New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    I finally got to try the rainbow and waffle and syrup Halo Tops over TG!

The rainbow was AMAZING. It tastes like and has the texture of a Push-Up pop, and I LOVE push-ups beyond anything.

The waffle and syrup was good too; it didn’t taste like waffle and/or syrup per se, just very sweet and maybe a bit maple-y, but I still really liked it.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited November 2017
    I must say, I have been VERY impressed with Walmart! Those Sam's Choice Burrito Bowls were delicious and so is this Great Value Steak Fajita entree! Both are very filling and have generous portions of meat. This steak fajita bowl had a very nice flavor and tasted as if it had sour cream in it too. 10/10!
    rf2vaaytpiun.jpeg

Also received coupons to try Snow Monkey's new Superfood "Ice Treat" pint. Decided to try the cacao first since I always crave chocolate, and I'm very satisfied with it! Definitely not a Halo Top or Enlightened, but it's its own thing and warrants respect. Very clean, short ingredient list and although the taste at first might strike some of you as weird since banana and apple are front and center whereas I was expecting chocolate, but it grows quickly on you. Awesome texture (just need to microwave it for about 25 seconds so it's not a frozen block) and creamier than Arctic Zero. It's vegan but honestly I would have never guessed since it's so creamy. I'm not crazy about the strong banana flavor I keep getting (but I'm not a huge banana person to begin with), but this is definitely something to try out if you're in Wegmans or anywhere else that might sell them! This is what I was hoping Halo Top's vegan pints would have been like.... thank goodness they decided not to use pea protein in this one!
    4/10 for an ice cream, 9/10 for a vegan/lactose-free ice cream (loses one point for not being as delicious as So Delicious' Coconut Milk Pints)!
    yrqlqq6nqjoh.jpeg
    nw6xuu8mnxpv.jpeg
    gpamnmwhiogi.jpeg
    bvzn81yzpg25.jpeg
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    I read somewhere that mushroom coffee would be the next big thing in 2018 so I decided to test my luck and try it. I LOVE all things coffee, but I’m never going near this stuff again. It straight up smelled like mushrooms, not coffee, and didn’t taste much better. I forced myself to take three sips in case it might grow on me but the rest ended up down the kitchen sink. HORRIBLE. I can still smell it and it’s turning my stomach!
    t9olgohsaklw.jpeg

I like mushroom coffee but I normally make a cup of real coffee and just mix a teaspoon of mushroom powder with it. I like this brand:
    138505.jpg?s=True
    They have single mushroom powders, as well as blends. I think that they have ones for Beauty, Immune Health, and Fitness.

If you're looking for a superfood beverage coffee-replacement, this stuff is really, really good!
    mocha_blend-front-correct-aspect.jpg

• pogiguy05
    pogiguy05 Posts: 1,583 Member
    Shapescale, but I think i will wait for it to ocme out and see how the bugs are with it. It cost up towards $900 and it shows you a 3D image of yourself and all your measurements around you body. Due out in April 2018
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited November 2017
    10 pints of the new Halo Top in my freezer :) you guys are going to DIE. So gooooood.

WHAT FLAVORS?............cotton candy? plz *crosses fingers*
  • Noreenmarie1234
    I did like the thinslim bread. It was a lot more filling than the usual 45 calorie light wheat bread I buy. For the price, I would not buy the bread since it is far more expensive than light bread at the store and isn't nice and soft. Sometimes I am not in the mood for super soft bread though and want something more hearty. This really felt like a 90 calorie piece of bread and was pretty thick. It had a nice nutty taste to it as well. 7/10

thinslim-foods-review-sq.jpg
    71Yb3h128RL._SL1500_.jpg

The brownie was not good. Tasted like walden farms chocolate syrup, yuck. The almond one was okay, but just kind of tasted like a warmed up protein cake in a mug. Nothing I would buy again.
  • hgycta
    10 pints of the new Halo Top in my freezer :) you guys are going to DIE. So gooooood.

You have GOT to give us some sort of spoiler alert or sneak peak somehow! If it’s cotton candy I need to start applying for a loan :’)
  • oocdc2
    oocdc2 Posts: 1,361 Member
    I read somewhere that mushroom coffee would be the next big thing in 2018 so I decided to test my luck and try it. I LOVE all things coffee, but I’m never going near this stuff again. It straight up smelled like mushrooms, not coffee, and didn’t taste much better. I forced myself to take three sips in case it might grow on me but the rest ended up down the kitchen sink. HORRIBLE. I can still smell it and it’s turning my stomach!
    t9olgohsaklw.jpeg

You're very brave. Personally, I'm not going anywhere near any food with "Lion's Mane and Chaga" in it. I'm guessing those are mushroom types? I hope?
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited November 2017
    @hgycta SOOO hoping for the cotton candy ;). Also, you were right about the squares not being good. I ate 4 slices of the bread and the two squares and actually had the opposite effect you did. It plugged me up. Don't recommend eating too many of their products at once LOL.
  • hgycta
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    t9olgohsaklw.jpeg

You're very brave. Personally, I'm not going anywhere near any food with "Lion's Mane and Chaga" in it. I'm guessing those are mushroom types? I hope?

I looked it up and I think so, but apparently chaga is really bad for you if you have an autoimmune disorder so I’m surprised they didn’t have a disclaimer o.o
    t9olgohsaklw.jpeg

If you're looking for a superfood beverage coffee-replacement, this stuff is really, really good!
    mocha_blend-front-correct-aspect.jpg

Thanks, I’m a little skeptical but it doesn’t look like mushroom so I’ll be sure to try it out eventually! It’s in my wish list on amazon right now so if they have a lightning deal I’ll get notified and let you know too ;)
  • lisaepell
    lisaepell Posts: 103 Member
    I did like the thinslim bread. It was a lot more filling than the usual 45 calorie light wheat bread I buy. For the price, I would not buy the bread since it is far more expensive than light bread at the store and isn't nice and soft. Sometimes I am not in the mood for super soft bread though and want something more hearty. This really felt like a 90 calorie piece of bread and was pretty thick. It had a nice nutty taste to it as well. 7/10

thinslim-foods-review-sq.jpg
    71Yb3h128RL._SL1500_.jpg

The brownie was not good. Tasted like walden farms chocolate syrup, yuck. The almond one was okay, but just kind of tasted like a warmed up protein cake in a mug. Nothing I would buy again.

I found the texture of the bread to be a little weird - too sponge-y for me. Of the baked good, I kind of liked the vanilla muffin, but couldn't eat the others. I am holding out hope for the pasta though. I love pasta and I'm hoping this one tastes ok. I am thinking about using it in a tuna casserole or something like that to cut the calories.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    I’ve been wanting to try these bagels for a LONG time now so I finally splurged while at Wegman’s. 260 calories and 28g of protein, amazing macros! Unfortunately, the bagel itself is a little weird and might put a lot of people off. It’s more chewy and has a slight “fake” taste similar to The Dough Bar Doughnuts. I would get it again if it were less money but I spent $7 on these and I could live without them (I’d rather save money and eat a smaller regular bagel with some eggs). You can definitely tell they’re not a regular bagel, but if you gave them to a stranger they might guess it’s a gluten free bagel since it sort of has that similar texture. 10/10 for the macros, 6/10 for the taste. Better than ThinSlim Food Bagels, but not by much and it’s also 2.5x more calories so I’m not sure if it’s fair to compare them.
    -snipped-

Yet another argument for not ruining a delicious food by trying to cram protein into it.

Instead, just eat a delicious regular bagel and drink a straight protein shake. Similar macros but without powering through a 6/10 tasting "bagel".

(I have similar thoughts on protein pancakes, protein muffins, protein cookies, etc. STOP MAKING DELICIOUS FOOD LESS DELICIOUS!!)

/rant

I dont agree. I actually like those bagels for couple of reasons.
    #1. They are huge and only 260cal with a load of protein. Show me real sized bagel for less calories.
    #2. I never eat my bagels plain, but with stuff in it like a sandwich (toss in some cheese, tomato, pickles, lettuce etc. top with mayo or mustard) and you have a very healthy and hearty meal. No need for extra protein.

Just because you never had a good protein "whatever", dont say that all are crappy :)

Eat them because they're low cal then, but don't pretend like they're a superior bagel. She said herself that it was 6/10. Who wants to eat a 6/10 bagel when there are 10/10 bagels in the world (and maybe 9/10 bagels reasonably locally available)?

And the protein source in those protein-added foods is often an inferior protein.

And if there *is* a good protein "whatever"...as in, it actually tastes better than (or maybe even same as) the non-protein-added version, I'd gladly eat it instead...because it tastes better. It's just that that isn't actually a thing that exists in the world. Anywhere. Ever.

But you do you...

...and enjoy your inferior-tasting, protein-added foods...

...as long as you and your kind don't squeeze the originally delicious foods out of the market, I'm okay with you being wrong.

**mutter**6/10bagelswtf**mutter**
  • jofjltncb6
    (Heh. Jof has very few buttons...but inferior-tasting versions of delicious foods because protein-added is obviously one of them.)

TL;DR -
    STAY OFF MY LAWN!
  • jofjltncb6
    I’ve been wanting to try these bagels for a LONG time now so I finally splurged while at Wegman’s. 260 calories and 28g of protein, amazing macros! Unfortunately, the bagel itself is a little weird and might put a lot of people off. It’s more chewy and has a slight “fake” taste similar to The Dough Bar Doughnuts. I would get it again if it were less money but I spent $7 on these and I could live without them (I’d rather save money and eat a smaller regular bagel with some eggs). You can definitely tell they’re not a regular bagel, but if you gave them to a stranger they might guess it’s a gluten free bagel since it sort of has that similar texture. 10/10 for the macros, 6/10 for the taste. Better than ThinSlim Food Bagels, but not by much and it’s also 2.5x more calories so I’m not sure if it’s fair to compare them.
    -snipped-

Yet another argument for not ruining a delicious food by trying to cram protein into it.

Instead, just eat a delicious regular bagel and drink a straight protein shake. Similar macros but without powering through a 6/10 tasting "bagel".

(I have similar thoughts on protein pancakes, protein muffins, protein cookies, etc. STOP MAKING DELICIOUS FOOD LESS DELICIOUS!!)

/rant

#1. They are huge and only 260cal with a load of protein. Show me real sized bagel for less calories.
    #2. I never eat my bagels plain, but with stuff in it like a sandwich (toss in some cheese, tomato, pickles, lettuce etc. top with mayo or mustard) and you have a very healthy and hearty meal. No need for extra protein.

Just because you never had a good protein "whatever", dont say that all are crappy :)

Eat them because they're low cal then, but don't pretend like they're a superior bagel. She said herself that it was 6/10. Who wants to eat a 6/10 bagel when there are 10/10 bagels in the world (and maybe 9/10 bagels reasonably locally available)?

And the protein source in those protein-added foods is often an inferior protein.

And if there *is* a good protein "whatever"...as in, it actually tastes better than (or maybe even same as) the non-protein-added version, I'd gladly eat it instead...because it tastes better. It's just that that isn't actually a thing that exists in the world. Anywhere. Ever.

But you do you...

...as long as you and your kind don't squeeze the originally delicious foods out of the market, I'm okay with you being wrong.

Ever thought that people have different taste in food? You superior 10/10 bagel might be my 5/10 bagel?
    I always say, dont knock anything until you try it. Until then, you have no opinion ;)

You think I haven't tried inferior-tasting tainted protein-added bagels?!? Or muffins?!? Or pancakes?!?

YOU THINK I HAVEN'T TRIED THEM?/??doubleslash?/??!?

:angry:

I've tried so many of them...but consistently...every single time...they're inferior...because if adding protein actually improved the taste, someone would sell that as the regular version...BECAUSE IT WOULD TASTE BETTER!!

But it doesn't...ever...so they don't.

• Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    -snipped-

/rant

But you do you...

Ever thought that people have different taste in food? You superior 10/10 bagel might be my 5/10 bagel?
    I always say, dont knock anything until you try it. Until then, you have no opinion ;)

^^^ Truth ^^^

I always hear people complain about gummy ice cream, but I actually LOVE gummy ice cream so much more than the stuff that is legit "creamy". I like to be able to chew on my ice cream a little bit while I'm eating it. :D

I don't know why that is. Maybe it's because my mom always bought the gummy "frozen day dessert" stuff when I was growing up, so that's what I've always been used to.
  • jofjltncb6
    BLASPHEMERS!!