New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    A bunch of new things I NEED to get my hands on!!!

o0gw0wpbd3fp.png

I need that reeses whipped topping IN MAH BELLY NOWWWWWWWWWWWW.

• divcara
    divcara Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    These are pretty good! No added sugar - 5g total from the tomatoes. 1g of fat per 1/2 cup. 230mg sodium
  • FL_Hiker
    FL_Hiker Posts: 919 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    FL_Hiker wrote: »
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »
    Has anyone tried these, I've tried making couscous/barley on a few separate occasion but just couldn't get it done correctly. I also suck at making rice so I thought maybe this would be easier.

s7lbb7sgegt3.png

Yes I used to use those when I was first learning to cook. They're very good! I especially like the cheese broccoli rice flavor, and they're simple enough to use. Not sure how much salt is in them though because after I would always be super thirsty.

You are not talking about the same thing.

Rude...? Um yes I am. Knorr brand sides, instant rice, barley, etc. 😝
    5hya473r7qv5.png

I think he was saying that b/c I was showing the pics and asking about the organic ancient grains specifically not the rice

But you said you suck at making rice... "Has anyone tried these, I've tried making couscous/barley on a few separate occasion but just couldn't get it done correctly. I also suck at making rice so I thought maybe this would be easier" 🤔

I've tried the rice ones & i make them often I was asking specially about the ancient grains tho .. Sorry for the confusion i suck at making couscous & barely and .. i just thru in the rice part b/c they all have that consistency thing if you dont get the grain to water down correctly its a big mess of mush
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    A bunch of new things I NEED to get my hands on!!!
    fcn3y1fuydxt.png
    o0gw0wpbd3fp.png

And (drumroll)....
    867te5esr2ym.png

I'm pretty upset IHOP discontinued my favorite red velvet pancakes when they changed the name to IHOB. I think it's funny, however, that Denny's decided to release a mexican tres leches flavor stack given that one of IHOP's newer stacks was that very flavor.
    That being said, I tried the mexican tres leches pancakes from IHOP (the second time being last night, go figure) and both times I found it mediocre at best. 680 calories for a stack of four, but it's their buttermilk pancakes with sauce on top that doesn't taste like much more than subtle vanilla... doesn't do true tres leches cake any justice! Should've been heavier mousse layered between each pancake like their other flavors! That being said, Denny's new mexican tres leches stack is 910 calories... for TWO (not four like IHOP)! Their strawberry citrus is a bit more reasonable, 730 calories, but again, for TWO Pancakes!
    cdgfhdicvzqi.png

I tried the tres leches pancakes and found them tasty! Would have guessed way more calories though!
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    Options
    I liked the IHOP tres leches pancakes, but, then, I wasn't expecting them to particularly taste like tres leches. I got them as an option with the "make your own" breakfast, so it was three pancakes. Maybe that makes a difference? It was sweet with a cinnamon, milky vanilla flavor that I enjoyed. I'm from southern TX, so I never expect something that's not tres leches to actually taste like tres leches. :D
  • epr3996
    epr3996 Posts: 2,719 Member
    Options
    I recently purchased the FitBit Ionic and wow I love all the new features!

bvpxsoysp02v.jpg
  • epr3996
    epr3996 Posts: 2,719 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    epr3996 wrote: »
    I recently purchased the FitBit Ionic and wow I love all the new features!

bvpxsoysp02v.jpg

It's so weird to see a non food item in here! :)

I did start to think it is this only for food? LOL
  • nickssweetheart
    nickssweetheart Posts: 874 Member
    edited July 2018
    Options
    Has anyone tried these, I've tried making couscous/barley on a few separate occasion but just couldn't get it done correctly. I also suck at making rice so I thought maybe this would be easier.

s7lbb7sgegt3.png

I've never tried these products, but I could never get rice to turn out well either until I discovered this method:

Baked White Rice

Seriously, it's amazing. Perfect every time, with or without the onions. Highly recommend for the rice-impaired like me.
  • melissa6771
    melissa6771 Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    So I ended up ordering the chocolate e’toiles from Chatila’s Bakery on Linda’s Diet Delites website anyways... not only was it less expensive (especially since they gave me free shipping for my birthday), but it was packaged so much better!!! Seriously, just look at the difference! I can’t believe Chatila’s would charge so much more (over twice as much) to ship something so terrible! That being said, they did firm up a little in the fridge and they’re delicious!!!!
    qq7mxz6dru2e.jpeg
    wr8zt3fsg0jp.jpeg
    hliiun0y0rgu.jpeg

That bakery is about an hour from me. I wonder if I should go there sometime.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    @Noreenmarie1234

Did you try this flavor yet?

Clif-Sweet-Salty-Caramel-Toffee-with-Sea-Salt-Bar.jpg?resize=550%2C550&ssl=1
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited July 2018
    Options
    I bought the following frozen meals at Giant today

Indulgence-Cordon-Bleu-Orzo.jpg?resize=600%2C450&ssl=1

Lean-Cuisine-Origins-Linguine-with-Ricotta-Spinach-Meatless-Meatballs.jpg?resize=550%2C520&ssl=1

I bought another two, but I can't remember off the top of my head what they're (left the bag in the freezer at work & if someone eats the meals I'll be ticked).

Thanks again for alerting us about the free Swell ice cream coupon! I bought the Salted Caramel Crunch. Has anyone tried the Chocolate Chip Cookie Batter?

[/img]

The Indulgence Cordon Bleu Orzo was such a let down! The meal definitely did not resemble the box for one, the Orzo tasted slimy, the cheese sauce was disgusting, & the chicken didn't resemble the chicken on the box whatsoever.

The Lean Cuisine with Spinach Meatless Meatballs wasn't that great, but for 290 calories it wasn't terrible either. The pasta & sauce weren't bad, but the meatballs were a bit on the bland side.

The Swell Salted Caramel Crunch was a bit on the meh side (free so can't complain too much). My main complaint was the overall base was very boring & there weren't many crunch pieces in the pint.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    @Noreenmarie1234

Did you try this flavor yet?

Clif-Sweet-Salty-Caramel-Toffee-with-Sea-Salt-Bar.jpg?resize=550%2C550&ssl=1

No!! That sounds delicious. Haven't seen that flavor yet but I will if I find it!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    So I ended up ordering the chocolate e’toiles from Chatila’s Bakery on Linda’s Diet Delites website anyways... not only was it less expensive (especially since they gave me free shipping for my birthday), but it was packaged so much better!!! Seriously, just look at the difference! I can’t believe Chatila’s would charge so much more (over twice as much) to ship something so terrible! That being said, they did firm up a little in the fridge and they’re delicious!!!!
    qq7mxz6dru2e.jpeg
    wr8zt3fsg0jp.jpeg
    hliiun0y0rgu.jpeg

Omg yes you need to go and report back for us LOL. I heard they have tons more at the actual store than they sell online.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Tastykake-Seasonal-Edition-Glazed-Banana-Pudding-Creme-Pie.jpg?resize=600%2C461&ssl=1

Anyone try this?
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    qq7mxz6dru2e.jpeg
    wr8zt3fsg0jp.jpeg
    hliiun0y0rgu.jpeg

YES YOU NEED TO. And then tell me what else is good because when winter comes I might try more things that Linda’s Diet Delites doesn’t sell by them! But the chocolate e’toiles are a MUST, especially if you like chocolate ganache! I don’t know how they make something so indulgent so low calorie. Also, if you microwave it for about 10 seconds to where the top is a little warm and the middle is slightly cool, right before it melts, it’s perfect. So rich and chocolatey, perfect PMS food.
    c5rs5mel5cjb.jpeg

I also went to vitamin shoppe and GNC today to look for the new quest products and didn’t see anything. But I did find this ghost popcorn by Icon Meals! I got an email from them about it but was bummed they sold out... they had a limited supply, which I guess GNC bought all of XD
    It’s really good, but higher calories (240 per cup) than other flavors of popcorn Icon Meals makes. I’d get it again though - it’s worth picking up if you happen to see it! I had no clue GNC gives you $10 for your birthday, that’s the only reason I decided to pick one... ok two up!
    hbq1tr29arjj.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited July 2018
    Options
    qq7mxz6dru2e.jpeg
    wr8zt3fsg0jp.jpeg
    hliiun0y0rgu.jpeg

YES YOU NEED TO. And then tell me what else is good because when winter comes I might try more things that Linda’s Diet Delites doesn’t sell by them! But the chocolate e’toiles are a MUST, especially if you like chocolate ganache! I don’t know how they make something so indulgent so low calorie. Also, if you microwave it for about 10 seconds to where the top is a little warm and the middle is slightly cool, right before it melts, it’s perfect. So rich and chocolatey, perfect PMS food.
    c5rs5mel5cjb.jpeg

I also went to vitamin shoppe and GNC today to look for the new quest products and didn’t see anything. But I did find this ghost popcorn by Icon Meals! I got an email from them about it but was bummed they sold out... they had a limited supply, which I guess GNC bought all of XD
    It’s really good, but higher calories (240 per cup) than other flavors of popcorn Icon Meals makes. I’d get it again though - it’s worth picking up if you happen to see it! I had no clue GNC gives you $10 for your birthday, that’s the only reason I decided to pick one... ok two up!
    hbq1tr29arjj.jpeg

I think it is so weird quest hasn't even "announed" the maple one on the facebook or instagram! I don't think it's carried anywhere besides amazon now, right?
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    qq7mxz6dru2e.jpeg
    wr8zt3fsg0jp.jpeg
    hliiun0y0rgu.jpeg

c5rs5mel5cjb.jpeg

hbq1tr29arjj.jpeg

I love that popcorn!!