Over 50 Women's Club

Options

Replies

• Lynette4321
    Lynette4321 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm 51 and I need to lose a butt load of weight (pun intended). I haven't hit menopause yet so that is scary. I hit 328 lbs before starting here. My knees started to hurt and that scared me into action. I've lost 12 lbs so far. I would like to join this group as well.
  • debmuel
    debmuel Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'll be 52 in 19 days. Not that I'm counting. Would love to join a group of women that will never be 19 again (except in my mind). :D
  • Naughty_ZOOT
    Naughty_ZOOT Posts: 4,312 Member
    Options
    Welcome Lynette and debmuel, invites being sent now!
  • bgoddess2003
    bgoddess2003 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group ladies...debmuel & Lynette
  • rcirci2
    rcirci2 Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I'm 52, new to MFP and new to joining groups in general. I'm switching over from weight watchers where I sat quietly in the corner. I'm looking for more help and motivation. I'd like to join in this group and be active in getting and providing motivation and help. I'd like to lose 25 lbs.
  • Pinklady_61
    Pinklady_61 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! I will soon be 54 and would love to join your group, please :) I need all the motivation and help that I can get. Thanks!
  • marybeezo
    marybeezo Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hi all; I'm turning 50 in Nov and hoping to lose 30 lbs. Would love to join the group!
  • erinden
    erinden Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi, I will turn 55 in March. I would like to join this group. The las 4 years I have yo yo'd up and down 35 pounds. It's really frustrating and I need to lose 25 pounds. I never had a weight problem before menopause and was an advid exerciser. Now I have arthritis in my knees and spine so biking has replaced aerobics. I need motivation to create and stick to my daily calories and make biking at the gym a priority.
  • bgoddess2003
    Options
    Hi Marybeezo you are in one of my other groups as well and friends, and you will lose your 30lbs because I have seen you posting your progress.
    Pinklady I'm not sure if I have spoken with you before but if not welcome as well as erinden
  • donnatoo61
    donnatoo61 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just turned 54 and need support to reach and maintain my fitness goals. May I join?
  • Naughty_ZOOT
    Naughty_ZOOT Posts: 4,312 Member
    edited February 2015
    Options
    Hi ladies!
    Invitations are on the way!
    Click COMMUNITY the the little BELL ICON in the white field (towards the upper right).

Just a side note for everyone: this is not actually the group; this is just a forum post on MFP. The Over 50 Women's Club is a private group and you will locate it under the GROUPS tab in the second blue band at the top of the page after you have joined. Please jump right on in and join our great group of ladies!
    Zooty, Admin.
  • pattymayo2014
    pattymayo2014 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm 55 and would like to join. Started eating high fat, low carb, clean eating last July and love the journey! Have lost about 20 pounds and feel really good!
  • charliegd1
    Options
    I am 61 and want to lose 50 pounds. Doing this alone is hard. My husband just started but it doesn't seem to help me. I can't seem to get motivate to exercise. Help!
  • bgoddess2003
    Options
    Charlies I understand what your talking about I have found it very hard myself but have started doing a walk video and I don't get to do it that b often but I have to say I am feeling better.
    Remember with or without your husband support you are doing this for you.
    We are all in the same age brackets we understand not moving, lol. It's a day that you are here with us, so let's get moving..... (*) :)
  • alittlebitsassier
    Options
    Good morning everyone, I'm Mary and I'm 55. I moved from Buffalo,NY to Las Vegas last July. Living in western NY it was easy to hide under layers of clothes, but i can't do that out here, it's too hot. I love to golf, hate to run. My goal is to build muscle, and if weightloss happens that would be fantastic. What I'm looking for is help staying motivated and accountable. I have terrible self control when it comes to exercise. I eat healthy and always drink at least half my body weight in water daily. I miss my girlfriend who always kept me in line.
  • pbalentine2014
    pbalentine2014 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 57 and ready to shed some serious pounds. I've lost 24 lbs since December but have about 75 to go. I would love to join this group!
  • brendapanter
    brendapanter Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I am 61 and have just started using MFP with encouragement from my daughter and am loving it, woulld love to join group too
  • LJL162
    LJL162 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 and would love to join your group :)
  • myweigh8
    myweigh8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    54 here. First post on the site, been 'here' for just a little over 100 days. Would love to join this group. Been exercising and eating more healthily for about a year. I was STUCK, then I joined MFP and got a Fitbit. Loss has been slow but steady!

Thanks for starting this!
  • donnasone1
    donnasone1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am Donna from Australia 51 and just starting out with 80-100 lbs to lose. Can I please join the group?