New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• augustremulous
    augustremulous Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    Imperfect Produce

https://www.imperfectproduce.com/home.php

Absolutely obsessed. I've tried a lot of subscriptions and this is the only one I've stuck with.

Finally I just have a surplus of veggies in the house all the time and am constantly figuring out new things to do with them. It has been so good for my health.
  • joprice1803
    joprice1803 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I love the chobani flip coconut yummy!! :p:p
  • josette06
    josette06 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Bought some Quest cookies this evening at the Vitamin Shoppe. I'll let you know what I think. I hate artificial sweeteners because they leave a bitter aftertaste if there's too much. Hoping for the best.
  • sadrina1986
    sadrina1986 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Absolutely Macadamia milk, unsweetened. It has 50 cal/cup, no sugar, and tons of magnesium.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    Cbean08 wrote: »
    24dmdutq64zt.jpg

Quest Peanut Butter Cookie. This one is really, really good! Much better than the chocolate chip one. You can kind of see the texture of this one and it looks a lot more cookie like than the protein bar consistency. You can also see how big these things are. I'd say it's a little bigger than Subway cookie, and definitely thicker. They don't have a strong protein powder taste to me.

That is A LOT thicker than the flat little disappointing cookie I got from the labs! I'm happy to see they changed the recipe, I might actually have to try one now! Thanks for the picture and review :)
  • hgycta
    Options
    Tried the new tic tac gum, I thought it was delicious but unfortunately the flavor doesn’t last very long at all. Fun for snacking on with a cool texture, but the little pieces are sort of loud when you initially chew through the shell and may not be very ideal for eating in public unless you want people to look over at you as you pop each piece in (which a serving size is 6 pieces so that adds up to quite a distraction) haha
    whpjuhjuxccs.jpeg
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    While we’re on the topic of cookies, I had a $15 reward from GNC and decided to try one of No Cow’s protein cookies. If you like pea protein, you might like it. Personally, I hate pea protein and this cookie tastes like grass, cinnamon, bitter stevia, and has a texture of soggy cardboard. I’m never buying it again and it was a complete waste of 240 calories. Not filling not satisfying at all. Tolerable when microwaved, awful room temperature.
    hk68aeis7iix.jpeg

I might like it then. I enjoy mixing pea protein super thick and eating it with a spoon like pudding. XD

Is pea protein sweet? What is the carb count like? Never heard of it.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    dsboohead wrote: »
    While we’re on the topic of cookies, I had a $15 reward from GNC and decided to try one of No Cow’s protein cookies. If you like pea protein, you might like it. Personally, I hate pea protein and this cookie tastes like grass, cinnamon, bitter stevia, and has a texture of soggy cardboard. I’m never buying it again and it was a complete waste of 240 calories. Not filling not satisfying at all. Tolerable when microwaved, awful room temperature.
    hk68aeis7iix.jpeg

I might like it then. I enjoy mixing pea protein super thick and eating it with a spoon like pudding. XD

I think you either love or hate it. I cannot stand anything with pea protein like the no cow bars I still get naucous thinking about them lol. It has a very weird pea taste and gritty texture to it. But I know some people seem to like it.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    24dmdutq64zt.jpg

Quest Peanut Butter Cookie. This one is really, really good! Much better than the chocolate chip one. You can kind of see the texture of this one and it looks a lot more cookie like than the protein bar consistency. You can also see how big these things are. I'd say it's a little bigger than Subway cookie, and definitely thicker. They don't have a strong protein powder taste to me.
    Wow they look pretty good thanks for review. Going to buy some tomorrow to try since I have gnc rewards. Still wondering how similar to baked quest bar they are.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    hk68aeis7iix.jpeg

On it’s own, no, it tastes like pasty dirt. I get ones that are mixed with stevia and various flavors.

Currently, I’m using this one that I got free from work. 1 gram carbs per scoop.
    yr3ahcq4wcon.jpeg
  • hgycta
    edited January 2018
    Options
    hk68aeis7iix.jpeg

On it’s own, no, it tastes like pasty dirt. I get ones that are mixed with stevia and various flavors.

Currently, I’m using this one that I got free from work. 1 gram carbs per scoop.
    yr3ahcq4wcon.jpeg

I’ve tried flavored pea protein with stevia and it still tastes like dirt and grass to me, I gag when I have the stuff. The ONLY exception is Orgain for whatever reason, their protein powders and protein bars are made with pea protein but for some reason it’s sort of enjoyable... not something I would choose over anything made without pea protein but if you’re going to try it for your first time I would suggest weaning yourself into it with their stuff

I also noticed this as I was scrolling through my Facebook feed. Optimum Nutrition released new protein almonds... not sure how they’re really different from regular coated almonds but if anyone decides to try them I’d be interested in hearing how they’re different xD
    34ij6ap9n07g.jpeg
  • hanksmom79
    hanksmom79 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Did anyone post about this yet? I can’t believe how good it is! I normally don’t like Hershey’s chocolate (it tastes cheap and waxy) but this was phenomenal! It’s like butterscotch, toffee, and peanut butter. My taste buds are going crazy I’ll definitely be buying it again! Perfectly salty and sweet just wish it was thicker and not so thin
    t6mk0jlsmnyj.jpeg

UGH!! Today is my "back on the wagon" day & you just reminded me I had one in my car that I'd forgotten about. I may have to skip dinner just to make this fit ;)
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited January 2018
    Options
    1/6th of recipe (1 bagel): 127 calories, 2g total fat (0.5g sat fat), 258mg sodium, 22g carbs, 3.5g fiber, 5g sugars, 6g protein

Ingredients:
    3 tbsp. raisins, chopped

1 cup roughly chopped cauliflower or 3/4 cup cauliflower rice

1 cup whole-wheat flour

3/4 cup fat-free plain Greek yogurt

2 tbsp. light butter or light buttery spread, room temperature

2 tsp. baking powder

1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon

1/8 tsp. salt

Half a packet no-calorie sweetener (like Truvia)

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spray a 6-cavity standard donut pan with nonstick spray.

Place chopped raisins in a small bowl, and cover with warm water. Soak until softened, 5 - 10 minutes. Drain excess liquid.

Meanwhile, pulse cauliflower in a food processor until reduced to the consistency of coarse breadcrumbs. (Even if you begin with cauliflower rice, don’t skip this step!)

Place cauliflower crumbs in a large microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave for 2 minutes. Uncover and stir. Re-cover and microwave for another 2 minutes, or until hot and soft.

Transfer to a fine-mesh strainer to drain and cool, about 10 minutes.

Using a clean dish towel (or paper towels), firmly press out as much liquid as possible.

Return cauliflower crumbs to the large bowl. Add drained raisins, flour, yogurt, 1 tbsp. butter, baking powder, 1 tsp. cinnamon, and salt. Thoroughly mix until a dough-like texture is reached.

Evenly distribute dough into the rings of the donut pan (about 1/3 cup each). Use your hands to firmly form and flatten into 6 bagels.

Bake until tops are golden brown and insides are cooked through, 8 - 10 minutes.

In a small microwave-safe bowl, microwave remaining 1 tbsp. butter for 10 seconds, or until melted.

In another small bowl, mix remaining 1/2 tsp. cinnamon with sweetener.

Brush bagels with melted butter, and sprinkle with cinnamon mixture.

I had brunch today at a relative who is doing a whole "no carb" diet for the new year and she made these low calorie bagels. I was surprised they were actually good and when she told me there was cauliflower I couldn't believe it. I had to get recipe and turns out she just got it online lol. Doing a quick google search I found a bunch for everything bagel rolls using the same type of recipe. I would try it but I hate cooking lol. Maybe if I ever decide to do a low carb diet ;P.

I would NOT say they were anything like bagel texture. They were more moist and roll like, but you could easily cut them apart. I was surprised they didn't fall apart. The texture and taste reminded me of those smartbun low calorie buns. I bet more companies will start making actual rolls or bread products with cauliflower.

(not my pic, hers didnt look as pretty lol) pz7xk1dnn9i4.pngnocyk79cnzis.png

• hgycta
    Options
    Went to the vitamin shoppe to try the new red velvet ONE bar but they didn’t have it yet so I decided to try the new Quest cookies. I only got the peanut butter since I didn’t like the ones in Quest Labs (it was flat and tasted just like they baked a regular protein bar, nothing special).
    Fortunately, there is A LOT of improvement with these cookies!!! The top has a sugary crunch to it and it’s much more thick, dense, soft, and chewy. It’s identical to Buff Bake cookies and doesn’t taste like they baked a regular protein bar, definitely a different recipe. I’ll definitely buy it again! Great flavor! You can tell it’s a protein cookie but at least it didn’t taste like a protein bar. I was out so I just had it regular but I bet it would be a lot better microwaved a little!
    0neccqwvwvz4.jpeg
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    jofjltncb6 wrote: »
    My wife finally found the Haagen Dazs Sea Salt Caramel Truffle ice cream last week! There were 10 pints left, so she bought 8 and left 2.

Noticed that the band said "limited" which doesn't bode well for it being available for long.

(And now there is currently just 1 pint left in my freezer. So the quest to find more continues.)

Still no luck here. Probably a good thing.

I need to find more.

Just one pint left in my freezer.

**panic**
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Imperfect Produce

https://www.imperfectproduce.com/home.php

Absolutely obsessed. I've tried a lot of subscriptions and this is the only one I've stuck with.

Finally I just have a surplus of veggies in the house all the time and am constantly figuring out new things to do with them. It has been so good for my health.

Okay, this is kind of amazing.
  • Kalex1975
    Kalex1975 Posts: 427 Member
    Options

I just had the Quest chocolate chip cookie and thought it was delicious. It's just like a soft-baked cookie and had a nice amount of big chocolate chips. I'll definitely need to give the peanut butter flavor a try!
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I tried the peanut butter quest cookie and I liked the texture but to me it tasted artificial. I don't like quest bars so I thought I would try the cookie but it's not to be. I still have the double chocolate and oatmeal raisin to try.