Matt Smith to leave Dr Who

Options

Replies

• What316
    What316 Posts: 563
    Options
    Not a woman under Moffat he's bad enough with making gay people look stupit he'd ruin a woman doctor
  • tskitzoid
    tskitzoid Posts: 51
    Options
    Read on a a forum today that it's an actor called Peter Stray. He is a British actor who has been in some US stuff from what I can see on Google. Fits the bill for the Dr.

He's not a ginger, it can't be him! It'll disappoint everyone who's been watching The Doctor say he wants to be a ginger! D:<
  • tskitzoid
    Options

She changed her appearance very frequently, but now I am questioning whether they were full regens. That being said, I am certain the master worked around the 12 limit.

Well, The Master is a dirty hoarbag, so he can go suck it >3> lol

I like you.

Haha thanks :)
  • seamatt
    seamatt Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    LOL I don't know as just spoke to my wife and she heard the same from her friend. We are in Wales and often here whispers about stuff being filmed locally. May use my winnings in my Ladbrokes account on it :)
  • What316
    Options
    I think the male lead in the Americans would make a great doctor as well
  • samsara18
    samsara18 Posts: 40
    Options
    I agree with the other poster. It took me a long time (and lots of anger) to accept Matt after David. I would prefer David back but that's not going to happen :sad:

So agree with this. It's hard to accept a new actor. After Christopher Eccleston (who managed to bring Dr Who back from the humdrum) didn't think anyone could hold a candle to him....and then in walked David Tennant :wink: Perhaps Philip Glenister (life on mars) could make a good older, grittier Dr Who along with someone like Anna Friel as his assistant to keep him in line!
  • What316
    Options
    David and billie piper are back for the 50 year anniversary in nov but he's not back for good also think Paul McCann is back for it good to see him getting a bit more time as the doctor
  • hungryhobbit1
    hungryhobbit1 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Sadly, since Matt is leaving this means that the next Doctor will also be the last one. A Time Lord can only regenerate twelve times and since Matt was the 11th regeneration, the next one means Final Doctor. Also, the next one HAS to be a ginger, The Doctor wants to be a ginger, they at least have to grant him his wish on his last regeneration.

They are going to retcon the regen limit, mark my words. The BBC isn't going to let go of its most popular show.

I can see them doing some creative workaround. I need to leave this thread now.

They already have created a work around. Don't you remember? River Song gave him her remaining regenerations. Also, on the subject of the Doctor's skin color, River has had at least one regeneration where she was a person of color. I don't see why that would be a big deal at all, but I do agree that making him female would change his essential character too much.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    maybe it WILL be John Hurt???
  • What316
    Options
    Nah he wouldn't stay for whole season
  • robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Jim Parsons! Well maybe not; but it would make for a hilarilous parody.
  • pjwarre
    pjwarre Posts: 15
    Options
    I told my sister about that, she already knew, but it made her cry any way.
  • MisterDerpington
    MisterDerpington Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    POR QUE?! I really loved Tenant, and Matt Smith took some time for me to adjust to, but he grew on me.
  • robdel302
    robdel302 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    POR QUE?! I really loved Tenant, and Matt Smith took some time for me to adjust to, but he grew on me.

Each iteration have their own appeal. But the next guy has some real big shoes to fill. Fortunately the writers seems to know what they're doing. But all of us will have to adjust all over again.
  • ireloyd
    ireloyd Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Devo matt is going :'(
  • wheresheidi
    wheresheidi Posts: 213
    Options
    Nooooooo! Matt Smith is the reason I started watching Dr. Who again. Tom Baker will always be my favorite since he was my first Dr. Hope the next one is a ginger too. But not a female.
  • seventwenty
    seventwenty Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
  • tskitzoid
    Options
    They already have created a work around. Don't you remember? River Song gave him her remaining regenerations. Also, on the subject of the Doctor's skin color, River has had at least one regeneration where she was a person of color. I don't see why that would be a big deal at all, but I do agree that making him female would change his essential character too much.

To be fair, River Song isn't of the Time People. She's not a Time Lady so there's bound to be work arounds with her.
  • ScottyNoHotty
    ScottyNoHotty Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    Rule #1...The Doctor Lies!!!

I think they need to bring in someone like Ecceleston again, an angry, vengeful Doctor, with maybe a dash of Sylvester McCoy.
  • THE_DOCTORSWIFE
    THE_DOCTORSWIFE Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Not sure if this is annoying anyone else!

He is The Doctor not Dr Who

The show is Doctor Who not Dr Who

rant over

PS: Love Matt Smith but I trust the show runners to make a good decision on who will be the next Doctor. They haven't failed us yet.