New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• JessicaMcB
    JessicaMcB Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    arya8 wrote: »
    I tried these yesterday. I LOVE THEM! I normally don't like their regular protein cookies, but these are so good. The cookie itself is so crispy and the filling is yum! I have to get the other flavors to try.
    buff-bake-sandwich-cookies.jpg

OMG I found gingerbread house halo top and for me it was the worst flavor I've ever tried from them. It was worse than cinnamon bun. I even bought two pints, and husband ate both.

Thank you for this, I was really curious about these cookies!
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    I bought Halo top last week because everyone raved about them.....ate a little of the birthday cake and none of the red velvet. Maybe I'm just not a ice cream person :/ .
    But....I polished off 2 small bags of Mac's pork rinds.....salt &vinegar as well as the salt &pepper.
    Bought bar-b-que to dip in cottage cheese....now thats good!!!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    JessicaMcB wrote: »
    arya8 wrote: »
    I tried these yesterday. I LOVE THEM! I normally don't like their regular protein cookies, but these are so good. The cookie itself is so crispy and the filling is yum! I have to get the other flavors to try.
    buff-bake-sandwich-cookies.jpg

OMG I found gingerbread house halo top and for me it was the worst flavor I've ever tried from them. It was worse than cinnamon bun. I even bought two pints, and husband ate both.

Thank you for this, I was really curious about these cookies!

Thanks for reviewing, I was so curious about these. Guess I will have to try now !!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Well I thought it would be a good idea to try Starbucks' Christmas Tree Frappuccino even though I hate matcha and as I expected: I hated it. The matcha was definitely overpowering but if you're a tea drinker you'll probably love this drink. I think I got cheated though as my beverage didn't have either caramel or cranberry pieces on top! Heck, it didn't even have a fresh strawberry, it was a thin sliver of freeze dried strawberry -.-
    jpekh7h1rf4y.jpg
    i8exbz182o4p.jpg

Also, I was sent samples of 4th & Heart Ghee on the Go pouches and tried the vanilla one on toast last night. I've NEVER had ghee butter before but I'm surprised, it was DELICIOUS! Has anyone here tried ghee butter before? Any recommendations of what else to do with it? Has anyone tried making their own bulletproof coffee with it? I'm not sure how I feel about buttery coffee, but if I tried that mushroom coffee I don't have much more to lose, right?
    5c6kw6eyy704.png

• Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    HURRY free bars http://www.freebupbar.com/ limited so do fast!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Honestly, I was hoping for a lot more vanilla icing swirls in this pint and I'm a little disappointed I didn't find any globs of it like I imagined. Still, this is a pretty solid gingerbread pint with not much room for improvement! The gingerbread spices are extremely pronounced and impossible to ignore, definitely not a subtle pint! I was expecting gingerbread, but not to be slapped across the face with it and that's how I felt - WOW! If those pfeffernusse cookies I got at Aldi's that I was raving about were made into an ice cream, this would be it. The more I ate it, the more obsessed I became. If anyone here was a fan of their cinnamon roll flavor, it almost tastes like the base used in that pint but with an added ginger/molasses component making it more well rounded. I do notice the stevia quite a bit which might put some people off who are sensitive to sweeteners, but with all the gingerbread spices I didn't mind it at all. I give it 8.5/10, the only thing that would improve it is those globs of vanilla icing swirl I had been hoping for! I taste them, but if I can't see or feel them it's hard to appreciate as much :'(
    z4w7ovp5gpnf.jpeg

Found it at Giant yesterday & bought one pint! OMG this is definitely my favorite Halo Top flavor!! I'm wondering if you got a bad pint? I noticed a lot of vanilla swirl & it definitely makes the ice cream extremely sweet in a good way. I wish the Gingerbread pieces were a little more crunchy, but the swirl definitely makes up for that. I usually like to eat Halo Top when it's more dense than thawed so that could be why I'm noticing the swirl more. Too bad this can't be a regular flavor instead of most of the newer ones that came out a few months ago.

Today I went back to Giant & got the last five that were in stock. Of course now that the flavor is in I can't find my two coupons for $1.50 off a pint.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I just bought 5 pints of HT that I haven’t found before, but they didn’t have gingerbread. I passed on the chocolate banana because I’m not fond of banana flavored stuff.

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I just bought 5 pints of HT that I haven’t found before, but they didn’t have gingerbread. I passed on the chocolate banana because I’m not fond of banana flavored stuff.

The caramel macchiato flavor is my FAVORITE. I can't find it anymore though and I'm so frustrated!
    Like you, I didn't want to try the chocolate banana because I find banana flavored things to be very unexciting and unappetizing (who eats banana flavored laffy taffy, anyways?)
    However, I strongly urge you to go back and reconsider it! It tastes more like Dippin Dots banana split flavored ice cream, which is much more balanced and enjoyable than just straight up "chocolate covered banana." The name really doesn't do it justice.
    The candy bar is very underwhelming and the pancakes & waffle pint is very artificial tasting, be warned. The mochi green tea, while I enjoyed it, doesn't really taste that much like green tea. Personally I thought it tasted close to key lime, I'm curious if you'll agree with me on that or if I just have messed up taste buds XD
  • Rickster1967
    Rickster1967 Posts: 485 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    McVities Digestive Thins

I've been paranoid about having snacks in the house for fear of scoffing the lot.

However, these delicious, thin chocolate biscuits come in at 30 cals each or something. Two of them with a cup of coffee is a lovely treat that doesn't spoil my day nor put my blood sugar up too much

EDIT: appreciate these may be a UK only product

EDIT: it says 'NEW' on the packaging
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    McVities Digestive Thins

I've been paranoid about having snacks in the house for fear of scoffing the lot.

However, these delicious, thin chocolate biscuits come in at 30 cals each or something. Two of them with a cup of coffee is a lovely treat that doesn't spoil my day nor put my blood sugar up too much

EDIT: appreciate these may be a UK only product

EDIT: it says 'NEW' on the packaging

I love digestive biscuits! They have them at my grocery store international section. My favorite are the chocolate covered ones.
  • MayaSPapaya
    MayaSPapaya Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    mbp3nqxquso0.jpg
    I have! They're pretty good! The pumpkin flavor isn't super strong, but it's yummy.

has anyone found these?
  • leajas1
    leajas1 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    https://www.amazon.com/OREO-Cookie-Club-Subscription-Box/dp/B077NRFK9S?th=1

I wonder if they'll have fun flavors or just the regular stuff you can get at the store. I'm thinking about getting my kids a three month subscription, but it's pretty expensive.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,591 Member
    Options
    leajas1 wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.com/OREO-Cookie-Club-Subscription-Box/dp/B077NRFK9S?th=1

I wonder if they'll have fun flavors or just the regular stuff you can get at the store. I'm thinking about getting my kids a three month subscription, but it's pretty expensive.

I....am not sure I love oreos this much.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,803 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

The caramel macchiato flavor is my FAVORITE. I can't find it anymore though and I'm so frustrated!
    Like you, I didn't want to try the chocolate banana because I find banana flavored things to be very unexciting and unappetizing (who eats banana flavored laffy taffy, anyways?)
    However, I strongly urge you to go back and reconsider it! It tastes more like Dippin Dots banana split flavored ice cream, which is much more balanced and enjoyable than just straight up "chocolate covered banana." The name really doesn't do it justice.
    The candy bar is very underwhelming and the pancakes & waffle pint is very artificial tasting, be warned. The mochi green tea, while I enjoyed it, doesn't really taste that much like green tea. Personally I thought it tasted close to key lime, I'm curious if you'll agree with me on that or if I just have messed up taste buds XD

Funny because I unexpectedly liked the chocolate covered banana because it reminded me of banana taffy! LOL

I have given up on finding the candy bar or the caramel macchiato locally. The banana I had to get on trip to Ohio. :( None of the new flavors have hit any of my local stores aside from Cinnamon Roll and the two seasonal ones. Of course all 3 of those have gluten so I can't try them. Huge bummer.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Heads-up: I bought my last box of Lenny & Larry's Birthday Cake cookies in August and having finally come down to my last cookie, I restocked with GNC's Black Friday sale. There's been a formula change that I do NOT like. The cookies are somewhat okay as they are, but they heat up too fast in the microwave and taste awful even with little heat. I don't mind the extra 20 calories per serving, but I do mind the compromised taste. Even worse, GNC retail stores do NOT process refunds or exchanges for orders paid through PayPal. Had I known I had to deal with the hassle of return labels and shipping, I would've paid directly with my card. The entire reason I like buying from online stores with retail locations is that I would rather not deal with return shipping. On a positive note, the classic Chocolate Chip flavor is even more chocolatey than before.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited December 2017
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »
    Heads-up: I bought my last box of Lenny & Larry's Birthday Cake cookies in August and having finall come down to my last cookie, I restocked with GNC's Black Friday sale. There's been a formula change that I do NOT like. The cookies are somewhat okay as they are, but they heat up too fast in the microwave and taste awful even with little heat. I don't mind the extra 20 calories per serving, but I do mind the compromised taste. Even worse, GNC retail stores do NOT process refunds or exchanges for orders paid through PayPal. Had I known I had to deal with the hassle of return labels and shipping, I would've paid directly with my card. The entire reason I like buying from online stores with retail locations is that I would rather not deal with return shipping. On a positive note, the classic Chocolate Chip flavor is even more chocolatey than before.

I love the change in the cinnamon snickerdoodle. They are amazing now. They have sooooo much cinnamon sugar. Before I was always annoyed when I would get ones without much and they would be bland and taste like play dough. Haven’t tried the birthday cake though or any others. I also only buy the small cookies which for some reason I think taste a lot better than the larger ones because they aren’t as thick and the cinnamon sugar to cookie ratio is higher lol
  • neldabg
    edited December 2017
    Options
    Also, I disagree with the recent positive comments for the Quest Birthday Cake bars. They're not spit-out-immediately gross, but I can only eat half a bar at a day. Indeed, they thankfully don't have that nasty lemon flavor, but they're only tolerable. Quest missed the mark. I bought two boxes from VitaminShoppe and immediately returned the unopened box. The One Bar Birthday Cake bar still reins supreme, and FitJoy's and Muscle Milk's Birthday Cake flavors are still better than the Quest version.
  • neldabg
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »
    Heads-up: I bought my last box of Lenny & Larry's Birthday Cake cookies in August and having finall come down to my last cookie, I restocked with GNC's Black Friday sale. There's been a formula change that I do NOT like. The cookies are somewhat okay as they are, but they heat up too fast in the microwave and taste awful even with little heat. I don't mind the extra 20 calories per serving, but I do mind the compromised taste. Even worse, GNC retail stores do NOT process refunds or exchanges for orders paid through PayPal. Had I known I had to deal with the hassle of return labels and shipping, I would've paid directly with my card. The entire reason I like buying from online stores with retail locations is that I would rather not deal with return shipping. On a positive note, the classic Chocolate Chip flavor is even more chocolatey than before.

I love the change in the cinnamon snickerdoodle. They are amazing now. They have sooooo much cinnamon sugar. Before I was always annoyed when I would get ones without much and they would be bland and taste like play dough. Haven’t tried the birthday cake though or any others. I also only buy the small cookies which for some reason I think taste a lot better than the larger ones because they aren’t as thick and the cinnamon sugar to cookie ratio is higher lol

Interesting. I only every buy the big 4oz cookies because they're cheaper ($0.42 per ounce per case versus $0.54 per ounce per case from the VitaminShoppe). However, if the small cookies are tastier, I might just buy them from now on. I'll definitely try them. Thanks!