New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    arya8 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    Really looking forward to finding these and trying them! The creamer was spotted at Walmart and the bowl at Target, if anyone tries either of these please let me know if it's worth buying!
    dibrl2uxbljv.png
    itm34eog8v9n.png

I hope those bowls are better than their canned soups! I got a whole case of chicken noodle soup at costco and couldn't even finish one. They were so bland.

I've tried their soups before (Bj's also sells them) and don't care for them, but I've had a lot of their frozen entree bowls and love them, these are just new flavors in a new line of bowls but all of their cafe steamers are fantastic in my opinion! Noodles & Company came out with a pork adobo bowl I got hooked on but it's also close to $8 so I really hope this will replace it for half that!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Okay so the quest bar....

On the first bite I thought WOW very sweet and tasted like some weird coating on top of the cinnamon roll cereal bar. Pretty sure they used the same thing for the inside. It was just very sweet and I have a huge sweet tooth. I almost couldn't taste the caramel because it was so sweet the flavor just blend together. It grew on me though. But I did wish it was chocolate lol.

It wasn't bad, I bet the chocolate pecan one is MUCH better. I love detour bars and pure protein with the chocolate coating and caramel on the inside so I bet that one is really similar but better.

I probably wouldn't buy the caramel vanilla flavor again though. 6/10 wasn't bad but wan't amazing.
    I was expecting some almond chunks and more caramel by the picture on the bar LOL hcowat9ho9ds.jpg
    9k3ikg3lgd6e.jpg

creamys wrote: »
    7dz5o2azwa5q.jpg

I purchased a chocolate halo top flavor (10/10 is my rating for all halo top flavors) but I have a problem.
    I scanned the ice cream using the MFP scanner and it came up as 280 calories but the container says 240 calories. I also heard about a change in the ingredients or something and saw some posts about the calories now being higher than they were before.

So should I use what the barcode scanner said (280) or the container (240)?

always the container.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    @JessicaMcB I'll see what I can do :D
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    7dz5o2azwa5q.jpg

I purchased a chocolate halo top flavor (10/10 is my rating for all halo top flavors) but I have a problem.
    I scanned the ice cream using the MFP scanner and it came up as 280 calories but the container says 240 calories. I also heard about a change in the ingredients or something and saw some posts about the calories now being higher than they were before.

You got an old one, so I'd just use 240.

Still not noticing any change between both formulas though!
  • Francl27
    Options
    7dz5o2azwa5q.jpg

You got an old one, so I'd just use 240.

Still not noticing any change between both formulas though!
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Ugh, I placed an order with GNC because they had the singles of the Quest Hero bars and I could get free shipping with some other items I needed (unlike Questnutrition) and they cancelled that part of the order! I still need the protein chips and protein powder I ordered but the whole reason I went through GNC is because of those bars!

I found the Hero bars at Wegmans yesterday.

I bought the chocolate and vanilla caramel flavors.

At first they taste okay, and then there's this weird minty aftertaste.

The vanilla is cloyingly sweet. I took one bite and threw it away.

The chocolate tasted delicious to me at first, but then there was that mint.

It was awful.

I won't be buying again.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Ugh, I placed an order with GNC because they had the singles of the Quest Hero bars and I could get free shipping with some other items I needed (unlike Questnutrition) and they cancelled that part of the order! I still need the protein chips and protein powder I ordered but the whole reason I went through GNC is because of those bars!

It was awful.

I won't be buying again.

Mint? Ew. Guess that settles it for me. Thanks for the review.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,648 Member
    Options

It was awful.

I won't be buying again.

Noooooooo, not a minty taste.
    :(

I actually ended up stopping in an actual GNC on my lunchtime walk yesterday and they had two out of the three so the only one I'm missing now is the blueberry.

And GNC, after cancelling part of my order, decided to charge me shipping so best believe that's not gonna happen.
  • Francl27
    Options

It was awful.

I won't be buying again.

I actually ended up stopping in an actual GNC on my lunchtime walk yesterday and they had two out of the three so the only one I'm missing now is the blueberry.

And GNC, after cancelling part of my order, decided to charge me shipping so best believe that's not gonna happen.

Um not good.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options

It was awful.

I won't be buying again.

omg I would be pissed make sure you go through ebates too because they give 5% back at GNC :smile: and topcashback gives 5% sometimes I go through both to get maximum savings LOL. Also if you sign up through referral you get like 10 to start account I think. I always get my bars really cheap by using all the cash back sites plus promo codes LOL. They are way too expensive!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

It was awful.

I won't be buying again.

Mint? Ew. Guess that settles it for me. Thanks for the review.

Ew mint?!? I hate mint and chocolate or mint in general unless it's in my gum. I wouldn't expect mint in chocolate pecan, yuck
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited May 2017
    Options
    5s2aglzkluus.jpg
    Made this and added wine the other day... LOL turned out delicious. Super creamy and wonderful flavor. So fun to make your own flavors.
    1ykdl1f9h2q4.jpeg
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,426 Member
    Options
    cooked pasta, 15 calories per 2/3 cup at walmart. going to try it tomorrow
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Evamutt wrote: »
    cooked pasta, 15 calories per 2/3 cup at walmart. going to try it tomorrow

good luck, I hate those things lol. I've had best success rinsing them multiple times (to get the smell away) and patting dry and then throwing into a stir fry and cooking or in soups. Never tried that brand though, have you tried the house foods brand?
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,648 Member
    Options

It was awful.

I won't be buying again.

omg I would be pissed make sure you go through ebates too because they give 5% back at GNC :smile: and topcashback gives 5% sometimes I go through both to get maximum savings LOL. Also if you sign up through referral you get like 10 to start account I think. I always get my bars really cheap by using all the cash back sites plus promo codes LOL. They are way too expensive!

Ok, I obviously can't math or I was looking at something else because everything added up right even with the canceled part of the order. Thank god I was really nice in my email to them! :)

I don't do ebates but I belong to a few reward points programs and it didn't even occur to me to go through any of them.
  • Francl27
    Options

It was awful.

I won't be buying again.

Ok, I obviously can't math or I was looking at something else because everything added up right even with the canceled part of the order. Thank god I was really nice in my email to them! :)

I don't do ebates but I belong to a few reward points programs and it didn't even occur to me to go through any of them.

I always do. It's actually cheaper for me to order something online from Target than to go to the store! I save on gas and get 2% back... And I get 9% back on my dog food purchases from where I shop... so worth it! I'm at $18 this month in cash back. I use Swagbucks too when the deal is better (I get maybe $25 every 3 months with them but it's free money from buying online and doing Internet searches).

I wish it worked better with Amazon, but when nothing qualifies for cash back I go through AmazonSmiles so I guess I give back to charity.
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    So, remember that toffee @hgycta bought a few months back? They're scaling down their usual operations and making cannabis-infused toffee now: http://www.10news.com/news/candy-shop-owners-now-making-edibles.
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options

It was awful.

I won't be buying again.

Mint? I'm guessing the new sweetener they use caught up to your taste buds. I did not sense any mint. The caramel to crunch ratio was amazing. My bar was a little warm because it was a hot day out and it was amazing. I'm not a nut fan but the "cereal bar" crunch mixed well and the flavor was very candy bar like. No regrets.
  • ktekc
    ktekc Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    I found cotton candy ice cream sandwiches in walmart yesterday. . Walmart brand. Never noticed them before. Maybe i just dont pay attention enough.