New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    FLJ-00515-3.jpg

Dry, artificial... Bleh.

Good to know. I've looked at those in the store before to keep in my dorm. Will probably steer clear or try kodiak cakes brand instead
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Limited-Edition-Pop-Secret-Popfetti.jpg?resize=640%2C438 this looks good but I bet it would be better if it was kettle corn and popped up to taste like bday cake lol. I am not a fan of prepopped pop corn I prefer fresh so that would be a cool flavor for fresh popped.
    17361515_1872200086397831_857283762606691943_n.jpg?oh=3b14afc450636df1f0a43cfd01e6bfb6&oe=59C2BEAF
    Someone bought a box of the new chocolate twinkies. I have only had a twinkie a few times in my life, never been a huge fan but these were really good. Very strong cocoa flavor. I envisioned this tasting like a hoho but it had a distinct cocoa favor much different than hohos.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    FLJ-00515-3.jpg

Dry, artificial... Bleh.

How do the probiotics survive the microwave? Are they soil-based or something?
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    FLJ-00515-3.jpg

Dry, artificial... Bleh.

I don't find them artificial, but for dryness, I found that there's a sweet spot that gets the muffins just right. I personally eyeball the correct amount of water; the 1/4 cup water recommendation ALWAYS results in a dry muffin for me. I add in water until I get a consistency somewhat thinner than that of pancake mix. Doing this adds volume and moisture. However, If I add too much water, the flavor gets lost. I've used many different microwaves for these muffins, and I watch carefully to see when the muffin is complete. I might stir the mix every 10 seconds or so to get an even consistency since some parts do cook faster than others. When the muffin is still somewhat wet, I pull it out of the microwave and it quickly finishes setting on its own. Even 5 seconds too long will result in a dry muffin.
    It's all about trial and error.
    Yeah, it seems like a hassle to get the muffin right, but after having so many, it doesn't feel like a chore at all, and the tasty muffin is worth it.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    katadx wrote: »
    FLJ-00515-3.jpg

Dry, artificial... Bleh.

Good to know. I've looked at those in the store before to keep in my dorm. Will probably steer clear or try kodiak cakes brand instead

For the calories, I should just have made some Kodiak cake chocolate pancakes!
    neldabg wrote: »
    FLJ-00515-3.jpg

Dry, artificial... Bleh.

I don't find them artificial, but for dryness, I found that there's a sweet spot that gets the muffins just right. I personally eyeball the correct amount of water; the 1/4 cup water recommendation ALWAYS results in a dry muffin for me. I add in water until I get a consistency somewhat thinner than that of pancake mix. Doing this adds volume and moisture. However, If I add too much water, the flavor gets lost. I've used many different microwaves for these muffins, and I watch carefully to see when the muffin is complete. I might stir the mix every 10 seconds or so to get an even consistency since some parts do cook faster than others. When the muffin is still somewhat wet, I pull it out of the microwave and it quickly finishes setting on its own. Even 5 seconds too long will result in a dry muffin.
    It's all about trial and error.
    Yeah, it seems like a hassle to get the muffin right, but after having so many, it doesn't feel like a chore at all, and the tasty muffin is worth it.

I got the PB one too so I'll try that one with more liquid...
  • Francl27
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Birthday-Cake-Fitjoy-Protein-Bar-by-Cellucor.jpg?v=1487717284

I think I'm going to stop bothering with protein bars (again, only got some because I had $10 to spend by the end of the month). It's just too artificial tasting and really not satisfying at all for the calories. At least it's somewhat filling.

I had the peanut butter mighty muffin too. That one was tastier, I did put more liquid but it was still half raw and it took a lot of extra 5 or 10 seconds to get it to actually cook in the middle. Wasn't as dry though.
  • cozytimes
    cozytimes Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    eatpastry's vegan cookie dough. tastes amazing and you can eat it raw or baked. sutdn62ufr5d.jpg
    bbi7bigilfep.jpg
    mvap8x33ws5a.jpg
  • Francl27
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »
    I was the one who had the Halo Top pint that was all pulled away from the sides. I wrote to them, they wrote back and gave me 2 coupons for a free pint and explained it is a melting/re-freezing issue. They also said they don't use big refrigerated trucks like other ice cream companies so it could have happened there or at the store.
    Either way, win for HT for good customer service!

haha really? When I complained to them about the artificially tasting pints, they just basically told me 'you have to let them melt before eating' and completely ignored my concerns.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    Limited-Edition-Jolly-Rancher-Frosted-Watermelon-Pop-Tarts.jpg?resize=550%2C727

The watermelon Jolly Rancher is my favorite, but just no! After trying the watermelon flavor they had last year I will definitely be passing on this one.

Yeah that looks vile :/

Yeah, it does. *blergh*
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    cozytimes wrote: »
    i promise i'll stop clogging up this discussion board but i had to share these ones!! they're cauliflower tater tots and i wouldn't have guessed there was any cauliflower at all, they just taste like tater tots.
    these are one of my favorite purchases :smile:

nd6hpmk8tu74.jpeg

If they're helpful posts, they ain't cloggin'... :smile:
  • amightygirlruns
    amightygirlruns Posts: 2 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    FLJ-00515-3.jpg

Dry, artificial... Bleh.

Agreed. The peanut butter one is great though. It doesn't need any extra liquid and is moist if you make according to instructions. I've tried all the flavors and only buy the Pb ones.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »
    I was the one who had the Halo Top pint that was all pulled away from the sides. I wrote to them, they wrote back and gave me 2 coupons for a free pint and explained it is a melting/re-freezing issue. They also said they don't use big refrigerated trucks like other ice cream companies so it could have happened there or at the store.
    Either way, win for HT for good customer service!

haha really? When I complained to them about the artificially tasting pints, they just basically told me 'you have to let them melt before eating' and completely ignored my concerns.

Same thing happened to me after I bought three birthday cake pints and two were amazing then one was bitter and weird tasting. I bought them all from the same store and they just basically said it was the store's fault and to return them... how can someone return half eaten ice cream to a store when the fault was the flavor? The texture was fine -.-
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Limited-Edition-Pop-Secret-Popfetti.jpg?resize=640%2C438 this looks good but I bet it would be better if it was kettle corn and popped up to taste like bday cake lol. I am not a fan of prepopped pop corn I prefer fresh so that would be a cool flavor for fresh popped.
    17361515_1872200086397831_857283762606691943_n.jpg?oh=3b14afc450636df1f0a43cfd01e6bfb6&oe=59C2BEAF
    Someone bought a box of the new chocolate twinkies. I have only had a twinkie a few times in my life, never been a huge fan but these were really good. Very strong cocoa flavor. I envisioned this tasting like a hoho but it had a distinct cocoa favor much different than hohos.

Anyone try the birthday cake popcorn?
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Wal-Mart will have the sharing size Caramel M&Ms and my Wal-Mart got the new Hershey cruncher candies.
  • hgycta
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Wal-Mart will have the sharing size Caramel M&Ms and my Wal-Mart got the new Hershey cruncher candies.

The peanut butter filled M&Ms are my favorite and I love caramel so I can't wait to try these!!! It would be amazing if one day they had a peanut butter/caramel filling! Please let us know what you think if you try them :) do other stores have them too? I can't find them anywhere!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options

I was in Target yesterday and they had the m&ms. There was one bag in the whole store so, of course, I snatched it up. I'm kind of afraid to open the bag to try them. :)

(But just did and, nope, won't be sharing them. They're peanut m&m size and pretty darned good!)
  • hgycta
    Options
    Tried the OhYeah Maple Glazed Doughnut ONE Protein Bar... I'm at a loss for words. Honestly, I'm not crazy about their protein bars and never understood the hype, but this is my new favorite. A lot better than the blueberry cobbler, now I just need to try the salted caramel! This one was very sweet, had a prominent maple flavor, and wasn't too artificial at all. A lot softer than their other bars, too, which normally I wouldn't like but it was really good with the creamy glaze. 5/5 from me!
  • Francl27
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Tried the OhYeah Maple Glazed Doughnut ONE Protein Bar... I'm at a loss for words. Honestly, I'm not crazy about their protein bars and never understood the hype, but this is my new favorite. A lot better than the blueberry cobbler, now I just need to try the salted caramel! This one was very sweet, had a prominent maple flavor, and wasn't too artificial at all. A lot softer than their other bars, too, which normally I wouldn't like but it was really good with the creamy glaze. 5/5 from me!

That's the one I wanted at GNC, but no luck...