New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    anglyn1 wrote: »
    @katadx I love the oatmeal cookie Halo Top. I stay mostly keto and don't eat many sweet things in general so I might not be the best judge! lol. Anyhow I like it and my sugar eating husband really likes it. Some people seem put off by the pieces of oat in there but I kind of like raw oats so it's one of my favorites.

I like that one too but honestly it would be better without the oats. It's just a weird texture and doesn't add much in term of taste... but the base is good.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    *heavy breathing*
    iwstii68wkwq.png

This sounds like pretty much the same thing as BK's chicken fries, just pressed into a different shape. I'm not astounded.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I also like the oatmeal cookie Halo top- the base was delicious- but the oats were just ok- ice cream was cook overall
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    katadx wrote: »
    Just picked up a pint of Halo top oatmeal cookie. Love oatmeal cookies and can't wait to try it. Anyone have strong feeling about this flavor?

I find it very underwhelming. Enlightened's version tastes more like an oatmeal cookie to me and is sweeter/more satisfying (albeit also a bit more artificial in the caramel swirl), whereas Halo Top's leaves me feeling like I'm chewing on soggy oats. I'm hoping you like it more than I did!
    I also noticed this Facebook advertisement from them... apparently Halo Top is now in Royal Farms! I can't imagine how expensive it must be having an already expensive ice cream sold at a gas station! Yikes!
    wdoot6ajurk4.png
    mom2colbyj wrote: »
    I won a box of Better Oats on Facebook so I went to the store and used my coupon for the Cinnamon Roll flavor. 4/10. It's good, but nothing about it is great and it's not better than any other regular oatmeal out there. I'd still choose the Cinnabon instant cream of wheat packets over this since that tasted more like cinnamon to me. This oatmeal had 0 grams of sugar, but the ingredients listed sucralose, acesulfame potassium, and caramel color so I think it's misleading a bit with the name "Better Oats" since all those ingredients have so much controversy around them.
    j3qv2bqkkjyw.jpg
    I also tried the new Starbucks DoubleShot Espresso, Espresso & Salted Caramel Cream. 5/10. Again, good, not great. Tasted too much like cream and sugar without really capturing any caramel flavor like the dulce de leche had in the bottled frappuccino.
    pp6vc5uouplb.jpg
    I also went to Target and Home Depot yesterday, still no sign of the caramel M&Ms!
    On another note, Starbucks announced on Facebook a new Midnight Mint Mocha Frappuccino. Online it says it has "cooling mint sugar crystals, cut in a layer of whipped cream," it looks really interesting and I might try it this weekend, but if anyone gets to it sooner let me know how it is!
    86hlbop0yawq.png

I want this Midnight Mint Mocha Frappuccino!!! Plan on getting one on Friday. Million grams of sugar be damned. Lol

I'm expecting a full out review <3

The only flavor that Royal Farms has that I can't get at Wal-Mart is Cookies & Cream so I'll pass if it's extremely expensive.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    fitmom4lifemfp Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    Birthday cake hershey's kisses, anyone? I'm not a white chocolate fan, or a birthday cake flavor fan, but these are GOOD! I bought them for my son's birthday this weekend, and I had to force myself to share them. :p

3osk2ruutk3w.jpg

Oooohh I LOVE white chocolate, and particulary HERSHEY'S white chocolate. Going to have to look for these!!
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    Options
    Just picked up a pint of Halo top oatmeal cookie. Love oatmeal cookies and can't wait to try it. Anyone have strong feeling about this flavor?

I like it ok. Not my fave, but not bad at all.
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    Options
    Anyone try this?

Hersheys-Cookies-N-Creme-Crunchers.jpg?resize=424%2C600

Damn you. :#
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    Options
    *heavy breathing*
    iwstii68wkwq.png

OMG. I missed the Naked Chicken Tacos, the reviews were fantastic, but they were discontinued before I ever had a chance to try them. (I rarely ever eat at Taco Bell but this looked like something I could eat.) I will have to mark my calendar. :)
  • fitmom4lifemfp
    Options
    Same. Of course my favorite are that one and the Tonight Dough, probably their two highest calorie products.

LOL. Me too!! :p
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    *heavy breathing*
    iwstii68wkwq.png

OMG. I missed the Naked Chicken Tacos, the reviews were fantastic, but they were discontinued before I ever had a chance to try them. (I rarely ever eat at Taco Bell but this looked like something I could eat.) I will have to mark my calendar. :)

I didn't like those that much... too salty :p
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Anyone try this?

Little-Debbie-Peanut-Clusters.jpg?resize=640%2C578

Dammit, Debbie! Why you do this to me?!
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I dug into the oatmeal halo top last night! I loved it! Saved half to enjoy on friday night.
  • Aerocrazd
    Aerocrazd Posts: 87 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    This is just a FYI. If you have a Kroger near by they have Halo Top on sale for $2.99 a pint with a Kroger card until May 10th. At least this is true in Georgia. I will be stocking the freezer this weekend.
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Aerocrazd wrote: »
    This is just a FYI. If you have a Kroger near by they have Halo Top on sale for $2.99 a pint with a Kroger card until May 10th. At least this is true in Georgia. I will be stocking the freezer this weekend.

I'm weeping. I wish I had a kroger around here. I had to drop $5.79 to get my pint!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    On a mission to find these
    vy8z4jxirbcn.png
    enuoi6dc3p0l.png
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options

I'm weeping. I wish I had a kroger around here. I had to drop $5.79 to get my pint!

My Vons/Safeway/Pavillions had them on sale for $3.00 a pint too. I'm not sure how long the sale lasts tho.
  • Kimblesnbits13
    Kimblesnbits13 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

My Vons/Safeway/Pavillions had them on sale for $3.00 a pint too. I'm not sure how long the sale lasts tho.

I have a feeling the halo top prices will stay a bit lower than the usual 5.99 or 6.99 now that target and walmart started selling them for 4.99 and that's not even a "sale" price. *FINGERS CROSSED*
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options

ibotta also has 1.00 cashback coupon halo top!

https://ibotta.com/rebates/95029/halo-top-ice-cream?q=halo top
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Just tried LifeSaver's Flavors of the World Exotics gummies I've had my eyes on in Target for a couple months now. They were good, but if you gave me them and didn't say they were exotic I'd never tell. I like the idea, but it tastes like regular fruit gummies as far as I'm concerned. Would buy again, but only because I like Lifesaver gummies, not because I want an exotic fruit gummy.
    cuuhxuyr8i3b.jpg
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options

ibotta also has 1.00 cashback coupon halo top!

https://ibotta.com/rebates/95029/halo-top-ice-cream?q=halo top

Whaaaat? Mine only has a rebate for 75 cents on two pints. pfft