New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,614 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I just tried the Larry and Lenny white chocolate macadamia nut cookie that I've see y'all rave about on here, and it smelled/tasted like Play Doh... :neutral:

On the other hand, the Quest Beyond Cereal cinnamon roll was delicious!

Really? I like Lenny and Larry... but I admit it's just not the same as a real cookie (although the double chocolate peanut butter ones though, man...).

I like all the Quest Beyond cereal bars honestly and I've been having one a day. Just awesome for the calories and macros!

I love the peanut butter and chocolate cereal bar (they didn't release that for some reason) and the waffle. I held off on the chocolate because I don't normally like their chocolate based protein bars but I hear it's oreoish so....have you tried it and what did you think?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    David_2015 wrote: »
    Finally had a chance to try these two, I've been dying for them!
    Carrot Cake Creation Chobani Flip: I normally don't eat Chobani flips so I wasn't crazy about it (I don't like chobani's yogurt as much as Dannon Light & Fit's) but it was definitely a lot better than some others I've tried and was very enjoyable! Didn't satisfy my carrot cake craving, but it did as good of job as I would expect any yogurt to and I can see why people are crazy about this. Me personally, I don't like mix ins and would've been happy with carrot cake flavored yogurt and that's it. Also, anything more than 100-120 calories is too much for yogurt in my opinion so this being 200 calories is kind of a deal breaker for me to get it again. Still, it was good and I'm curious about their cinnamon version if I ever see it!
    Califia Nitro Brew Coffee: Oh my goodness. I wasn't crazy about it because I would've enjoyed it more with regular milk instead of nut milk (I've always thought their milk alternatives tasted off), but I love the concept and feel they mastered its execution! I really hope other companies copy them, this was very smooth, creamy, and everything I would imagine a Nitro cold brew should be! My only complaint is that I got the mocha flavor, which kind of tasted like chocolate milk to be honest, very hard to taste the coffee at all. I'll definitely try the plain latte version next time I get it. However, Nitro cold brews usually cost more and this bottle was no exception (cost $4.99) so I probably won't get it unless it's on sale or I have a coupon. Also, it has a bottle cap so don't leave your house expecting to just open this and drink it. You'll need a bottle opener! It suggested serving with a "rigorous pour" so I turned it upside down and poured it into a glass, not sure how it is straight from the bottle. Definitely worth trying though, especially if coffee isn't normally your thing!
    8zuhk5rfuk0d.jpg

OOooo carrot cake! Love carrot cake flavored products... If only they had a carrot cake flavor ice cream. Hey, not a bad idea!

We do here in the UK!

6dkjwhr2c0ln.jpg
    I want this and carrot cake Oreos.

Carrot cake Quest bar would be good too. With white chocolate coating. Hmm.

I didn't realize until I read all these delicious posts how great carrot cake flavored things could be and what a giant gap in the market exists for them! Look what you've started!
    Seriously though. @CooCooPuff you're a genius with that carrot cake oreo idea. My family has an ice cream machine and since I was little we'd use double stuffed oreos to make quite possibly the most delicious homemade ice cream ever. If there were carrot cake oreos I would run out immediately and make it into ice cream!

CARROT CAKE EVERYTHING! Screw pumpkin spice.

OMG CARROT CAKE OREOS YESSSSS WHY IS THIS NOT A THING YET AND CARROT CAKE QUEST OMG . CARROT CAKE is my favorite cake but only the real decadent dense kind with homemade real cream cheese frosting but oh the calories ....
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »
    I don't know where you guys shop but I just got back from Kroger and wanted to share that Thomas' bagels are buy one get one free. So I got the pizza bagels (haven't tried them yet.) They also had plenty of the cake flavored mini bagels too.
    They also had the Keebler fudge stripes Cinnabon flavored cookies. Not on sale.
    Also all the Fage and Fage Flips are on sale for $1. That is a REALLY good price for Fage. They had the coconut/chocolate drop flip but no new other flavors.
    I of course got my beloved Salted Caramel Little Debbie's.
    Just wanted to share in case it interests anyone.
    Happy MFPing and carrot cake ice cream making!

No Krogers around me in Maryland Dx </3 that's awesome though!
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    These things are delicious and whole grain. I eat with a schmear of hummus or almond butter. The bomb. cgjnj88cc9tb.jpg

Ditto! I load mine up with veggies, mayo and turkey for lunch at work. I recently bought thisackby2o7c1fp.jpeg

I can only eat half of one at a time though, by the time I put everything in, it's huge!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    nowine4me wrote: »
    These things are delicious and whole grain. I eat with a schmear of hummus or almond butter. The bomb. cgjnj88cc9tb.jpg

Been making breakfast and chicken sandwiches with them. I like them better than the other types.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    And honestly, I suck at trying to make carrot cakes.
  • hgycta
    Options
    The coconut cream pie toffee from SweetBricks is incredibly sweet and thicker, it doesn't remind me of toffee but it's darn amazing! My second favorite from what I've tried is easily their cookie & cream, definitely tastes like an Oreo but also keeps its sense of toffee in that it's crunchier; 5/5 for this flavor, too! The peanut butter smores also rated very good, when I order from them again I'm definitely getting that one too! Honestly this is some of the most impressive toffee I've ever had!
    aidegb8vcn2i.jpg
  • glassyo
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »
    I don't know where you guys shop but I just got back from Kroger and wanted to share that Thomas' bagels are buy one get one free. So I got the pizza bagels (haven't tried them yet.) They also had plenty of the cake flavored mini bagels too.
    They also had the Keebler fudge stripes Cinnabon flavored cookies. Not on sale.
    Also all the Fage and Fage Flips are on sale for $1. That is a REALLY good price for Fage. They had the coconut/chocolate drop flip but no new other flavors.
    I of course got my beloved Salted Caramel Little Debbie's.
    Just wanted to share in case it interests anyone.
    Happy MFPing and carrot cake ice cream making!

No Krogers around me in Maryland Dx </3 that's awesome though!

I stopped in at my Ralphs/Krogers during my lunchtime walk and they had the Cinnabon cookies (on sale for $1,88 btw) but not the pretty bagels so I bought nothing. I'm going to try the Ralphs/Krogers on my evening walk closer to my apt to see what they have.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I just tried the Larry and Lenny white chocolate macadamia nut cookie that I've see y'all rave about on here, and it smelled/tasted like Play Doh... :neutral:

Really? I like Lenny and Larry... but I admit it's just not the same as a real cookie (although the double chocolate peanut butter ones though, man...).

I like all the Quest Beyond cereal bars honestly and I've been having one a day. Just awesome for the calories and macros!

I love the peanut butter and chocolate cereal bar (they didn't release that for some reason) and the waffle. I held off on the chocolate because I don't normally like their chocolate based protein bars but I hear it's oreoish so....have you tried it and what did you think?

I LOVED the chocolate. It tasted exactly like the cookie part of an oreo and reminded me of that oreo cereal they used to make. I think I actually liked it better than waffle and cinnamon roll because they were a little too sweet for me.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    27ngwh6v0k5r.png

Speaking of Clif Bars... Anyone try this flavor?

Haven't seen in stores but I am intrigued. I love banana and peanut butter
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    CooCooPuff wrote: »
    David_2015 wrote: »
    Finally had a chance to try these two, I've been dying for them!
    Carrot Cake Creation Chobani Flip: I normally don't eat Chobani flips so I wasn't crazy about it (I don't like chobani's yogurt as much as Dannon Light & Fit's) but it was definitely a lot better than some others I've tried and was very enjoyable! Didn't satisfy my carrot cake craving, but it did as good of job as I would expect any yogurt to and I can see why people are crazy about this. Me personally, I don't like mix ins and would've been happy with carrot cake flavored yogurt and that's it. Also, anything more than 100-120 calories is too much for yogurt in my opinion so this being 200 calories is kind of a deal breaker for me to get it again. Still, it was good and I'm curious about their cinnamon version if I ever see it!
    Califia Nitro Brew Coffee: Oh my goodness. I wasn't crazy about it because I would've enjoyed it more with regular milk instead of nut milk (I've always thought their milk alternatives tasted off), but I love the concept and feel they mastered its execution! I really hope other companies copy them, this was very smooth, creamy, and everything I would imagine a Nitro cold brew should be! My only complaint is that I got the mocha flavor, which kind of tasted like chocolate milk to be honest, very hard to taste the coffee at all. I'll definitely try the plain latte version next time I get it. However, Nitro cold brews usually cost more and this bottle was no exception (cost $4.99) so I probably won't get it unless it's on sale or I have a coupon. Also, it has a bottle cap so don't leave your house expecting to just open this and drink it. You'll need a bottle opener! It suggested serving with a "rigorous pour" so I turned it upside down and poured it into a glass, not sure how it is straight from the bottle. Definitely worth trying though, especially if coffee isn't normally your thing!
    8zuhk5rfuk0d.jpg

OOooo carrot cake! Love carrot cake flavored products... If only they had a carrot cake flavor ice cream. Hey, not a bad idea!

We do here in the UK!

6dkjwhr2c0ln.jpg
    I want this and carrot cake Oreos.

Carrot cake Quest bar would be good too. With white chocolate coating. Hmm.

I didn't realize until I read all these delicious posts how great carrot cake flavored things could be and what a giant gap in the market exists for them! Look what you've started!
    Seriously though. @CooCooPuff you're a genius with that carrot cake oreo idea. My family has an ice cream machine and since I was little we'd use double stuffed oreos to make quite possibly the most delicious homemade ice cream ever. If there were carrot cake oreos I would run out immediately and make it into ice cream!

CARROT CAKE EVERYTHING! Screw pumpkin spice.

I hate to turn this into a meme forum so pardon me but as a lover of pumpkin spice....
    cqzg5ar68zag.jpeg
    Carrot cake is tasty but the calories just don't work out for me, lol.

Me neither, I always found it too hard to work both carrot cake and pecan pie into my diary (not a lot of wiggle room with 1,600 calories a day for maintenance). That's why carrot cake flavored products are needed (especially Halo Top)!

Carrot Cake Clif Bars are pretty good for 250 calories or so.

Edit: Just check the Clif bar site and they don't make it anymore :( They used to have a really good apricot flavor too! Bummer. I did find this though

gn7yur0jllrf.jpg

These are disgusting 1/10 do not try! The carrot cake clif bar was pretty good. I miss the carrot cake luna bar they used to make that was pretty good.
  • hgycta
    edited February 2017
    Options

I LOVED the chocolate. It tasted exactly like the cookie part of an oreo and reminded me of that oreo cereal they used to make. I think I actually liked it better than waffle and cinnamon roll because they were a little too sweet for me.

My two favorites are the cinnamon roll (I LOVE sweets) and the chocolate! The cereal bar is a lot different than their regular protein bars you should definitely give it a chance! I second that it reminds me of Oreos a lot, too! Heat it in the microwave for about 10 seconds and I swear it tastes a little like a deep fried oreo ;) not that I would know what that tastes like, of course, psht >~>
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Ever since the hot cocoa Chips Ahoy, I've taken to microwaving just about every packaged cookie. The Larry and lenny peanut butter chocolate swirl was divine after 15 seconds.

I still need to microwave the cinnamon donut Chips Ahoy I picked up...
  • glassyo
    Options

My two favorites are the cinnamon roll (I LOVE sweets) and the chocolate! The cereal bar is a lot different than their regular protein bars you should definitely give it a chance! I second that it reminds me of Oreos a lot, too! Heat it in the microwave for about 10 seconds and I swear it tastes a little like a deep fried oreo ;) not that I would know what that tastes like, of course, psht >~>

Ok, good enough for me! The next time quest has free shipping or I break down and not care or need to buy something from somewhere else, those are on the list. :)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options

Ok, good enough for me! The next time quest has free shipping or I break down and not care or need to buy something from somewhere else, those are on the list. :)

I got my 3 boxes with random coupons and codes. I don't like Quest anymore but those are really nice.
    jroth261 wrote: »
    scrumdiddlyumptious

i27zhvrawkhm.jpeg

I love that one!

I haven't tried anything new here but I have the Keebler cinnamon rolls in my cupboard.