New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    These are amazing!
    So fresh and cheesy !
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

These are amazing!
    So fresh and cheesy !

thvhgoz36n28.jpg
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    ncgirl8 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    My first mint chocolate Whoopie Pie from Chatila’s Bakery (decided to splurge since I was buying their chocolate e’toiles on Linda’s Diet Delites) and.... wow... such a good use of 180 calories! It’s huge! I started eating some before I got the picture haha
    nup0fd9bhfgm.jpeg

I'm trusting you. Just ordered the etoiles and a mint whoopie pie😁

I used to mass-order the donuts, until my budget got real! My only issue with some of their products is that the nutritionals are for half - I don't want half, I feel deprived at half :)

I agree haha but just like how Halo Top's "serving size" is 1/2 cup, I just look at that and completely disregard it. The 180 calories I mentioned was for two of the 90 calorie half size "servings," I really don't know why they even bother with that -- I bet NO ONE who orders those only eats half. I'd like to see someone try o:

Speaking of Halo Top, it looks like Safeway is trying to copy them and Enlightened with their Scandal-less ice cream bars haha I saw these on The Impulsive Buy
    89skd8otf3do.png
    ytn9h5okbacs.png
    0krhh135stsi.png
    zh2zow4i57yc.png
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited March 2019
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    These are amazing!
    So fresh and cheesy !

thvhgoz36n28.jpg

They should make a mixed bag of the double cheddar + caramel ones. (I only am thinking of this combo because I've been obsessed with this popcorn mix)

It is SOO good. I never though caramel and cheese would be so good together. It always sounded weird to me until I tried this popcorn.

0mb58l13wpgs.png
  • alexmose
    alexmose Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    apullum wrote: »
    Okay, all you strange people who wanted potato chip ice cream...your California friend has your back:

p4afpb4m3uay.jpg

I was very skeptical of this and I would not have bought it ordinarily, but I did promise y'all that I would give it a try. This is also the first time I've tried Enlightened.

As you can see, there is a little bit of fudge and a few chocolate pieces:

ym7tpgk8kvg6.jpg

The first flavor I got was salt. After that, I was surprised by how much it really did taste like a potato chip. The potato chip flavor is definitely stronger than the chocolate flavor, and I didn't detect much chocolate at all. It has an odd potato aftertaste...not unpleasant, just odd.

I will probably finish this pint but not buy it again. I'm not opposed to sweet potato chips--I've had some really good dessert chips before (and there's a place in Pismo Beach I highly recommend if you're ever there and are into that kind of thing). But in ice cream, it was just weird.

However, Safeway did have a lot of other flavors that looked more appealing to me. They had a "movie night" popcorn ice cream that looked similar to the potato chip one, if you can't get the potato chip ice cream where you live. I also bought the brownie and cookie dough pint, which I'm more excited about, as well as the Halo Top strawberry cheesecake.

Update: I finished the pint of potato chip ice cream for dinner (DON’T JUDGE ME). I put a little Hershey’s syrup on top, and then it turned out that my pint had a big ribbon of fudge in the middle. This all made it taste more like salted chocolate with a hint of potato. I can definitely recommend it with the added chocolate syrup.

I use my dinner calories on pints of ice cream all the time, no judgment there! Haha, that is why a pint of enlightened/halo is meant to be eaten at once! Thanks for the review, I was so curious to see how this would be. I love love anything sweet and salty so I am bummed it won't be available by me!

Just did the same thing but in a slim twin coffee ice cream for 280 cals. Thank goodness I’m not the only one that does this :)
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    These are amazing!
    So fresh and cheesy !

thvhgoz36n28.jpg

They should make a mixed bag of the double cheddar + caramel ones. (I only am thinking of this combo because I've been obsessed with this popcorn mix)

It is SOO good. I never though caramel and cheese would be so good together. It always sounded weird to me until I tried this popcorn.

0mb58l13wpgs.png

If you like that popcorn and you ever get a chance to go to Garrett's Popcorn, get the Garrett's Mix. I have booked layovers through Chicago (ORD) when I had a choice just so I could get some popcorn.
  • Britxclarity
    Britxclarity Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    This has probably been asked before but I've only came across it. Has anyone tried the Smart cakes? What do they taste like? Are they worth it?
    cs618bly3vc6.png
  • Britxclarity
    Britxclarity Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    kayfaei wrote: »
    This has probably been asked before but I've only came across it. Has anyone tried the Smart cakes? What do they taste like? Are they worth it?
    cs618bly3vc6.png

I really enjoy the Smart Cakes cinnamon and chocolate. The Smart Buns are large and only 72 calories! My husband likes them because he has celiacs. They are all very expensive though.

Thank you! Tempted to try it the variety pack is 29.99 right now. ( before tax - shipping) thinking of trying them
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    cs618bly3vc6.png

I love Smart cakes. They're like eating a cloud. They melt in your mouth! Yum!
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    One basix cookie dough chocolate chunk; isn't bad but dosent take like cookie dough imo

Searched to see if anyone else reviewed these and only found your post from last year. Apologies if I missed others...

Finally gave ONE Basix a try (Ibotta had a $0.25 back deal)... I had the triple chocolate chunk. NOT a fan! They are very similar to Questbars in texture, perhaps a little more "dry", and they use stevia as the sweetener instead of erythritol.

Questbars are superior, by far, IMHO.

I guess they're a good option if you prefer stevia to other sweeteners.
  • twdlove89
    twdlove89 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    It’s not new but today is the first time I’ve ever tried it..............Milo 😳😳😳 omg it’s an energy drink and its chocolate!!!! I’m in love
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    cs618bly3vc6.png

I love them (and the smart buns someone else posted about), they’re lifesavers!!! I don’t order them too often because I usually spend all my money on coffee cakes from Simply Scrumptous first, but the cinnamon cloud cake would otherwise be my favorite. :) definitely worth trying!
    ThinSlim Foods has a very similar “cloud cake” that I also tried.... I like their cookies, but these cloud cakes are TERRIBLE compared to the smart cakes (in case you ever stumble upon those next)!!

bwp175ymrdnw.png
    twdlove89 wrote: »
    It’s not new but today is the first time I’ve ever tried it..............Milo 😳😳😳 omg it’s an energy drink and its chocolate!!!! I’m in love

Is that the chocolate malt powder in a green container? Yessss. I found it at the Walmart in Florida, but the Walmart’s near me have a pathetic ethnic selection so I haven’t gotten it since then :( although don’t let the “energy” claim fool you, it’s glorified malt hot chocolate haha. But that being said... it’s AWESOME in Halo Top’s red velvet pint ;)
  • nocgirl72
    nocgirl72 Posts: 139 Member
    Options

I love the vanilla. The triple zero technically is not on my diet plan due to sugar so I’ve been eating the fage 0% which is good esp with berries.

malibu927 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I tried the Oikos Gingerbread last week, I liked it (but again, I love most Oikos stuff, just don't find it filling enough for the calories). Can't find it anymore though.

Had to google Dannon Greek triple zero. Interesting. I like that it's sweetened with stevia and 120 calories, 15g of protein and 5g of fiber is the bomb. Will have to try it!

I had the Triple Zero strawberry. Good, but I think maybe a little bit of a weird aftertaste. I'll have to try some of the other flavors to give a definitive opinion.
    I tried the Oikos Gingerbread last week, I liked it (but again, I love most Oikos stuff, just don't find it filling enough for the calories). Can't find it anymore though.

Had to google Dannon Greek triple zero. Interesting. I like that it's sweetened with stevia and 120 calories, 15g of protein and 5g of fiber is the bomb. Will have to try it!

I had the Triple Zero strawberry. Good, but I think maybe a little bit of a weird aftertaste. I'll have to try some of the other flavors to give a definitive opinion.

• nocgirl72
    nocgirl72 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Not “ new” but new to me. I’ve never bought hummus before. Picked up the Sprouts Chipotle one and it’s delicious with cucumber slices. My kids love it too.