New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    One of the Walmarts I shop at got Bang drinks in, but no decaf.

I also finally tried Smart Sweets. I'm not usually a gummy candy person so I don't look to be buying this brand all the time, but you guys were right when you said the Gummy Fish were amazing! I was shocked at how much fiber was in a package too.

I didn't really care for the sour version since I find that Sour Patch Kids offer more of a punch for when I want a sour candy fix.

I also can't justify buying it often due to the price.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member

I also finally tried Smart Sweets. I'm not usually a gummy candy person so I don't look to be buying this brand all the time, but you guys were right when you said the Gummy Fish were amazing! I was shocked at how much fiber was in a package too.

I didn't really care for the sour version since I find that Sour Patch Kids offer more of a punch for when I want a sour candy fix.

The company said one of the changes they’re going to be making to the recipe is decreasing the fiber content so it’s not 100% of your daily value, which never bothered me personally but I guess a lot of people were complaining about it haha. I’ve sat down and eaten all four flavors at once one time when I wanted to try them all and nothing bad happened to my insides, so I guess my body built up some sort of tolerance after eating so much fiber/sugar alcohol in Enlightened and Halo Top for YEARS lol!
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member

I got Smart Sweets recently too (super fast shipping!). I got a variety and like them all. The sour bears at first I wasn't sure about, but someone here was right in that I can only have a few at a time so one package has lasted all day and gives me a sweet fix throughout the day which I LOVE. Great buy and I'll splurge on these a few times a year (if not more). Love this thread!!!
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    brookielaw wrote: »
    kayfaei wrote: »
    This has probably been asked before but I've only came across it. Has anyone tried the Smart cakes? What do they taste like? Are they worth it?
    cs618bly3vc6.png

Yep. I've had them, and yep, I love them. My favorites are coconut and tangerine, followed by cinnamon. The chocolate was "meh." They work with my macros. I really have trouble believing they're only 38 calories and no carbs by taste, but hey...I'll log it that way!

I also loved these. My favorite were the cinnamon coffee cake and coconut. I liked them right of the fridge the best. Usually I warm up cakes but I enjoyed these cold because they are denser. They are really light, but a nice low cal snack. The buns were awesome! Really nice large size for the calories. I would buy all the time if they didn’t cost so much lol.definitely recommend trying.

Oh there is a cinnamon one...i like cinnamon. it's an underutilized flavor
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited March 2019
    @Noreenmarie1234 I also received the free Quest Dough Nut bars!!! The float is adorable and my daughter is going to love using it this summer!

I tried a bite of one right away. They are coated with some chocolate on the outside with the regular Quest bar on the inside. It tasted to me like a chocolate version of their birthday cake bar. 4a0veylo0k11.png
    Haha you beat me to it. I tried them last night. Smaller than the regular quest bars. Loved the thick chocolate coating on the outside. The inside was exactly the same base as the birthday cake which is one of my top favorite flavors.

Overall it was really good, I don’t know if it takes much like a chocolate donut because I honestly don’t think I’ve ever had a chocolate donut. I always go for the cinnamon rolls or more interesting flavors, lol. I agree that it tasted more like a nice chocolate cupcake.haikovz48i0u.jpeg
    k0pi4npw080z.jpeg
    3k7oavjdhsan.jpeg
    Definitely not one of my top flavors though. It was lacking in sweetness and a little tooo bitter for my liking.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,812 Member
    I got the chocolate etoile and the mint whoopie pie. The whoopie pie is huge! The etoile was pretty good. I microwaved it and the chocolate was everywhere :)
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    busyPK wrote: »

I got Smart Sweets recently too (super fast shipping!). I got a variety and like them all. The sour bears at first I wasn't sure about, but someone here was right in that I can only have a few at a time so one package has lasted all day and gives me a sweet fix throughout the day which I LOVE. Great buy and I'll splurge on these a few times a year (if not more). Love this thread!!!

I got a sampler box this week. The swedish fish are hands down my favorite as they are a bit sweeter and a whole lot softer than the bears. All are good though and agree, i bag is a great all day picking snack.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,812 Member
    hgycta wrote: »
    I got the chocolate etoile and the mint whoopie pie. The whoopie pie is huge! The etoile was pretty good. I microwaved it and the chocolate was everywhere :)

Make sure you keep them in the fridge! Usually I cut the e’toiles in half and microwave one half for about ten seconds, then the other half also for ten seconds. This leaves it sort of in the same shape but makes the inside soft when I go to cut into it, sort of like a lava cake but not quite as messy! I also keep some in the freezer for times like last night when I want to binge on chocolate, it’s alwaus reminded me of chocolate ganache but when it’s solid it’s more like a truffle since it melts so smoothly in your mouth! I went over a little on my caries last night, but not by much, only thanks to those e’toiles haha they’ve saved me so many times!
    oaunytku7vcn.jpeg
    Even looking at it makes me want more haha!
    They also have a peanut butter version if you order directly from the company o: although personally I don’t think it tastes much like peanut butter, it has more of a caramel vibe. But I like how it’s extra gooey!
    29obghzu73tq.jpeg

I just put it in a bowl and microwaved it for 30 seconds lol. I enjoyed all the melted chocolate. I put them in the fridge because I remembered your Pic of them all melted. I'm not the biggest fan of caramel, so I'll probably skip the peanut butter one. I feel you on the chocolate binge. Had 4 of my protein brownies the night before last
  • hgycta
    Very late on this one but you guys were right!!!! Burger King’s funnel cake fries are WAY better than the donut sticks at McDonald’s!!!!
    PSA: they also have a $5 monthly coffee subscription on their app! Thank goodness there’s one right next to my college campus!
    I have a hard time believing it’s only 220 calories for all these though o:
    5i3mscs7x6g6.jpeg

Bad picture but I also saw this!
    tza973cj9tr9.jpeg
  • twdlove89
    twdlove89 Posts: 95 Member
    Yorkshire biscuit tea 😳😳😳😳 I’m a sucker for a cup of tea and biscuits(typically British lol) but the calories for biscuits are crazy. Popped into Morrisons and noticed Yorkshire tea have brought out malty biscuit tea so brought a box and OMG it’s sooo good and taste like your having a proper biscuit (without the crunch obviously) if you like your biscuits you should deffo try this
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    I tried the Real Good poppers. They were real "meh."
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited March 2019
    kayfaei wrote: »
    You guys have sold me on the Smartcakes i will order some since they seem to be on sale right now.

Now..What do you guys know about frosting? Or maybe whip cream that taste like frosting? I looooooove frosting. I could be one of those people that open frosting and just eat it with a spoon. Have a company ever made a really low Cal good for you alternative yet?

I’m still on the search for one, so I’m following to see what other people say! I’ve tried nearly everything... the recipes on Lil Buff’s website for “frosting” using sugar free pudding was (in my opinion) terrible.

Honestly, if I’m craving frosting I usually order cupcakes from Simply Scrumptous. Their desserts are divine and very low in calories for how delicious they are. I cant order anything less than $150 from them in one go, and when I do, it disappears way too fast. Seriously, if you’re looking for a product that has it all in one package try their cupcakes and you won’t be disappointed!
    http://www.simplyscrumptous.com/Fit_Flavorful_s/45.htm
    Also, if you do try them and like peanut butter, their peanut butter brownies taste like straight up peanut butter fudge so that’s what got me hooked (the Coffee Fit bars are good and also fudge-like but a bit high in calories for how much I crave). Their stuff is all usually under 100 calories and will definitely satisfy you!

I’m surprised no one posted this yet o:
    17l412qtjqvx.jpeg

https://hazelnutspreadlaunch.fooji.com/#campaign-teaser

M&M’s will be giving Twitter users the chance to get them for FREE on March 30th! To participate, send a reply on Twitter to @mmschocolate with the emoji specified in the Tweet they post, along with the hashtags #GoHazelnutty and #MMSFirstTaste. You’ll also get a chance to score this on the M&M’s Instagram page story swipe up. They’ll be giving a total of 500 away.

Heads up guys!

They also are giving away 800 "Games of Thrones" mountain dew cans, just follow the prompts. https://for-the-throne.fooji.com/

I am not a fan, but my boyfriend would be ecstatic if I won this for him!

e4osrgazmsa4.png
  • hgycta
    *heavy breathing* That Peeps creamer was everything I asked for and more, but it's not socially acceptable to carry around in my purse all day for when I have to get coffee out in public. Fortunately, Dunkin' saved the day :') <3
    w66a5cqum6zh.jpg
    https://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordpress/2019/03/28/fast-food-news-dunkin-peeps-marshmallow-flavored-coffee/
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,585 Member
    *heavy breathing* That Peeps creamer was everything I asked for and more, but it's not socially acceptable to carry around in my purse all day for when I have to get coffee out in public. Fortunately, Dunkin' saved the day :') <3
    w66a5cqum6zh.jpg
    https://www.theimpulsivebuy.com/wordpress/2019/03/28/fast-food-news-dunkin-peeps-marshmallow-flavored-coffee/

That peeps donut is adorable!
  • Britxclarity
    Britxclarity Posts: 235 Member
    Oh my gosh that..looks so good from Dunkin donuts I guess it's a blessing and a curse that Starbucks and Dunkin donuts would be a 30 minute drive to and back for me. The joys of living in a small town.. 😑
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited March 2019
    I wish peep creamer had a sugar free version. Did you ever try the skinny mixes unicorn flavor foam? I have still been trying to find the syrup because I’m hoping it will taste like cotton candy lol .

svwrqgg7wsh1.jpeg
    I remember seeing them months ago, but they are finally coming out now.
  • Noreenmarie1234

Make sure you keep them in the fridge! Usually I cut the e’toiles in half and microwave one half for about ten seconds, then the other half also for ten seconds. This leaves it sort of in the same shape but makes the inside soft when I go to cut into it, sort of like a lava cake but not quite as messy! I also keep some in the freezer for times like last night when I want to binge on chocolate, it’s alwaus reminded me of chocolate ganache but when it’s solid it’s more like a truffle since it melts so smoothly in your mouth! I went over a little on my caries last night, but not by much, only thanks to those e’toiles haha they’ve saved me so many times!
    oaunytku7vcn.jpeg
    Even looking at it makes me want more haha!
    They also have a peanut butter version if you order directly from the company o: although personally I don’t think it tastes much like peanut butter, it has more of a caramel vibe. But I like how it’s extra gooey!
    29obghzu73tq.jpeg

My friend lives by their real life bakery..... I need to visit her ASAP