Calorie Counter

You are currently viewing the message boards in:

Why did you come to the conclusion to lose weight?

1697071727375»

Replies

• msal135msal135 Posts: 1Member, Premium Member Posts: 1Member, Premium Member
    Tired of clothes not fitting and shopping for new clothes instead of enjoying life. 😳
  • coffeerose55coffeerose55 Posts: 19Member Member Posts: 19Member Member
    I hated that phrase MORBIDLY OBESE. Postmenopausal issues. I wanted to walk and not be short of breathe
  • vishalmukta7vishalmukta7 Posts: 3Member, Premium Member Posts: 3Member, Premium Member
  • vishalmukta7vishalmukta7 Posts: 3Member, Premium Member Posts: 3Member, Premium Member
    I want to look good in my clothes and feel confident n enjoy life
  • mkculs13mkculs13 Posts: 213Member Member Posts: 213Member Member
    My current clothes are starting to fall apart and I refuse to buy anymore "fat clothes." I want to be able to jog, walk, and hike when I'm 80, 85, 90. I want my kids to have my love and guidance for another 30 years. I want to travel. I want to take my dogs to the dog park for miles of walking together. I don't want to sweat so much.
  • mehshell420mehshell420 Posts: 19Member Member Posts: 19Member Member
    Once I started getting comfortable at the gym something just clicked. I enjoyed the way I was feeling and happy with my progress. With medical conditions in family history, I wanted to continue getting healthy to lessen the chances of it happening to me. Being only 30 I wanted to start my fitness/ health journey now, so I hopefully don't have to worry about things in the future.
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 513Member Member Posts: 513Member Member
    I've always been a little bit bigger, but once I got free of my ex-husband who hoarded and was a binge eater, I went to the doctor in an effort to take control of my neglected health, and found I weighed 296. That was Not Okay. But since I'm with two people who love me and support my weight loss, and I have MFP, I can do it. I had that appointment January 2, 2020. By this date I've lost 25 pounds, two pant sizes, and one shirt size. My orthopedic issues after a car accident in my twenties had always kept me from weight-bearing exercise, but with just this much weight off I have about double the ability to stand and walk, and now I'm busy and active and happy. I've discovered a love for weightlifting, and a desire to be what's under the fat; a big strong woman with pinup curves. I will probably need surgery to deal with the loose skin on the front; I am short-torsoed and had three large babies, and my abs and skin have not recovered. But I have a burning desire to stop looking six months pregnant, to be able to get through the day without a nap, and be 100 pounds less by this time next year.
  • TarryTaffyTwoTarryTaffyTwo Posts: 284Member Member Posts: 284Member Member
    I don't have a lot to lose, but even 10-lbs makes an uncomfortable difference cuz fat settles in my stomach & waist. One day, when it became tough to polish my toe nails cuz my stomach was in the way & I couldn't pull up my knees, I stopped putting it off.

I also have a closet full of cute summer clothing & I can fit into some if I don't mind my stomach poking out & most button down shirts I can't wear cuz I can't button up.

So, I began. So far, so good. Just keep moving forward.
  • ilaufamilaufam Posts: 1Member, Premium Member Posts: 1Member, Premium Member
    I'm constantly angry and unhappy with myself ... and I'm tired of feeling that way.
    I want to feel pretty and confident like i used to:)
  • kimondo666kimondo666 Posts: 185Member Member Posts: 185Member Member
    when had problem getting in the bathtub.
  • saynow111saynow111 Posts: 46Member Member Posts: 46Member Member
    It is all about disease I already taking medication for mental illness I don't take any more medication
    Either it is diabetes or high blood pressure
    Or even premature death 😢😢😢becoz of obesity
    The reason is not easy to explain right ?