the grocery store (depending on if you cook or not). Use that as a jumping off point to become inspired and create food menus that are both healthy AND things that excite you. Doesn't mean you can't have a cookie or cake or fries ever again. Just a matter of balancing it out really.

TLDR; there's a ton of resources and support available here, no excuses, you can do it ;)
  • wlc92
    wlc92 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You can add me
  • FitGeekery
    Options
    Awesome, will do! Can never have too much support on this journey imo :D
  • srcantgiveup
    srcantgiveup Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    You can add me. I am starting again

• kristyntj
    kristyntj Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Add me!! I am looking for people who can help keep me motivated too. I have been a yo-yo dieter for the last 13/14 years and I am so done with it! I am trying to lose 70lbs., and since 01/02/15 I have lost 10.4 lbs. 60 more to go!!!! I am seeing and feeling it can be done. Honestly, I am not restricting anything from my diet, just learning to eat everything in moderation and plan my meals out so that I can splurge on a yummy dessert. My son and I walk every night for 45-60 minutes; and by the end of this year, we will be running/jogging 5ks. Goals, goals, goals...its our theme for 2015 lol.
  • amandajean0812
    amandajean0812 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me! I would love more support and to support others as well. I've lost almost 15 pounds. I have about 90 more lbs to lose.
  • FitGeekery
    Options
    @srcantgiveup‌ Will do, the more the merrier :)

@kristyntj‌ I totally understand the frustrations of the weight loss rollercoaster. It's not an easy road to go on, if it were we wouldn't be here hehe And grats on your loss so far! I honestly think are some of the best keys to sustainability: planning, moderation and portion control. You should still be able to enjoy life and your food, so throwing treats or higher cal foods here and there shouldn't be a big deal, it's just about finding balance :D And having goals big and small are awesome! It's really cool that your son is taking part in this journey with you, any and all support helps so much with huge lifestyle changes like this :)

@amandajean0812‌ Grats on your loss as well! That's 15 lbs closer to your goal and I've also thrown a FR your way ;)