New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    haleyrhart wrote: »
    Organic Valley ghee butter. No lactose, shelf stable and a lot less sugar than traditional cow butter. Ooh and creamy too.

I don’t know if all ghee butter tastes the same or not (I’ve only recently discovered it myself) but the samples of it I tried from 4th and heart were amazing! They sent me their california garlic, original, and vanilla ghee on the go pouches to try and I can’t believe how much creamier and rich it is than butter! I was always skeptical of trying bulletproof coffee but I made some for myself using a cup of regular coffee blended with a tablespoon of coconut oil and a tablespoon of ghee, it turned out very well! 4th and heart also has a coffee ghee butter I noticed on amazon with good reviews that is relatively new, I’m sort of tempted to buy it...
    l11f3144qj17.png

I finally tried my first Waffle Waffle... WOAH this thing is sweet! It tastes like the cupcake pancakes at IHOP inside one tiny little waffle, the thing has buttercream icing literally infused in it! Way too sweet for my dad but being the sugar heathen I am I gobbled the entire thing up. 300 calories for a small serving, but worth every bite! Has anyone tried the red velvet flavor? I seriously need to find it now...
    dwluhdg6rzxe.jpeg

Where'd you find the Waffle?

I actually saw something on their Facebook page a couple months ago about a Taste and Innovation Panel and applied for it. Prior to this, I never tried any of their stuff although I've always seen and heard about it and wanted to (just been really cheap I guess). I was accepted into the panel and got sent this as my welcome package along with a maple flavored waffle and T-Shirt... hopefully in the near future they'll send more exciting test flavors, but my ultimate goal is to use this opportunity to provide feedback persisting for a cotton candy flavored waffle XD Goals.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    So I went to Dunkin Donuts after finding out about their new Buttery Toffee Nut flavored swirl and got it in a latte with Whole Milk. PHENOMENAL. Very sweet and salty, next time I’ll ask them to add chocolate and caramel drizzle to make it taste like the salted caramel mocha at Starbucks ;)

Also noticed a couple strange things in Wegmans today. First, what the heck is spreadable maple cream? Has anyone used this stuff? Is it for bread or do people actually use this stuff on pancakes in place of syrup?
    wt94vt694xbb.jpeg

This also caught my eye. Pretty pricey so I didn’t buy it yet but I wonder if anyone else here tried it? Looks like halo top and enlightened have yet another competitor, though it looks dairy free. The calories are a little higher though, but the vanilla was 100 per serving and 400 per pint. I praise them for not using pea protein though, so I might go back...
    y16930w03axj.jpeg

Lastly, I caved and bought this on Amazon. This ghee butter is AMAZING. It tastes like a coffee infused Nutella. 5/5!
    w3j6kdqrcfw4.jpeg
    ncrap0h04pru.jpeg

Maple cream is the bomb!

• AMaverickRenegade
    AMaverickRenegade Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have tried two of the Caulipower pizzas and liked them a lot. The crust was nice and crisp. I used a pizza stone to bake them and I think that helped. The cheese is good and plentiful. There wasn't much sauce, but I like that aspect.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Also those slim bagels have 13g protein for 60 calories without egg whites as ingredients?? Not buying it with these ingredients...guarantee there will be a lawsuit about inaccurate claims against them soon lol 8h5ushdqohmv.jpg
    Toasted for extra long today and was a little better but would not buy again.
  • hgycta
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    So I went to Dunkin Donuts after finding out about their new Buttery Toffee Nut flavored swirl and got it in a latte with Whole Milk. PHENOMENAL. Very sweet and salty, next time I’ll ask them to add chocolate and caramel drizzle to make it taste like the salted caramel mocha at Starbucks ;)

Also noticed a couple strange things in Wegmans today. First, what the heck is spreadable maple cream? Has anyone used this stuff? Is it for bread or do people actually use this stuff on pancakes in place of syrup?
    wt94vt694xbb.jpeg

This also caught my eye. Pretty pricey so I didn’t buy it yet but I wonder if anyone else here tried it? Looks like halo top and enlightened have yet another competitor, though it looks dairy free. The calories are a little higher though, but the vanilla was 100 per serving and 400 per pint. I praise them for not using pea protein though, so I might go back...
    y16930w03axj.jpeg

Lastly, I caved and bought this on Amazon. This ghee butter is AMAZING. It tastes like a coffee infused Nutella. 5/5!
    w3j6kdqrcfw4.jpeg
    ncrap0h04pru.jpeg

Maple cream is the bomb!

Do you use it as a substitute for butter or syrup? Like, should I use it as butter on my pancakes before the syrup or in place of the syrup? Do I use it as butter on toast for a more mapley flavor or would that not work? I'm so confused by this concept lol are there other brands selling this stuff? I've never heard of it before!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »

wt94vt694xbb.jpeg

y16930w03axj.jpeg

w3j6kdqrcfw4.jpeg
    ncrap0h04pru.jpeg

Maple cream is the bomb!

Do you use it as a substitute for butter or syrup? Like, should I use it as butter on my pancakes before the syrup or in place of the syrup? Do I use it as butter on toast for a more mapley flavor or would that not work? I'm so confused by this concept lol are there other brands selling this stuff? I've never heard of it before!
    I use it in place of both it is DELICIOUS! I like to spread it on bagels and muffins too lol.
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    haleyrhart wrote: »
    Organic Valley ghee butter. No lactose, shelf stable and a lot less sugar than traditional cow butter. Ooh and creamy too.

I don’t know if all ghee butter tastes the same or not (I’ve only recently discovered it myself) but the samples of it I tried from 4th and heart were amazing! They sent me their california garlic, original, and vanilla ghee on the go pouches to try and I can’t believe how much creamier and rich it is than butter! I was always skeptical of trying bulletproof coffee but I made some for myself using a cup of regular coffee blended with a tablespoon of coconut oil and a tablespoon of ghee, it turned out very well! 4th and heart also has a coffee ghee butter I noticed on amazon with good reviews that is relatively new, I’m sort of tempted to buy it...
    l11f3144qj17.png

I finally tried my first Waffle Waffle... WOAH this thing is sweet! It tastes like the cupcake pancakes at IHOP inside one tiny little waffle, the thing has buttercream icing literally infused in it! Way too sweet for my dad but being the sugar heathen I am I gobbled the entire thing up. 300 calories for a small serving, but worth every bite! Has anyone tried the red velvet flavor? I seriously need to find it now...
    dwluhdg6rzxe.jpeg

Where'd you find the Waffle?

I buy Waffle Waffle at Walmart. They have them boxed in packs of 4 in the regular isles and they also have some in the frozen food section. They have all three flavors, Birthday Cake, Strawberry and Cookies and Cream. I haven't bought in a couple of months but I think they should still have them. At least my store does.
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Has anyone bought the International Delight yogurts at other stores or are they an exclusive to Shop Rite?

I still have never found this either

Marie-Callenders-Chocolate-Chip-Cookie-Dough-Cream-Pie.jpg?resize=599%2C522&ssl=1

I've bought International Delights yogurt at Meijer stores here. I'm not sure if you have those.
  • Strawblackcat
    Strawblackcat Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    @hgycta

Maple butter is awesome! I use it as a spread, like you would peanut butter or jam. I often will pour the little bit of liquid on the top off and use it like maple syrup, though.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    I didnt like the quest PB cookie .. I saw so many great reviews maybe mine was flawed lol. I'll try the double chocolate tonight.
  • hgycta
    Options
    Not a whole lot of filling in any of these Buff Bake cookies but it tastes just like Nutter Butter cookies I’m in love!!!! These cookies rock and so far none of the flavors I’ve tried tastes artificial or even like protein. These things are dangerous, if there were more than four in a pack I wouldn’t stop haha excellent flavor and amazing texture! Wish they were more filling but I’ll keep buying them as snacks!
    gsg86pb89olc.jpeg
    by9yjqvqutv2.jpeg
    xcb6qykl7fbz.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Not a whole lot of filling in any of these Buff Bake cookies but it tastes just like Nutter Butter cookies I’m in love!!!! These cookies rock and so far none of the flavors I’ve tried tastes artificial or even like protein. These things are dangerous, if there were more than four in a pack I wouldn’t stop haha excellent flavor and amazing texture! Wish they were more filling but I’ll keep buying them as snacks!
    gsg86pb89olc.jpeg
    by9yjqvqutv2.jpeg
    xcb6qykl7fbz.jpeg

Nutter butters are my favorite too bad they didn’t have these at my gnc I must try
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,337 Member
    Options
    Those olives look tasty. It was on one of these threads that I learned about powdered peanut butter & got hooked. It was so helpful. I notice most of the new products are sweet. Is that because most ppl need low cal sweets more than the salty ones? I'm more of a salty person, but I did try a recipe from Skinny taste called chocolate cheesecake bites/cups that are really good & rich and I left off the chocolate shavings so they come out to 58 cal each. I need 2 to satisfy, but they really do
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    gsg86pb89olc.jpeg
    by9yjqvqutv2.jpeg
    xcb6qykl7fbz.jpeg

Now that's cookies.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    I didnt like the quest PB cookie .. I saw so many great reviews maybe mine was flawed lol. I'll try the double chocolate tonight.

update I don't like the double chocolate either macros & texture are great but lenny & larry's taste 1,000 xs better imo
  • JenniferOBX14
    JenniferOBX14 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Oreo has a red velvet flavor coming out the first week of February for Valentine's day. I'd try it.

I saw Oreo red hot cinnamon at Target yesterday. I am more partial to lemon or heads or tails oreos.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Oreo has a red velvet flavor coming out the first week of February for Valentine's day. I'd try it.

I saw Oreo red hot cinnamon at Target yesterday. I am more partial to lemon or heads or tails oreos.

I LOVEE the red velvet Oreos. Not a huge red velvet fan but it’s one of my favorite Oreo flavors.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    Been on a cereal kick lately so bought these over the weekend. Tried them yesterday. 7s6m6k8xpauw.jpeg. Not very good. The base o’s were really hard and I had to let them sit in milk a long time because I hate when cereal is super hard. They reminded me of kashi heart os which I never liked much. The one thing I did like was the dried mango pieces but nothing special. I’d rather just add my own dried fruit to a better base cereal. Would of been better if they were the light texture of Cheerios. Wouldn’t buy again 2/10. bdb28a3yhbsw.jpeg
  • hgycta
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Not sure if this is a regular product they sell or not yet, but Waffle Waffle also sent me stroopwaffles (one unlabelled which I'm assuming is regular, the other brownie batter). I'm not normally a stroopwaffle person but as far as they go I'm very impressed and enjoyed them. They were both very sweet and full of flavor. I expected to like the brownie batter one more but it was actually too chocolatey for me and I preferred the more balanced regular flavor since it had nice hints of graham and caramel. They nailed them, but like everything else I've tried from Waffle Waffle so far, it's VERY sugary! Definitely for those (like me) with a massive sweet tooth!
    1 Stroopwaffle: 150 calories; 6g fat, 23g carbs, 10g sugar, 1g protein
    4zug7yrh6i8z.jpeg