New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    Tried the OhYeah Maple Glazed Doughnut ONE Protein Bar... I'm at a loss for words. Honestly, I'm not crazy about their protein bars and never understood the hype, but this is my new favorite. A lot better than the blueberry cobbler, now I just need to try the salted caramel! This one was very sweet, had a prominent maple flavor, and wasn't too artificial at all. A lot softer than their other bars, too, which normally I wouldn't like but it was really good with the creamy glaze. 5/5 from me!

That's the one I wanted at GNC, but no luck...

The maple donut ones are out of this world! The best bar by far! I didnt care for the salted caramel....blueberry was ok but they nailed the maple donut flavor and texture.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    Tried the OhYeah Maple Glazed Doughnut ONE Protein Bar... I'm at a loss for words. Honestly, I'm not crazy about their protein bars and never understood the hype, but this is my new favorite. A lot better than the blueberry cobbler, now I just need to try the salted caramel! This one was very sweet, had a prominent maple flavor, and wasn't too artificial at all. A lot softer than their other bars, too, which normally I wouldn't like but it was really good with the creamy glaze. 5/5 from me!

Yes I am not a huge fan of the brand but I LOVE this flavour! Definitely can't buy it too often because dangerous lol
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    cozytimes wrote: »
    eatpastry's vegan cookie dough. tastes amazing and you can eat it raw or baked. sutdn62ufr5d.jpg
    bbi7bigilfep.jpg
    mvap8x33ws5a.jpg

Woah! Do those nutrition facts say only 60 cal per cookie? I need this in my fridge!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »

Yes I am not a huge fan of the brand but I LOVE this flavour! Definitely can't buy it too often because dangerous lol

As much as I love it I wouldn't call it dangerous haha it has excellent macros and filled me up, but you can never truly replace an actual glazed donut, but for a protein bar they certainly did an excellent job of it - there's only so far protein can go, though ;P the only thing that's dangerous are the darn Halo Top/Enlightened pints for me, anything I can eat in one sitting without feeling guilty about that costs $5.99 is VERY dangerous!
  • Sp1tfire
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    katadx wrote: »
    eatpastry's vegan cookie dough. tastes amazing and you can eat it raw or baked. sutdn62ufr5d.jpg
    bbi7bigilfep.jpg
    mvap8x33ws5a.jpg

Woah! Do those nutrition facts say only 60 cal per cookie? I need this in my fridge!

Any cookie can be 60 calories if small enough though...

Very true!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options

As much as I love it I wouldn't call it dangerous haha it has excellent macros and filled me up, but you can never truly replace an actual glazed donut, but for a protein bar they certainly did an excellent job of it - there's only so far protein can go, though ;P the only thing that's dangerous are the darn Halo Top/Enlightened pints for me, anything I can eat in one sitting without feeling guilty about that costs $5.99 is VERY dangerous!

At least you get the awesome sales of $2.88. I still have some more Enlightened, Turkey Hill Red Velvet Cake, & found three of the Haagen Dazs Sesame Brittle ice cream for under $2.00 at the Grocery Outlet (discontinued flavor) before I buy anymore ice cream.
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options

Haha fair ;) ! Actual donuts are far too many carbs for my macro split so protein bar danger Will Robinson!

As much as I wish we had Halo Top et al in Canada I am glad we don't in equal measure- I would be a fiend lol
  • mjohemme
    mjohemme Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    A non-food, and not too new, but I finally got a Soda Stream and it's amazing!
  • mjohemme
    mjohemme Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    i promise i'll stop clogging up this discussion board but i had to share these ones!! they're cauliflower tater tots and i wouldn't have guessed there was any cauliflower at all, they just taste like tater tots.
    these are one of my favorite purchases :smile:

nd6hpmk8tu74.jpeg

My son loves these and asks for them every time we go to the store together.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    bbi7bigilfep.jpg
    mvap8x33ws5a.jpg

It's not a huge serving tho. 60 calories for 14g (the same as the Endougable cookie dough I bought at Whole Foods. I verrrrrrrrry easily ate more while watching the numbers go up on my food scale. :)
  • Sp1tfire
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    bbi7bigilfep.jpg
    mvap8x33ws5a.jpg

It's not a huge serving tho. 60 calories for 14g (the same as the Endougable cookie dough I bought at Whole Foods. I verrrrrrrrry easily ate more while watching the numbers go up on my food scale. :)

Ahh there's always a catch isn't there lol
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options
    @hgycta & @Francl27 That sucks about what HT customer (not) service did to you! Makes me kinda mad because you ladies are doing some pretty hard core advertising for them on here!
  • hgycta
    Options
    joans1976 wrote: »
    @hgycta & @Francl27 That sucks about what HT customer (not) service did to you! Makes me kinda mad because you ladies are doing some pretty hard core advertising for them on here!

Ryan Bouton but this happened in October last year so quite some time has passed, I imagine they hired better customer service representatives given their rapid growth! I got over it, I just learned my lesson to keep receipts just in case, although it hasn't happened since then so I'm not sure if the store would stand behind that or not (but then again, I stopped getting that flavor and it was the only flavor I've ever had that happen with).
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options

Ryan Bouton but this happened in October last year so quite some time has passed, I imagine they hired better customer service representatives given their rapid growth! I got over it, I just learned my lesson to keep receipts just in case, although it hasn't happened since then so I'm not sure if the store would stand behind that or not (but then again, I stopped getting that flavor and it was the only flavor I've ever had that happen with).

Who is Ryan?
    What flavor was it? Mine is peanut butter cup.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options

Who is Ryan?

Chocolate was the one pulled away from the sides for me.
    The ones that tasted weird were vanilla and salted caramel. Still haven't dared trying salted caramel again since.
  • hgycta
    Options

Who is Ryan?

The person I received the email from, but I just looked it up and apparently him or who I assume is his brother own the company xD Perhaps they were just too new and understaffed to really do anything about it, they're a lot more profitable now so it's probably easier for them to send out free coupons. And the flavor was birthday cake, it was horrible. Fortunately the other flavors I've gotten since then were much better and more consistent, I just stay away from that one in particular.
  • cozytimes
    cozytimes Posts: 111 Member
    edited April 2017
    Options
    bbi7bigilfep.jpg
    mvap8x33ws5a.jpg

yeah! it's 60 cals per cookie (14g). they taste fantastic when they're soft and baked too.

you can roll it up in a ball and flatten it out if you'd like a bigger serving, i found them worth it.

the cookies on the pan in my pictures aren't 14g each
  • hgycta
    Options
    So, believe it or not, the person I received the email from was named Josh and as I recall, there was a Josh on here that knew a lot of details about HT. Hmmm.....mysterious....

That Josh kid was DEFINITELY an insider haha he always knew the flavors before anyone else, always had them to conveniently try at work, and hopped around the various myfitnesspal forums that brought up Halo Top ;P I never had a doubt about it, that's why I kept bothering him about cotton candy being a flavor they need to release :B He seemed more interested in carrot cake, which honestly I am 100% down with as long as they execute it right!