New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Holidoodle won’t be making a comeback this year.

@pancakerunner I want Halo Top to make a cotton candy flavor so bad but if you have any ties with the company please go out ASAP if you don't know what flavor Holidoodle is and make this flavor a priority right this very second I beg you dearly. I can't go another Christmas without this flavor. :'( </3
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

@pancakerunner I want Halo Top to make a cotton candy flavor so bad but if you have any ties with the company please go out ASAP if you don't know what flavor Holidoodle is and make this flavor a priority right this very second I beg you dearly. I can't go another Christmas without this flavor. :'( </3

OMG that reminds me I had a dream last night that my grocery store had all the new halo top flavors including a few that said "TRY IT" on the sides and it was flavors not yet released and there was a cotton candy one and I was so excited to come on MFP and show you I took a picture :D The flavors with TRY IT were like cotton candy, almond joy, borbon swirl, and a few more I can't remember!
  • hgycta
    Options
    katadx wrote: »

OMG that reminds me I had a dream last night that my grocery store had all the new halo top flavors including a few that said "TRY IT" on the sides and it was flavors not yet released and there was a cotton candy one and I was so excited to come on MFP and show you I took a picture :D The flavors with TRY IT were like cotton candy, almond joy, borbon swirl, and a few more I can't remember!

Seriously though if that ever happens I might actually need to take a loan out from the bank to pay off whatever I'd be buying from the store because I'd go around to 5 different Shoprites buying all the cotton candy flavors. That would probably be the day I also buy a chest freezer to finally have enough space for all of it... my freezer really needs to be for food again, not ice cream XD
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I picked up the Hot Cocoa Oreos at Marianos (Kroger) today. Pretty good actually. They have a slight marshmallow taste in my opinion. Much better than those dang Mystery Oreos.

Maybe they'll do an Egg Nog Oreo?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options

Just have to say I love how your dreams are about finding new halo top flavors LOL. I agree on the cotton candy. If they made that flavor I would have to try it even though I can't really eat those ice creams. Holidoodle would be awesome omg great idea.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    these made it in to my trolley today, along with a jar of the cadbury caramel spread....

d0j3pcsfhesu.png

• Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    r3vd4dora16d.jpeg
    es70g5sdotac.jpeg
    uugig6n52kue.jpeg
    Love how I can eat all of these chips for only 350 calories lol. This is the sea salt mozaics flavor. The loacker wafers are really good I like the cream on the inside. The coco and milk ones are my favorite. They just look like regular wafers nothing special. I wish they had a chocolate coating though. The hazelnut was also really good because the cream was like a hazelnut butter. Didn’t try others yet. Good size for the calories but not very filling so wouldn’t buy.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    these made it in to my trolley today, along with a jar of the cadbury caramel spread....

d0j3pcsfhesu.png

Any clue if they will be available in the us ? They look delicious let us know how they are.
  • Sp1tfire
    Options
    I tried cinnamon bun halo top today! I love it. Love the chunks of perfectly salty/sweet dough!
    I also tried the mint chip (by accident... My dad wanted to surprise me with HT when it was on sale but he literally got the one flavor of ice cream I hate, but I wanted to eat it anyway) and there was barely any 'chips' in it. I ended up melting a bunch of dark chocolate right onto the pint to make it not so toothpastey :D
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options

d0j3pcsfhesu.png

Any clue if they will be available in the us ? They look delicious let us know how they are.

I have no idea! We don't generally get Chex (as in bags of Chex mix etc) unless you go to a specialty food store, so I just got excited that these were Australian and in our normal supermarket :D
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Review on the Jolly Time Confetti Cake Popcorn

58797ae4d8182.image.jpg?resize=1200%2C1592

This is definitely a sweet popcorn & has a glaze of some type that coats the popcorn. This definitely lives up to the name & tastes like funfetti cake to a point.

I've been mixing this & Ben & Jerry's Confetti Cake together for an optimal cake experience.

If Ollie's still has the Snickerdoodle flavor next month I'll buy a bag of that & the Cinnabon popcorn.
  • hgycta
    Options
    I have a guilty addiction to instant ramen but don’t think I’ve ever seen this before, does anyone know if it’s new? I picked it up and I’m not impressed. It’s the same taste as regular ramen noodle soup without the fun, long wavy noodles :p these are a lot softer though and I think they executed it well, perfect for people who break apart the ramen before cooking it to make the noodles shorter, which isn’t me xD
    2i9kdpn0l67s.jpeg
    1rp5dl1fh1qy.jpeg

These new sriracha noodles, however, are amazing! Great flavor but not as spicy as some of the other spicy ramen soups I’ve tried (Shin Ramyun)
    0vcun04o1zsq.jpeg
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I picked up a pint of Ben and Jerry's limited edition One Sweet World ice cream, and it's pretty good. It's a coffee caramel ice cream with marshmallow, salted caramel swirl, and fudge chunks. The coffee caramel ice cream combination is very nice, though the caramel flavor isn't as prominent as the coffee. I'm not a huge fan of Ben and Jerry's fudge chunks in general, but the marshmallow and salted caramel swirl mix-ins are tasty.
    cose7b20nwip.jpg
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    @katadx have you tried smart bacon too? If so, how does it compare taste wise?
  • Sp1tfire
    Options
    @katadx have you tried smart bacon too? If so, how does it compare taste wise?

I haven't tried smart bacon. It looks good though. I may have to try it sometime! I've been wary of trying vegan bacons but I knew I loved seitan so I figured seitan bacon was a good place to start!
  • hgycta
    edited October 2017
    Options
    1-bacon-seitan.png
    Just tried this for the first time today! Added it to my typical after-church brunch. It has good flavor and texture after I pan fried it! If i had been a little more liberal with the oil (I am quite stingey about calories from oil) I think it would've gotten even crispier and better! I will totally be making BLT's with this later this week. If you're in the market for a veg alternative to bacon, or even just curious, give this a shot! 100 calories per serving, with 15g of protein (which was about 5 good sized slices!)

Sweet Earth Natural Foods sells a benevolent bacon using seitan and I love it (even though it doesn't get crispy), I wonder how this brand compares o:

So I don't know if anyone reviewed this yet here but I've been eyeing this cauliflower crust pizza at Shoprite for the longest time now but it's on sale for $3.99 so I decided to finally splurge. SO GLAD I did! It tastes amazing. The cheese, toppings, and sauce have a really good flavor I enjoyed far more than regular frozen pizzas (and even some fresh ordered ones)! The macros and nutrients are really good, too, and I love how short the ingredients list is. The crust was a lot better than I imagined but was a bit mushy (maybe because I forgot to remove it from the cardboard before cooking in the oven), but it resembled dough very nicely, I didn't miss a thing (other than wishing it would have been a tad bit thicker since I love thick crust pizzas). I give it a 10/10, solid product. Entire pizza has 620 calories so I went for it all and have absolutely no regrets. It feels so good to eat an entire pizza, and my stomach isn't uncomfortably full from it (actually it has a lot less fiber than I expected - 6g for the entire thing). It's a pretty large pizza, but very thin. Still, I am definitely buying some more of these!
    2wwdzzk8qsll.jpeg
    iwxv9pq1vxea.jpeg
  • LynnJ9
    LynnJ9 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    1-bacon-seitan.png
    Just tried this for the first time today! Added it to my typical after-church brunch. It has good flavor and texture after I pan fried it! If i had been a little more liberal with the oil (I am quite stingey about calories from oil) I think it would've gotten even crispier and better! I will totally be making BLT's with this later this week. If you're in the market for a veg alternative to bacon, or even just curious, give this a shot! 100 calories per serving, with 15g of protein (which was about 5 good sized slices!)

Sweet Earth Natural Foods sells a benevolent bacon using seitan and I love it (even though it doesn't get crispy), I wonder how this brand compares o:

So I don't know if anyone reviewed this yet here but I've been eyeing this cauliflower crust pizza at Shoprite for the longest time now but it's on sale for $3.99 so I decided to finally splurge. SO GLAD I did! It tastes amazing. The cheese, toppings, and sauce have a really good flavor I enjoyed far more than regular frozen pizzas (and even some fresh ordered ones)! The macros and nutrients are really good, too, and I love how short the ingredients list is. The crust was a lot better than I imagined but was a bit mushy (maybe because I forgot to remove it from the cardboard before cooking in the oven), but it resembled dough very nicely, I didn't miss a thing (other than wishing it would have been a tad bit thicker since I love thick crust pizzas). I give it a 10/10, solid product. Entire pizza has 620 calories so I went for it all and have absolutely no regrets. It feels so good to eat an entire pizza, and my stomach isn't uncomfortably full from it (actually it has a lot less fiber than I expected - 6g for the entire thing). It's a pretty large pizza, but very thin. Still, I am definitely buying some more of these!
    2wwdzzk8qsll.jpeg
    iwxv9pq1vxea.jpeg

Could you take a picture of the nutrition?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    1-bacon-seitan.png

2wwdzzk8qsll.jpeg
    iwxv9pq1vxea.jpeg

Wow not bad for entire pizza I’ve tried mini ones that were really good as well. Can’t remember the brand but each mini pizza and it was decent sized was 60 calories. How hard was the crust? The ones I’ve had the crust didn’t really crisp up and you couldn’t cut a slice and hold it like a regular pizza
  • hgycta
    Options
    LynnJ9 wrote: »
    1-bacon-seitan.png

2wwdzzk8qsll.jpeg
    iwxv9pq1vxea.jpeg

Could you take a picture of the nutrition?

It’s already in the trash bin unfortunately, but it’s probably on their website for each different flavor they sell!
    1-bacon-seitan.png

2wwdzzk8qsll.jpeg
    iwxv9pq1vxea.jpeg

Wow not bad for entire pizza I’ve tried mini ones that were really good as well. Can’t remember the brand but each mini pizza and it was decent sized was 60 calories. How hard was the crust? The ones I’ve had the crust didn’t really crisp up and you couldn’t cut a slice and hold it like a regular pizza

The crust was kind of mushy, but that could have been my own fault for forgetting to remove the cardboard underneath I’m not sure... I held it and it stayed together but I wouldn’t go waving it around while getting in a heated discussion or anything (not sure if other people do this or if I’m in the weird minority), but it wasn’t hard to eat! I was VERY impressed but I also don’t think the crust was 100% cauliflower. It says the crust is “made with” real cauliflower, but the ingredients looked like it might have a little rice flour or something else to give it more of a doughy texture and feel. Either way I was blown away and will be picking up more of these and other brands to try as I see them!