New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Birthday cake hershey's kisses, anyone? I'm not a white chocolate fan, or a birthday cake flavor fan, but these are GOOD! I bought them for my son's birthday this weekend, and I had to force myself to share them. :p

3osk2ruutk3w.jpg

It's even better if you put them in the fridge.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Birthday cake hershey's kisses, anyone? I'm not a white chocolate fan, or a birthday cake flavor fan, but these are GOOD! I bought them for my son's birthday this weekend, and I had to force myself to share them. :p

3osk2ruutk3w.jpg

No way! I like soft, almost melty, chocolate. ;)
  • joans1976
    joans1976 Posts: 2,201 Member
    Options

3osk2ruutk3w.jpg

Damn you ladies.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options

3osk2ruutk3w.jpg

I didn't like them. I normally don't like white chocolate either but had to give them a try. I ended up just eating around the chocolate, trying to to get to the pretty colored crunchy pieces.

Or maybe those were a cupcake flavor? :)
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

3osk2ruutk3w.jpg

I didn't like them. I normally don't like white chocolate either but had to give them a try. I ended up just eating around the chocolate, trying to to get to the pretty colored crunchy pieces.

I hated these when I tried it. If you like Hershey's candy corn bar then it's good, but I personally find their white chocolate too waxy and artificial. You get what you pay for I suppose, but I'd rather spend my calories on better tasting white chocolate. It's a shame, too, because I really wanted to like these.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,592 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    glassyo wrote: »

3osk2ruutk3w.jpg

I hated these when I tried it. If you like Hershey's candy corn bar then it's good, but I personally find their white chocolate too waxy and artificial. You get what you pay for I suppose, but I'd rather spend my calories on better tasting white chocolate. It's a shame, too, because I really wanted to like these.

I try to stay away from white chocolate altogether. Most dark chocolate also. But, for some reason, I really liked the See's Candy white and dark chocolate candy pieces. It might have been desperation because the milk chocolate was polished off pretty fast but still! :)
  • cocates
    cocates Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    cocates wrote: »
    cozytimes wrote: »
    trader joe's - cauliflower tempura

1iqp67f2zp1s.jpg

It's just okay. I cooked according to directions but could've taken 10 extra minutes to really get that crispness. There are some huge pieces mixed with a few smaller pieces. Could make it more uniform sizes to cook evenly. King Pao sauce tasted like soy sauce and Sriracha- very salty. Plus, once you mix it with the cauliflower, it makes it mushy.

I probably won't purchase again but if I do, I'll use the sauce as a dipping sauce instead.
  • hgycta
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I won a box of Better Oats on Facebook so I went to the store and used my coupon for the Cinnamon Roll flavor. 4/10. It's good, but nothing about it is great and it's not better than any other regular oatmeal out there. I'd still choose the Cinnabon instant cream of wheat packets over this since that tasted more like cinnamon to me. This oatmeal had 0 grams of sugar, but the ingredients listed sucralose, acesulfame potassium, and caramel color so I think it's misleading a bit with the name "Better Oats" since all those ingredients have so much controversy around them.
    j3qv2bqkkjyw.jpg
    I also tried the new Starbucks DoubleShot Espresso, Espresso & Salted Caramel Cream. 5/10. Again, good, not great. Tasted too much like cream and sugar without really capturing any caramel flavor like the dulce de leche had in the bottled frappuccino.
    pp6vc5uouplb.jpg
    I also went to Target and Home Depot yesterday, still no sign of the caramel M&Ms!
    On another note, Starbucks announced on Facebook a new Midnight Mint Mocha Frappuccino. Online it says it has "cooling mint sugar crystals, cut in a layer of whipped cream," it looks really interesting and I might try it this weekend, but if anyone gets to it sooner let me know how it is!
    86hlbop0yawq.png
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I saw caramel M&M's at Walmart this weekend. @hgycta Didn't buy any, because I was buying the birthday cake Hershey kisses.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    @hgycta they had a HUGE display of the caramel M&Ms at my little local Nice N Easy right by the register!
  • hgycta
    Options
    *heavy breathing*
    iwstii68wkwq.png
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    *heavy breathing*
    iwstii68wkwq.png

Ok I'd try those.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    *heavy breathing*
    iwstii68wkwq.png

That sounds awesome!
  • Lizakabibbis
    Lizakabibbis Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    Tried the OhYeah Maple Glazed Doughnut ONE Protein Bar... I'm at a loss for words. Honestly, I'm not crazy about their protein bars and never understood the hype, but this is my new favorite. A lot better than the blueberry cobbler, now I just need to try the salted caramel! This one was very sweet, had a prominent maple flavor, and wasn't too artificial at all. A lot softer than their other bars, too, which normally I wouldn't like but it was really good with the creamy glaze. 5/5 from me!

I LOVED this bar. I love the Brach's Maple Nut Goodies and this bar tastes just like them to me! So good!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Anyone try this?

Hersheys-Cookies-N-Creme-Crunchers.jpg?resize=424%2C600

Or this?

Little-Debbie-Peanut-Clusters.jpg?resize=640%2C578
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Just picked up a pint of Halo top oatmeal cookie. Love oatmeal cookies and can't wait to try it. Anyone have strong feeling about this flavor?
  • mom2colbyj
    mom2colbyj Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I won a box of Better Oats on Facebook so I went to the store and used my coupon for the Cinnamon Roll flavor. 4/10. It's good, but nothing about it is great and it's not better than any other regular oatmeal out there. I'd still choose the Cinnabon instant cream of wheat packets over this since that tasted more like cinnamon to me. This oatmeal had 0 grams of sugar, but the ingredients listed sucralose, acesulfame potassium, and caramel color so I think it's misleading a bit with the name "Better Oats" since all those ingredients have so much controversy around them.
    j3qv2bqkkjyw.jpg
    I also tried the new Starbucks DoubleShot Espresso, Espresso & Salted Caramel Cream. 5/10. Again, good, not great. Tasted too much like cream and sugar without really capturing any caramel flavor like the dulce de leche had in the bottled frappuccino.
    pp6vc5uouplb.jpg
    I also went to Target and Home Depot yesterday, still no sign of the caramel M&Ms!
    On another note, Starbucks announced on Facebook a new Midnight Mint Mocha Frappuccino. Online it says it has "cooling mint sugar crystals, cut in a layer of whipped cream," it looks really interesting and I might try it this weekend, but if anyone gets to it sooner let me know how it is!
    86hlbop0yawq.png

I want this Midnight Mint Mocha Frappuccino!!! Plan on getting one on Friday. Million grams of sugar be damned. Lol
  • hgycta
    Options
    katadx wrote: »
    Just picked up a pint of Halo top oatmeal cookie. Love oatmeal cookies and can't wait to try it. Anyone have strong feeling about this flavor?

I find it very underwhelming. Enlightened's version tastes more like an oatmeal cookie to me and is sweeter/more satisfying (albeit also a bit more artificial in the caramel swirl), whereas Halo Top's leaves me feeling like I'm chewing on soggy oats. I'm hoping you like it more than I did!
    I also noticed this Facebook advertisement from them... apparently Halo Top is now in Royal Farms! I can't imagine how expensive it must be having an already expensive ice cream sold at a gas station! Yikes!
    wdoot6ajurk4.png
    mom2colbyj wrote: »
    j3qv2bqkkjyw.jpg
    pp6vc5uouplb.jpg
    86hlbop0yawq.png

I want this Midnight Mint Mocha Frappuccino!!! Plan on getting one on Friday. Million grams of sugar be damned. Lol

I'm expecting a full out review <3
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    @katadx I love the oatmeal cookie Halo Top. I stay mostly keto and don't eat many sweet things in general so I might not be the best judge! lol. Anyhow I like it and my sugar eating husband really likes it. Some people seem put off by the pieces of oat in there but I kind of like raw oats so it's one of my favorites.