New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 580 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »
    How new is this? It's been a while since I looked at Talenti's, but it's on sale at Shop Rite and I had a coupon, so whatever... Either way, it's very tasty... nice cookie chunks in there!

Talenti_Cinnamon-Peach-Biscuit.png

Haagen Dazs was on sale also but still none of that caramel flavor.

It's been out since February or March - came out at the same time as vanilla chai, vanilla blueberry crumble (which also has delicious cookie crumble pieces in it), and peanut butter fudge sorbetto (one of my absolute favorite Talenti flavors).
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    McVities Digestive Thins

I've been paranoid about having snacks in the house for fear of scoffing the lot.

However, these delicious, thin chocolate biscuits come in at 30 cals each or something. Two of them with a cup of coffee is a lovely treat that doesn't spoil my day nor put my blood sugar up too much

EDIT: appreciate these may be a UK only product

EDIT: it says 'NEW' on the packaging

I love digestive biscuits! They have them at my grocery store international section. My favorite are the chocolate covered ones.

yes the ones I buy are coated in chocolate on one side

what they got right was the chocolate to biscuit thickness ratio AND the crispness - they snap pleasingly but then dissolve nicely too

super effort to make these
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    bar-206324.jpg
    FINALLY got my paws on some pumpkin puffins. Strangely, all fall I could not find them anywhere. Today Woodmans had them on sale for 2.99. A HUGE display. Maybe I'm blind??

Super nice pumpkin flavor, not overwhelming with spices which I was afraid of. 2 servings = 220 calories, low sugar and a lot of fiber so I will probably be buying this again as long as they have it!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Yup I tried Halo Top’s gingerbread house again and you guys were right, a lot more icing! I don’t know what happened to that first pint o: my dad tried it too and agrees it tastes just like those pfeffernusse cookies at Aldi’s XD
  • vanilla_frosting
    vanilla_frosting Posts: 104 Member
    Banana Laffy Taffy! Yummo!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Coming out of lurkdom to join the legion of righteous folk who love fake banana flavor. Banana Bats were the BEST.

Oh. Em. Gee. Banana BB Bats were the bomb!
  • Illy_Mooncat
    Illy_Mooncat Posts: 159 Member
    spadcwiwfdov.jpeg

These are SO GOOD. The olives are delicious and the blue cheese isn’t weird; it’s nice and it on the same flavor “level” as the olive. I think they might only be seasonal in which case I will cry for a year
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited December 2017
    starkist-236x325_pouch_tapatiov2.png

Whew, definitely spicy (sometimes products that advertise spicy miss the mark by a lot).

starkist-236x325_pouch_ricebenasv2.png

This flavor was a welcome addition (ate it out of the pack) compared to the pouches that just have the tuna & no other mix-ins. I don't remember how spicy this one was, but I don't think it was spicier than the tapato.
  • hgycta
    edited December 2017
    Finally got the andrea’s protein treats shipped to me. The frosting was 60 calories (not including almond milk which probably made it around 70 calories) and the cake itself was 260 calories microwaved with the applesauce included.
    Definitely not for someone with a sensitive stomach to erythritol or someone who hates the taste of it. VERY heavy and the cake at times too much for even me to handle, the frosting WAS too much for me to handle and I couldn’t finish it. The cake had a slight weird texture similar to the ThinSlim Foods cloud cakes I didn’t like because it was dry yet wet at the same time... like soggy paper. Not something I’ll pay for again, but if nothing else it was definitely filling and killed my sweet tooth... I don’t even want to think of anything sweet I feel so nauseous now. Lil Buff is much better when it comes to tasting like cake and not so many sweeteners. I don’t think I’ll eat a full serving of this stuff again... I have a high tolerance for sugar alcohols so if I have to wave the white flag on this one I don’t know who would be brave enough to handle a full packet.
    xqdzjg7yrcc4.jpeg
    2rtsapif87ng.jpeg
  • dragthewaters1991
    dragthewaters1991 Posts: 45 Member
    edited December 2017
    Miyoko's vegan cheese. I'm vegetarian but I'm always on the lookout for new vegan products to try out, especially because it turns out I'm mildly lactose intolerant. This cheese is made from mostly cashews and is cultured and aged so that it's like dairy cheese, unlike most other vegan cheeses. I recently tried the VeganMozz over Thanksgiving (which is supposed to be like fresh mozzarella) and it was pretty good (really the only vegan cheese that I've tried so far, that I would buy again). But I realized that my supermarket actually carries some of the cream cheese-like varieties (I think they have the garlic and herb and the chive). So now I want to try those out. They are expensive since they're made from cashews but good to have on a special occasion. This is not an entirely new product (it came out a few years ago) but it's new to me.

http://miyokoskitchen.com/products-miyoko/
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    neldabg wrote: »
    neldabg wrote: »
    Heads-up: I bought my last box of Lenny & Larry's Birthday Cake cookies in August and having finall come down to my last cookie, I restocked with GNC's Black Friday sale. There's been a formula change that I do NOT like. The cookies are somewhat okay as they are, but they heat up too fast in the microwave and taste awful even with little heat. I don't mind the extra 20 calories per serving, but I do mind the compromised taste. Even worse, GNC retail stores do NOT process refunds or exchanges for orders paid through PayPal. Had I known I had to deal with the hassle of return labels and shipping, I would've paid directly with my card. The entire reason I like buying from online stores with retail locations is that I would rather not deal with return shipping. On a positive note, the classic Chocolate Chip flavor is even more chocolatey than before.

I love the change in the cinnamon snickerdoodle. They are amazing now. They have sooooo much cinnamon sugar. Before I was always annoyed when I would get ones without much and they would be bland and taste like play dough. Haven’t tried the birthday cake though or any others. I also only buy the small cookies which for some reason I think taste a lot better than the larger ones because they aren’t as thick and the cinnamon sugar to cookie ratio is higher lol

Interesting. I only every buy the big 4oz cookies because they're cheaper ($0.42 per ounce per case versus $0.54 per ounce per case from the VitaminShoppe). However, if the small cookies are tastier, I might just buy them from now on. I'll definitely try them. Thanks!

Hmmm I had a different box today and now they didn't have as much cinnamon sugar and didn't taste as good. Had strange taste. I HATe how variable the cookies are from box to box. I've noticed the lack of manufacturing consistency before when one box was burnt compared to another. Kind of annoying you never know what to expect.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    Finally got the andrea’s protein treats shipped to me. The frosting was 60 calories (not including almond milk which probably made it around 70 calories) and the cake itself was 260 calories microwaved with the applesauce included.
    Definitely not for someone with a sensitive stomach to erythritol or someone who hates the taste of it. VERY heavy and the cake at times too much for even me to handle, the frosting WAS too much for me to handle and I couldn’t finish it. The cake had a slight weird texture similar to the ThinSlim Foods cloud cakes I didn’t like because it was dry yet wet at the same time... like soggy paper. Not something I’ll pay for again, but if nothing else it was definitely filling and killed my sweet tooth... I don’t even want to think of anything sweet I feel so nauseous now. Lil Buff is much better when it comes to tasting like cake and not so many sweeteners. I don’t think I’ll eat a full serving of this stuff again... I have a high tolerance for sugar alcohols so if I have to wave the white flag on this one I don’t know who would be brave enough to handle a full packet.
    xqdzjg7yrcc4.jpeg
    2rtsapif87ng.jpeg

Another otherwise delicious food ruined by attempts to add protein (and remove sugar).

:'(
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    starkist-236x325_pouch_tapatiov2.png

Whew, definitely spicy (sometimes products that advertise spicy miss the mark by a lot).

starkist-236x325_pouch_ricebenasv2.png

This flavor was a welcome addition (ate it out of the pack) compared to the pouches that just have the tuna & no other mix-ins. I don't remember how spicy this one was, but I don't think it was spicier than the tapato.

Will be on look out.......yummy!!!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Noticed this on Candy Hunting's Instagram page... December 26th at Walmart, everyone... o:
    d50kdqkswiza.png

Ooh those sounds like interesting flavors!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Noticed this on Candy Hunting's Instagram page... December 26th at Walmart, everyone... o:
    d50kdqkswiza.png

NUTTER BUTTER OMG YESSS
  • hgycta
    Just tried the blueberry cheesecake ON cake bites. 3/10. Maybe it’s because the cake and frosting last night had so much erythritol in it that now my body is rejecting it, but all I could taste was that sweetener and then some whey and artificial blueberry flavor. Not impressed at all. I don’t think anything can beat Quest’s Blueberry Cobbler Hero Bar, now THAT is a solid blueberry flavored protein product.
    5zrc3eaxtwar.jpeg
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,586 Member
    d50kdqkswiza.png

Ooh those sounds like interesting flavors!

Stop making delicious sounding new cereals!!!

But this reminds me I need to post on the epic Oreo thread. :)