Over 50 Women's Club

Options
Any women nearing or over the age of 50 are cordially invited to join the Over 50 Women's Club for support, fun and laughter. The group is private so you must be invited or ask to be invited.

Replies

• soccermom004
    soccermom004 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I turned 50 in September. I started on this site about 4 years ago and went from 160 to 120. Felt the best I had in years. Then I ended up in a terrible divorce after 22 years and lost more due to stress. Over the last year or so I managed to put all but 10 back on so here I am. I know when you stick to good eating within your calorie range and get moving you will lose. I also know I'm capable of keeping it off. Would love to join your group.
  • CarolPre
    CarolPre Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I'll be 56 next and would also love to join.
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Would love to join, I'm just starting to get comfortable to post.
  • BooBooChloe
    BooBooChloe Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I turned 50 last July. I am new to this service and ready to put my fat in the past. I have to lose 130 pounds. I have lost 6 since Christmas. I would like to be invited.
  • Pinkertoes55
    Pinkertoes55 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    58 and would like to join. I have never posted much anywhere. Walking & trying to loose.
  • bjdavidson964
    bjdavidson964 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Would love to join. I turned 50 this past year. I'm 5'1" and weigh 190 lbs. Would like to get down to 140 and see how I feel from there. It's sooooo hard getting the weight to come off ... especially when your knees hurt after every workout which makes you 'not' get excited about exercise! I make myself do it though and hobble on.
  • FishyK
    FishyK Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Please invite me as well.
  • geminirl
    geminirl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello I would like to join you group. I am 58 and could use the motivation AND humor
  • janetduvall
    Options
    Humor is always good. ...and babies she is just a number! let's all get healthy and feel even younger
  • VickiMitkins
    VickiMitkins Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I am 51 and woul like to join the group. Thanks
  • BadgerLamb236
    BadgerLamb236 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    Would love to join too.
  • Lawngirl296
    Lawngirl296 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I'm close to 54 and would love to join, menopause is killing my weight loss efforts, or so it seems :-)
  • mk2fit
    mk2fit Posts: 730 Member
    Options
    I would love to join as well. Am 56 yrs. old and tomorrow is 90 days here, praying/hoping for a -20lb weigh in!
  • marsha0912
    Options
    I would like to join. I'll be 55 in 3 weeks. I've always battled with my weight. And it is a source of frustration for me that I cannot slay this dragon. I am looking at an initial goal of 175 which is what I weighed when I met my husband 37 years ago! I've lost 6 pounds in 8 days, 25 more to go!
  • 2ledbetter
    2ledbetter Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Your so close, that's great !
  • lilmomma63
    Options
    Hello
  • sheehans767
    sheehans767 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Any women nearing or over the age of 50 are cordially invited to join the Over 50 Women's Club for support, fun and laughter. The group is private so you must be invited or ask to be invited.

• 135by60
    135by60 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I just joined myfitnesspal a few days ago. As my username says, I want to get down to 125 lbs by my 51st birthday in mid-June. I'm currently 150 lbs.

I was the woman everyone hated because I could eat anything and was still skinny. I spent my teen years being ridiculed for being a scrawny stick. I had body issues because I was late to develop and had no figure to speak of. I was called a 'pirate's treasure' (sunken chest) and a 'carpenter's dream' (flat as a 2 x 4) throughout junior high and high school. I was maybe 98 lbs soaking wet and could not gain weight for the life of me. So in addition to being ridiculed by boys, I was despised and snarked on by girls. It's hurtful and insensitive to make disparaging remarks about a woman's weight. Unless she is underweight. Then it's totes okay to be demeaning, derogatory and cruel. All skinny girls are *kitten* who deserve it apparently.

After I had my kids in my mid-twenties, I was finally able to put some weight on and keep it on. I spent some good years feeling pretty decent about myself (still got nasty remarks from women though. Seriously ladies. Stop doing this to each other.) I got to a weight I liked and managed to stay within a few pounds of that for about 10 years. Then I quit smoking. Gained probably 50 lbs in about 8 or 9 months. I tried not to worry about it as not smoking was my main goal and I figured once I had that under control, the weight would follow. Took about 3 years or so for my weight to settle back at around 125 - 130. And there it stayed for a few years.

Then I hit menopause. Ugh. Those 10 lbs I put on every winter stopped coming off every summer. I'd put on 10 and lose 7. Every year. Then this past summer, I quit my full-time fairly active job to go back to college and work a part-time sedentary job. Yeah. I'm 50 years old and I gained the freshman 15. Which is hilarious because I couldn't gain that freshman 15 for the life of me when I was 18!

Anyway, yadda yadda yadda, that's my story. I would really like to get down to 125lbs and see how I feel. I would consider going down to 120lbs (I'm 5' 5") but I don't want to torture myself or suck all the fun out of my life over a number. When I quit smoking and started packing the pounds on, I felt the best between 125 - 132. I noticed after that, that I could feel the strain on my hips and knees and feet. I have rheumatoid arthritis which is under control-ish and I'd like to keep it that way for as long as possible. The extra weight is hard on my joints.

My biggest obstacle right now is probably self-pity. In addition to the arthritis, I have a migraine condition that is pretty debilitating. I'm hospitalized every 6 - 8 weeks because of it. I've tried everything under the sun and every medication known to man to control it. I gave up all kinds of foods and beverages so it's starting to feel like my life is basically crackers and water followed by a strict bedtime. Snore. And now I'll give up half the portions of what little foods I can eat. Go me! Good times, good times. So yeah. I end up feeling pretty pissy about the whole thing. Then I have to remind myself of all the other people in the world and how incredibly lucky I am to have this 1300 calories a day. All those years of my dad telling me about the starving children of the world is finally paying off!
  • latinababe1574
    latinababe1574 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 56, need daily motivation and support. Would love to join.
  • Naughty_ZOOT
    Naughty_ZOOT Posts: 4,312 Member
    Options
    Sending invites this morning to everyone! Glad to have all of you!
    Here is where to find your invitations:

Go to "Community" and look for the little bell icon in the upper right of the white screen field. Click it and you should see your invitation to the group there. There is currently a site glitch that is causing slow downs and problems with the process as a result of last fall's update. Hopefully they will work things out soon. Welcome to the group!

Zooty :flowerforyou: