New products that caught your eyes recently?

Replies

• debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    I am definitely going to try Talenti low sugar ice cream- IF we ever get them in our neck of the woods
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    debtay123 wrote: »
    I am definitely going to try Talenti low sugar ice cream- IF we ever get them in our neck of the woods

Kinda curious why there's no mention of that at all on their website or twitter.
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 579 Member
    Francl27 wrote: »

Kinda curious why there's no mention of that at all on their website or twitter.

Talenti seems to be pretty slow in general with their new flavor announcements. Their new flavors seem to show up in stores starting February, but they don't do their official announcement on their site or social media usually until end of March or April. Might just be their usual lag, or perhaps they're also working on releasing new regular calorie/sugar gelato flavors as well and waiting to announce all at once.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member

Talenti seems to be pretty slow in general with their new flavor announcements. Their new flavors seem to show up in stores starting February, but they don't do their official announcement on their site or social media usually until end of March or April. Might just be their usual lag, or perhaps they're also working on releasing new regular calorie/sugar gelato flavors as well and waiting to announce all at once.

How do you know all this? I tried writing to Talenti to see when and where I can find these and they said they only have their sorbet for the lower calorie pints, it’s as if the person writing to me didn’t even know about these lower sugar pints!!!

Olive Garden is jumping on the veggie noodle bandwagon, if anyone tries it I’d be interested in hearing how they did! I was impressed with the zucchini noodles I tried at Noodles & Company, but if I drive out of my way to Olive Garden I’m spending all my calories on as many bowls of the chicken & gnocchi as I can squeeze in, not veggie noodles xD
    4wckthihf9w8.jpeg

• arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Has anyone tried these? I just saw them at my store. Also, Meijer has Halo Top on sale buy one get one free. $4.49 regular price.
    a2ljtazce4zn.jpg
  • Francl27
    hgycta wrote: »

How do you know all this? I tried writing to Talenti to see when and where I can find these and they said they only have their sorbet for the lower calorie pints, it’s as if the person writing to me didn’t even know about these lower sugar pints!!!

Olive Garden is jumping on the veggie noodle bandwagon, if anyone tries it I’d be interested in hearing how they did! I was impressed with the zucchini noodles I tried at Noodles & Company, but if I drive out of my way to Olive Garden I’m spending all my calories on as many bowls of the chicken & gnocchi as I can squeeze in, not veggie noodles xD
    4wckthihf9w8.jpeg

That looks good. Glad there's still some real pasta in there!
  • missperfectpitch
    missperfectpitch Posts: 579 Member

4wckthihf9w8.jpeg

I pretty much stalk the ice cream cases in my grocery stores every week once the new flavor season hits lol, for Talenti and Häagen-Dazs in particular. The past few years, new Talenti flavors came out in stores starting in February, but official announcement this year was not until April and last year was mid-March. For the lower calorie pints, the On Second Scoop website published a blog post about the new flavors (there'll be 4) a week ago, and I happened to spot 3 of them at Giant a couple days ago (off in a corner case, not next to the usual ice creams). Strange that the person responding to you didn't seem to know about these!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited January 2018
    Looks like lenny and larry releasing new flavor tomorrow. Hope it's cotton candy but its probably something like salted caramel. I really don't even like the large cookies (only 2oz snickerdoodle is good) so not very excited about this.

Looking forward to seeing some of the quest cookie reviews on here.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    I tried the Quest chocolate chip cookie. It was delicious. It was soft and much less dense/cakey than the lenny and larry cookies. It was nearly as big, but makes sense since the calories are so much lower. To me, it tasted more like a real cookie than any other protein cookie I've tried.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    I tried the Quest chocolate chip cookie. It was delicious. It was soft and much less dense/cakey than the lenny and larry cookies. It was nearly as big, but makes sense since the calories are so much lower. To me, it tasted more like a real cookie than any other protein cookie I've tried.

Have you ever baked your quest chocolate chip cookie dough until it puffs up and turns into a soft cookie like texture? Were the cookies a lot different than this?
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Cbean08 wrote: »

Have you ever baked your quest chocolate chip cookie dough until it puffs up and turns into a soft cookie like texture? Were the cookies a lot different than this?

I've never baked one myself, but yes, that is how this seemed- slightly aerated but still soft and thick. You can feel a definite weight difference between this Quest cookie and a Lenny and Larry cookie. I wouldn't think that the Quest cookie is much heavier than a regular Quest bar though.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    While we’re on the topic of cookies, I had a $15 reward from GNC and decided to try one of No Cow’s protein cookies. If you like pea protein, you might like it. Personally, I hate pea protein and this cookie tastes like grass, cinnamon, bitter stevia, and has a texture of soggy cardboard. I’m never buying it again and it was a complete waste of 240 calories. Not filling not satisfying at all. Tolerable when microwaved, awful room temperature.
    hk68aeis7iix.jpeg
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    While we’re on the topic of cookies, I had a $15 reward from GNC and decided to try one of No Cow’s protein cookies. If you like pea protein, you might like it. Personally, I hate pea protein and this cookie tastes like grass, cinnamon, bitter stevia, and has a texture of soggy cardboard. I’m never buying it again and it was a complete waste of 240 calories. Not filling not satisfying at all. Tolerable when microwaved, awful room temperature.
    hk68aeis7iix.jpeg

Ack, it even looks like sadness.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    hk68aeis7iix.jpeg

Looks gross
  • widgit808
    widgit808 Posts: 193 Member
    https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/42/hk68aeis7iix.jpeg
    Not surprised. No Cow is consistently awful.

• jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    My wife finally found the Haagen Dazs Sea Salt Caramel Truffle ice cream last week! There were 10 pints left, so she bought 8 and left 2.

Noticed that the band said "limited" which doesn't bode well for it being available for long.

(And now there is currently just 1 pint left in my freezer. So the quest to find more continues.)
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    hk68aeis7iix.jpeg

I might like it then. I enjoy mixing pea protein super thick and eating it with a spoon like pudding. XD
  • Francl27
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    My wife finally found the Haagen Dazs Sea Salt Caramel Truffle ice cream last week! There were 10 pints left, so she bought 8 and left 2.

Noticed that the band said "limited" which doesn't bode well for it being available for long.

(And now there is currently just 1 pint left in my freezer. So the quest to find more continues.)

Still no luck here. Probably a good thing.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Did anyone post about this yet? I can’t believe how good it is! I normally don’t like Hershey’s chocolate (it tastes cheap and waxy) but this was phenomenal! It’s like butterscotch, toffee, and peanut butter. My taste buds are going crazy I’ll definitely be buying it again! Perfectly salty and sweet just wish it was thicker and not so thin
    t6mk0jlsmnyj.jpeg

Yes I did, totally agree it was DELICIOUS!