New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    That Starbucks mocha frap looks amazing, sounds like something I would like. I decided against getting the unicorn one when that was out. What about the dragon one? Has anyone tried that?

The dragon one is made with green tea so I have zero desire to, if you like green tea though I'm sure it's good!
    bellaa_x0 wrote: »
    yidq7rc24uyw.png

not new, but finally ordered a variety pack to try out this brand

I saw posts about using that in lil buff bakery cake mixes... you could probably use one in regular protein pancake mix though and have the same results, I'm curious to hear what you think of them!
    [It's better than sucralose or aspartame definitely, but I like the taste of erythritol, monk fruit, and stevia more personally. Xylitol tastes bitter in my opinion, and I have a dog that will run quickly to anything I drop (I'm very messy) so I don't want to worry about trying to beat my dog to the ice cream if I drop any since xylitol is poisonous to animals

I do too. In fact I bought a large bag of it to try in baking. Haven't done so yet, but I am hoping to do so soon.

I bought Now Foods erythritol and haven't figured it out yet... it has a weird mouth cooling effect in recipes I try, and a frosting recipe I tried to make made me very nauseous and wasn't even remotely good. I think you have to use it with stevia or another sweetener, but if you find out the secret let me know because whenever other companies use erythritol I can't control myself!

It helps to cut the cooling effect of erythritol by adding a small amount of cream cheese to things like frosting. Also processing the sweetener through a bullet type blender first helps imo
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    arya8 wrote: »
    So I went to the Vitamin Shoppe today because they sent me a $5 Healthy Awards certificate and I noticed a lot of new stuff!
    1.) They FINALLY had the new ONE bars (Maple Glazed Donut and Salted Caramel, I already tried the Blueberry Cobbler and prefer Quest's version so I can't wait to try these new flavors to compare)
    2.) I've never seen MuscleMilk Protein Bars before here, so I picked up the Birthday Cake flavor bar... has anyone had these before? Is the peanut butter cookie any good?
    3.) I've also never seen MyBar carried here... never even heard of that brand. Again, I picked up the Confetti Cake because that's usually a safe flavor for me, but the iced cinnamon crunch was quite enticing as well. If anyone has tried these bars please let me know how they are!
    4.) I decided I was spending too much money so I saw, but did not purchase, the MyCookies. They had like 290 calories each but seemed kind of small so I wanted to come here for opinions before I picked them up... they feel dense kind of like the Buff Bake cookies... anyone know if they're similar or are they not worth it?

43pegxnwog15.jpg
    gwy0br5x8m7d.jpg
    8n6296vljkr0.jpg
    d317nmab52vn.jpg

Muscle Milk peanut butter cookie is my favorite protein bar of them all. Even my husband likes it and he doesn't like any protein bars. I've only tried that one and the brownie one and I loved that one too. I'll be waiting to see how you like the birthday cake.

I went to Vitaminshoppe on Thursday since I was shopping in a town that actually had one!

I bought the Muscle Milk Birthday Cake, One Maple Glazed Doughnut & Salted Caramel, the Muscle Frosting in Cookies & Cream, & the Muscle Butter in Birthday Cake.

The only bar I couldn't find that I really wnated to try was the MyBar Confetti Cake, but once I get through my stock again maybe I'll order it online.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Anyone try these
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    250 per bar a little too high for my liking
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Anyone try these

ooh those look good!
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    g66jv8za0xqs.png
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »
    g66jv8za0xqs.png

Do we have an ETA on these?
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    So I went to the Vitamin Shoppe today because they sent me a $5 Healthy Awards certificate and I noticed a lot of new stuff!
    1.) They FINALLY had the new ONE bars (Maple Glazed Donut and Salted Caramel, I already tried the Blueberry Cobbler and prefer Quest's version so I can't wait to try these new flavors to compare)
    2.) I've never seen MuscleMilk Protein Bars before here, so I picked up the Birthday Cake flavor bar... has anyone had these before? Is the peanut butter cookie any good?
    3.) I've also never seen MyBar carried here... never even heard of that brand. Again, I picked up the Confetti Cake because that's usually a safe flavor for me, but the iced cinnamon crunch was quite enticing as well. If anyone has tried these bars please let me know how they are!
    4.) I decided I was spending too much money so I saw, but did not purchase, the MyCookies. They had like 290 calories each but seemed kind of small so I wanted to come here for opinions before I picked them up... they feel dense kind of like the Buff Bake cookies... anyone know if they're similar or are they not worth it?

43pegxnwog15.jpg
    gwy0br5x8m7d.jpg
    8n6296vljkr0.jpg
    d317nmab52vn.jpg

Muscle Milk peanut butter cookie is my favorite protein bar of them all. Even my husband likes it and he doesn't like any protein bars. I've only tried that one and the brownie one and I loved that one too. I'll be waiting to see how you like the birthday cake.

I went to Vitaminshoppe on Thursday since I was shopping in a town that actually had one!

I bought the Muscle Milk Birthday Cake, One Maple Glazed Doughnut & Salted Caramel, the Muscle Frosting in Cookies & Cream, & the Muscle Butter in Birthday Cake.

The only bar I couldn't find that I really wnated to try was the MyBar Confetti Cake, but once I get through my stock again maybe I'll order it online.

My Vitamin Shoppe still has no One Maple Doughnut bar! I can't wait to get my hands on it!
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    DKBBagelsFINAL_Embedded.jpg?la=en&hash=B7D53123D53DE87D1B598133A5F8286A4E50F772
    I bought the cinnamon raisin one at Target today. I can't wait to try it!

IMG_3828.JPG
    Also, I don't know hoe new this is, but I finally bought a package of it to make a pizza, and it is SO GOOD! It's seriously JUST like mozzarella cheese after you melt it. Even my mother (who HATES non-dairy cheese) loved it!
    029cc4_5e6dfafb0d5e413da44fad1e622251b7~mv2.png_srz_241_336_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srz
    These were kind of "meh" for me. They tasted like corn chips topped with sauerkraut, so I suppose that they taste like they're supposed to. I'm just not a big fan of flavored chips to begin with. I do think that their marketing is a little deceptive, though.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Great-Value-Sugar-Cookie-Crash-Ice-Cream-Sandwich.jpg?resize=550%2C568

Forgot to post a review on this!

How can you go wrong with a frozen Sugar Cookie ice cream sandwich? Answer is you can't! The sugar cookie part tastes exactly like it should & even has a bit of a gritty texture. The ice cream is also pleasant, but the real winner is the outer part of the sandwich.

These are in my freezer waiting to be tried! Got so excited when I saw them.

Did you try it yet?
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    g66jv8za0xqs.png

According to JunkBanter's instagram, they are already out! However, they will be exclusive to stores owned by Albertson's, which includes Safeway, Von's, Jewel-Osco, and some others. I live about 30 minutes from Safeway but I hardly go there for anything, so I'll definitely see what the reviews here say first before I drive out of my way for them.

Also, I saw a thread about some of Halo Top's pints being higher in calories. I emailed the company to see if they changed the recipe, filled the pints more, or if the original pints had calories miscalculated. They wrote back that the newer (higher calorie) pints had "minor tweaks" in the recipe to enhance its taste and texture. I picked up a salted caramel pint to try tonight, which went from 280 to 320 calories. It's not a huge difference, but I loved this pint to begin with so I'm pretty excited if there's going to be more caramel swirls in it now! I'll report back, but if anyone tries any of the other pints that now have more calories let me know if there's any noticeable changes!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    g66jv8za0xqs.png

According to JunkBanter's instagram, they are already out! However, they will be exclusive to stores owned by Albertson's, which includes Safeway, Von's, Jewel-Osco, and some others. I live about 30 minutes from Safeway but I hardly go there for anything, so I'll definitely see what the reviews here say first before I drive out of my way for them.

Also, I saw a thread about some of Halo Top's pints being higher in calories. I emailed the company to see if they changed the recipe, filled the pints more, or if the original pints had calories miscalculated. They wrote back that the newer (higher calorie) pints had "minor tweaks" in the recipe to enhance its taste and texture. I picked up a salted caramel pint to try tonight, which went from 280 to 320 calories. It's not a huge difference, but I loved this pint to begin with so I'm pretty excited if there's going to be more caramel swirls in it now! I'll report back, but if anyone tries any of the other pints that now have more calories let me know if there's any noticeable changes!

I got the new caramel and the new chocolate one. I'll report. I loved the chocolate but my first caramel one tasted very artificial, so we'll see!

That was from the Shop Rite sale by the way... and I got a $1.50 coupon off another pint at the register when I checked out! I'll go get more later this week...
  • glassyo
    Options
    g66jv8za0xqs.png

Finally a cookie flavor not exclusive to Walmart. I go to Vons every week and always check to see if there's anything new so yay!
  • pizzaqueen1983
    pizzaqueen1983 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Halo ice cream, u wont regret it!!!
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Dave's killer bread- the bagels- I have not tried yet- BUT I bought the raisin bread and it is sooooo good- nice thick slices for 90 calories and very filling-
  • JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    So our tiny town Canadian Walmart just got Flat Out wraps in for the first time and living that low carb life I was pretty excited. Used it as a base for pizza and, as someone who has made an alarming amount of keto pizzas, I was really impressed how well it held up to the oven versus other similar products.

For 7 net carbs it is carb spendy so they obviously require meticulous planning lest you throw off your macro split. Regardless I would definitely buy again <3
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I found the Caramel M&Ms at Shoprite so I grabbed a bag. I agree with what other users have mentioned, it tastes VERY similar to a rolo (just coated in a hard shell). If you're obsessed with rolos then these are great since you can pack them without having to worry too much about them melting, but there's really nothing new here with these candies, still can't beat the peanut butter M&M's in my opinion.
    agwl1ng6fsp1.jpg

As for the "new" sea salt caramel Halo Top pint that has 40 more calories, I'm on the fence with the taste. Texture-wise, I prefer the older pints. This new one was a lot easier to thaw and right out of the freezer I could eat it, but it didn't get nearly as hard as the 280 calorie pint had and I enjoyed that density. If you let this new pint sit on the counter, it might actually become TOO soft, so be careful fellow regular Halo Top eaters! It's not filled as high as you can see, but perhaps I got an unlucky pint. Overall I'd have to do side by side comparison to see how much it changed in regards to flavor, but I *think* it might have more of a buttery/saltier caramel flavor? Looking at the older pint's nutrition I logged, the sodium content is the same so maybe it's jut me. The new pint has 2 more grams of sugar and 1 less gram of protein per serving, so minor differences. Unfortunately, there's still no extra swirls, it didn't even have that small glob in the middle like I'm used to. I miss the old sea salt caramel pint based on this experience, but I'm curious what you all will think of the other flavors (and this one if your experience is different).
    zvicizlt4scd.jpg
  • leajas1
    Options
    g66jv8za0xqs.png

Sometime this summer.
  • leajas1
    Options

43pegxnwog15.jpg
    gwy0br5x8m7d.jpg
    8n6296vljkr0.jpg
    d317nmab52vn.jpg

My Vitamin Shoppe still has no One Maple Doughnut bar! I can't wait to get my hands on it!

I had one yesterday and it's really good!
  • glassyo
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I found the Caramel M&Ms at Shoprite so I grabbed a bag. I agree with what other users have mentioned, it tastes VERY similar to a rolo (just coated in a hard shell). If you're obsessed with rolos then these are great since you can pack them without having to worry too much about them melting, but there's really nothing new here with these candies, still can't beat the peanut butter M&M's in my opinion.

I had my first taste of peanut butter m&ms recently and I can't believe I wasted all this time not eating them. :)

And, yeah, once someone pointed out the caramel in the caramel m&ms tasted like rolos, I completelysaw it. I really like rolos tho so that helps.

And that one bag of the caramel m&ms at Target was apparently the last there because I haven't seen them since.