New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    I just bought 5 pints of HT that I haven’t found before, but they didn’t have gingerbread. I passed on the chocolate banana because I’m not fond of banana flavored stuff.

The caramel macchiato flavor is my FAVORITE. I can't find it anymore though and I'm so frustrated!
    Like you, I didn't want to try the chocolate banana because I find banana flavored things to be very unexciting and unappetizing (who eats banana flavored laffy taffy, anyways?)
    However, I strongly urge you to go back and reconsider it! It tastes more like Dippin Dots banana split flavored ice cream, which is much more balanced and enjoyable than just straight up "chocolate covered banana." The name really doesn't do it justice.
    The candy bar is very underwhelming and the pancakes & waffle pint is very artificial tasting, be warned. The mochi green tea, while I enjoyed it, doesn't really taste that much like green tea. Personally I thought it tasted close to key lime, I'm curious if you'll agree with me on that or if I just have messed up taste buds XD

*raises hand sheepishly*

Artificial banana flavour is my favourite, I love it even though on an intellectual level I realize it's kind of gross, haha. The faker the better. On the other hand, I haaaaaaate artificial grape and think it's the worst thing and it ruins everything.

We're out there. There might even be dozens of us...lol.
    Banana laffy taffy is the only laffy taffy that matters.

Ew. You guys are gross.

:s:D:s:D
  • Sp1tfire
    Sp1tfire Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    @hgycta I think I may have found out why your gingerbread pint had little frosting chunks... I was finishing the other half of my pint the other night and as I got down to the bottom I was basically attacked with HUGE CHUNKS of icing. Like WAYYY too much. Looks like my pint took all of yours!
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Banana laffy taffy is the only laffy taffy that matters.

I love them too! I remember they also used to have a chocolate laffy taffy that was yummy too
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.com/OREO-Cookie-Club-Subscription-Box/dp/B077NRFK9S?th=1

I wonder if they'll have fun flavors or just the regular stuff you can get at the store. I'm thinking about getting my kids a three month subscription, but it's pretty expensive.

That is A LOT of money! I can see where an OREO die hard fan might like it, but personally I think it's a bit misleading since I'd expect fun and unique flavors, but I know it's probably going to be regular flavors (I mean, they're the company who released a Fruity Pebbles flavored OREO than released it again in a Mystery Flavor to boost sales rather than coming up with a new flavor)! The "one-of-a-kind OREO inspired gift" is probably some lame OREO mug and the "new OREO product innovations, or tried and true favorites" are probably pertaining to the recipe card and new or already existing recipes for the Oreos. I tried to guess the flavors based off the ingredients list they posted, but with all those artificial flavors and colorings it just left me even more clueless XD

I'm more excited that Amazon FINALLY expanded their choices for their Surprise Sweets box! I absolutely adore this little box, it pays for itself with all the special desserts you get, and now they have an even larger box! Honestly I get it for myself but sometimes I'll buy these for coworkers if I'm not sure what else they might like, because who doesn't like fancy candies? My last box (which was $18) had an assorted box of Danny's Macaroons which normally go for $20 (not including shipping) plus a huge chocolate bar, a slice of cake, and a massive decorated pumpkin spice rice crispy treat!
    https://www.amazon.com/Prime-Surprise-Sweets-Holiday-Flavor/dp/B074N78HLH/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1513028582&sr=8-2&keywords=surprise+sweets
    This was the Halloween one, which again, was only $18, so I'm pretty excited to see what their Christmas box is going to be:
    9zlo4avazd5y.jpg

I'm not sure whether or not I'm excited for this. I love Girl Scout Cookies, but the Yoplait Chocolate Whips yogurt was the first yogurt to teach me that chocolate + yogurt = horrible. I have a feeling these will have that same chemically taste xP
    2xbs1h9tm1fh.png

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »
    Also, I disagree with the recent positive comments for the Quest Birthday Cake bars. They're not spit-out-immediately gross, but I can only eat half a bar at a day. Indeed, they thankfully don't have that nasty lemon flavor, but they're only tolerable. Quest missed the mark. I bought two boxes from VitaminShoppe and immediately returned the unopened box. The One Bar Birthday Cake bar still reins supreme, and FitJoy's and Muscle Milk's Birthday Cake flavors are still better than the Quest version.

This is my new favorite protein cookie!

403753_1.jpg?sw=2000&sh=2000&sm=fit

I told my sister to get me a box or two for Christmas :D.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    katadx wrote: »
    @hgycta I think I may have found out why your gingerbread pint had little frosting chunks... I was finishing the other half of my pint the other night and as I got down to the bottom I was basically attacked with HUGE CHUNKS of icing. Like WAYYY too much. Looks like my pint took all of yours!

The more icing the better!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.com/OREO-Cookie-Club-Subscription-Box/dp/B077NRFK9S?th=1

I wonder if they'll have fun flavors or just the regular stuff you can get at the store. I'm thinking about getting my kids a three month subscription, but it's pretty expensive.

That is A LOT of money! I can see where an OREO die hard fan might like it, but personally I think it's a bit misleading since I'd expect fun and unique flavors, but I know it's probably going to be regular flavors (I mean, they're the company who released a Fruity Pebbles flavored OREO than released it again in a Mystery Flavor to boost sales rather than coming up with a new flavor)! The "one-of-a-kind OREO inspired gift" is probably some lame OREO mug and the "new OREO product innovations, or tried and true favorites" are probably pertaining to the recipe card and new or already existing recipes for the Oreos. I tried to guess the flavors based off the ingredients list they posted, but with all those artificial flavors and colorings it just left me even more clueless XD

I'm more excited that Amazon FINALLY expanded their choices for their Surprise Sweets box! I absolutely adore this little box, it pays for itself with all the special desserts you get, and now they have an even larger box! Honestly I get it for myself but sometimes I'll buy these for coworkers if I'm not sure what else they might like, because who doesn't like fancy candies? My last box (which was $18) had an assorted box of Danny's Macaroons which normally go for $20 (not including shipping) plus a huge chocolate bar, a slice of cake, and a massive decorated pumpkin spice rice crispy treat!
    https://www.amazon.com/Prime-Surprise-Sweets-Holiday-Flavor/dp/B074N78HLH/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1513028582&sr=8-2&keywords=surprise+sweets
    This was the Halloween one, which again, was only $18, so I'm pretty excited to see what their Christmas box is going to be:
    9zlo4avazd5y.jpg

I'm not sure whether or not I'm excited for this. I love Girl Scout Cookies, but the Yoplait Chocolate Whips yogurt was the first yogurt to teach me that chocolate + yogurt = horrible. I have a feeling these will have that same chemically taste xP
    2xbs1h9tm1fh.png

Hmm interesting. Never heard of that box. I'm not sure I'm curious enough to spend $27 blindly though (especially as I don't care for Peppermint stuff). Keep us posted about the next one!
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Also, I disagree with the recent positive comments for the Quest Birthday Cake bars. They're not spit-out-immediately gross, but I can only eat half a bar at a day. Indeed, they thankfully don't have that nasty lemon flavor, but they're only tolerable. Quest missed the mark. I bought two boxes from VitaminShoppe and immediately returned the unopened box. The One Bar Birthday Cake bar still reins supreme, and FitJoy's and Muscle Milk's Birthday Cake flavors are still better than the Quest version.

Something needs to replace Lenny & Larry's now ruined Birthday Cake cookies, and I *have* seen those around, but I was wary of other protein cookie products after Buff Bake's cookies sorely disappointed me. I'll definitely give them a try. Thanks! ^^
  • julie3461
    julie3461 Posts: 65 Member
    Options

I just had the Ben & Jerry's PB Core ice cream.
    [/quote]

Omg, I had the salted carmel one. It was super good and the blondie pieces were amazing. I want to try the cheesecake core one. However, I was really disappointed, there was about 2 tablespoons of carmel core. I know the sugar and calorie content would be through the roof if there was a bigger core, but I was expecting like a 1/2 cup core center.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    vlheriss wrote: »
    Yoplait Oui Yogurt specifically in coconut and vanilla. Best yogurt I've tasted so far.

These are absolutely amazing but for the size and calories its an occasional treat for me:-(
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    peleroja wrote: »
    I just bought 5 pints of HT that I haven’t found before, but they didn’t have gingerbread. I passed on the chocolate banana because I’m not fond of banana flavored stuff.

The caramel macchiato flavor is my FAVORITE. I can't find it anymore though and I'm so frustrated!
    Like you, I didn't want to try the chocolate banana because I find banana flavored things to be very unexciting and unappetizing (who eats banana flavored laffy taffy, anyways?)
    However, I strongly urge you to go back and reconsider it! It tastes more like Dippin Dots banana split flavored ice cream, which is much more balanced and enjoyable than just straight up "chocolate covered banana." The name really doesn't do it justice.
    The candy bar is very underwhelming and the pancakes & waffle pint is very artificial tasting, be warned. The mochi green tea, while I enjoyed it, doesn't really taste that much like green tea. Personally I thought it tasted close to key lime, I'm curious if you'll agree with me on that or if I just have messed up taste buds XD

*raises hand sheepishly*

Artificial banana flavour is my favourite, I love it even though on an intellectual level I realize it's kind of gross, haha. The faker the better. On the other hand, I haaaaaaate artificial grape and think it's the worst thing and it ruins everything.

We're out there. There might even be dozens of us...lol.

Hi.

My name's Jonathan.

And I, too, like artificial banana flavor.

You can join the others in the gross banana-flavored corner! :D
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options

Something needs to replace Lenny & Larry's now ruined Birthday Cake cookies, and I *have* seen those around, but I was wary of other protein cookie products after Buff Bake's cookies sorely disappointed me. I'll definitely give them a try. Thanks! ^^

It's not as soft as a Lenny & Larry cookie, but kind of dense like a protein bar. I found that it definitely lived up to it's name of Birthday Cake taste wise & aesthetically as well.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    edited December 2017
    Options
    birds-eye-steamfresh-veggie-made-spinach-lentil-pasta-with-alfredo-sauce.jpg

Had this last night for dinner & like the original Lentil Zucchini variety it was very tasty! Definitely tasted more like pasta than vegetables & the alfredo sauce was a welcome addition. I'm not usually a big sauce fan in general so I was shocked that I liked it. This will definitely be a repeat purchase. There's also a marinara variety, but I'm not a huge spaghetti sauce/marinara sauce fan so I won't be trying that one.
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Honestly, I was hoping for a lot more vanilla icing swirls in this pint and I'm a little disappointed I didn't find any globs of it like I imagined. Still, this is a pretty solid gingerbread pint with not much room for improvement! The gingerbread spices are extremely pronounced and impossible to ignore, definitely not a subtle pint! I was expecting gingerbread, but not to be slapped across the face with it and that's how I felt - WOW! If those pfeffernusse cookies I got at Aldi's that I was raving about were made into an ice cream, this would be it. The more I ate it, the more obsessed I became. If anyone here was a fan of their cinnamon roll flavor, it almost tastes like the base used in that pint but with an added ginger/molasses component making it more well rounded. I do notice the stevia quite a bit which might put some people off who are sensitive to sweeteners, but with all the gingerbread spices I didn't mind it at all. I give it 8.5/10, the only thing that would improve it is those globs of vanilla icing swirl I had been hoping for! I taste them, but if I can't see or feel them it's hard to appreciate as much :'(
    z4w7ovp5gpnf.jpeg

Found it at Giant yesterday & bought one pint! OMG this is definitely my favorite Halo Top flavor!! I'm wondering if you got a bad pint? I noticed a lot of vanilla swirl & it definitely makes the ice cream extremely sweet in a good way. I wish the Gingerbread pieces were a little more crunchy, but the swirl definitely makes up for that. I usually like to eat Halo Top when it's more dense than thawed so that could be why I'm noticing the swirl more. Too bad this can't be a regular flavor instead of most of the newer ones that came out a few months ago.

Today I went back to Giant & got the last five that were in stock. Of course now that the flavor is in I can't find my two coupons for $1.50 off a pint.

hunted the Gingerbread House flavor down at Whole Foods near my office... absolutely love it for what it is - low-calorie, high-protein, and low-sugar "ice cream."