New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    I got this email today from netrition.com... has anyone seen, heard of, or tried these wraps before!?! I don’t know how I feel about them!!!
    cr2f9vgpwjsf.png

I love them! I used to buy them all the time a few years ago. They are pretty good. I really like the carrot and tomato. They are really good to use for making your own veggie type wraps. I liked to use to make hummus veggie wraps or turkey veggie wraps. They hold together pretty well.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I refuse to endorse, having seen the marketing blitz, Starkist Chicken. What Charlie Tuna had to do to produce chicken! PC culture has gone too far, I say!
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    I got this email today from netrition.com... has anyone seen, heard of, or tried these wraps before!?! I don’t know how I feel about them!!!
    cr2f9vgpwjsf.png

I love them! I used to buy them all the time a few years ago. They are pretty good. I really like the carrot and tomato. They are really good to use for making your own veggie type wraps. I liked to use to make hummus veggie wraps or turkey veggie wraps. They hold together pretty well.

THANK YOU! I’ve never ever heard about them before, how long have they been out and where did you get them??
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited August 2018
    Options
    cr2f9vgpwjsf.png

THANK YOU! I’ve never ever heard about them before, how long have they been out and where did you get them??

I buy them at wegmans, they have had them for maybe 5ish years. I've found wetting or using a bit of dressing helps to close the sides and I wrap them in tin foil and then just peel down the tin foil. They have a bit of a rubbery texture, but I actually really liked them for the calories. I used them because was wanting a good way to have a wrap and not waste calories on the bread/wrap part. They are not comparable to bread though. Probably the lowest calorie, best tasting "wrap" alternative I've found since I HATE seaweed and rice wraps.

They do get soggy if you leave sitting for hours, but I honestly didn't mind because it made them easier to bite into when I packed for lunch. They have a sweet flavor, which I really like. Definitely worth trying if you like to make veggie wraps, meat wraps, or sushi style things!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    Soooooo I was all ready to pass on the Trader Joe's Neapolitan sandwich cookies when they first came out. The chocolate wafer on the regular Joe Joes wasn't anywhere near my beloved Oreos and I'm not a strawberry filling kind of girl. This is why I passed on the Oreos Strawberry Shortcake cookies.

BUT Trader Joe's was demoing them and not even in a crumbled up over something else kind of way. They were handing out full cookies. And I love free food. So after a slight war waged inside my head, I tried one.

And it was pretty good! The strawberry filling worked with the more bitter chocolate wafer and the other vanilla wafer. And they're good sized cookies too. So now I'll be stuck buying a couple boxes. :)

And I just realized how often I say "so". :)

You saw those yesterday while I was there getting my pizza cheese! I didn't get them but I did pick up a package of the wegmans all chocolate ones. They were demoing these one say and I didn't think I'd like them but I love them!

axhlsnjyna1v.jpg

rugp4uf08mc1.jpg

Those chocolate filled W-Os are my absolute favorite.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,611 Member
    Options

You saw those yesterday while I was there getting my pizza cheese! I didn't get them but I did pick up a package of the wegmans all chocolate ones. They were demoing these one say and I didn't think I'd like them but I love them!

axhlsnjyna1v.jpg

rugp4uf08mc1.jpg

You'd better get on those. They expire this month!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »

axhlsnjyna1v.jpg

rugp4uf08mc1.jpg

You'd better get on those. They expire this month!

W'os are great, I just wish they would branch out and make more flavors like birthday cake, etc to rival oreos. Cannot beat the price at only 1.50 a package.
  • strongerbytheday
    strongerbytheday Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I picked up some new goodies to try. I pre-logged
    the Talenti Sicilian Pistachio Gelato, for after dinner tonight!
    ecsjkgyge1it.jpeg
    wgj5l193dzyf.jpeg
    kpq38ircx3ug.jpeg
    48ogmwtykydj.jpeg

These are a lot smaller that I imagined and they are not individually wrapped, like I also imagined. They are really good though!!!! It was tough to eat just one. Oreo sized with a little more ice cream than double stuff Oreos. I’m sad that it was gone in 4 bites! But it’s perfect if you just want something small. I can’t wait to try the chocolate version!
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    phbtlvdi0zrt.jpg

Not new, but bought these today. Lemoncello is one of my favorite flavors, so excited to try!
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    ecsjkgyge1it.jpeg
    wgj5l193dzyf.jpeg
    kpq38ircx3ug.jpeg
    48ogmwtykydj.jpeg

These are a lot smaller that I imagined and they are not individually wrapped, like I also imagined. They are really good though!!!! It was tough to eat just one. Oreo sized with a little more ice cream than double stuff Oreos. I’m sad that it was gone in 4 bites! But it’s perfect if you just want something small. I can’t wait to try the chocolate version!

How many calories for that sad little guy?
  • strongerbytheday
    strongerbytheday Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    ecsjkgyge1it.jpeg
    wgj5l193dzyf.jpeg
    kpq38ircx3ug.jpeg
    48ogmwtykydj.jpeg

60 calories
  • Ruatine
    Ruatine Posts: 3,424 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    Not new, but I am so excited. The HEB I shop at most frequently started carrying Enlightened pints and Breyer’s Delights. I picked up these two:

rppve4voynnk.jpeg

I’ll get to compare the chocolate pb to the Archer Farms pint I just finished.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »
    ecsjkgyge1it.jpeg
    wgj5l193dzyf.jpeg
    kpq38ircx3ug.jpeg
    48ogmwtykydj.jpeg

60 calories

60 isn't bad,I just get frustrated when something is tiny yet still high in cals
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Ruatine wrote: »
    Not new, but I am so excited. The HEB I shop at most frequently started carrying Enlightened pints and Breyer’s Delights. I picked up these two:

rppve4voynnk.jpeg

I like the movie night but damn I really want the chocolate pb and havent been able to locate it
  • hgycta
    Options
    Ruatine wrote: »

rppve4voynnk.jpeg

Enlightened’s chocolate peanut butter > every other low calorie ice cream pint out there
    Enjoy every second and be prepared to experience peanut butter paradise! ;) I wasn’t crazy about the movie night honestly, but a lot of people seem to like it!
  • jenn_zimm
    jenn_zimm Posts: 57 Member
    Options

Enlightened’s chocolate peanut butter > every other low calorie ice cream pint out there
    Enjoy every second and be prepared to experience peanut butter paradise! ;) I wasn’t crazy about the movie night honestly, but a lot of people seem to like it!

TOTALLY agree about the chocolate PB...by far the best low-cal ice cream around. i liked the movie night, but it is a little weird.
  • DamienAngelica
    DamienAngelica Posts: 281 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    The Enlightened chocolate peanut butter is amazing! It's my second favorite flavor of the low cal ice creams, followed closely by their red velvet. Halo Top's caramel macchiato is my first favorite.
  • hgycta
    edited August 2018
    Options
    The Enlightened chocolate peanut butter is amazing! It's my second favorite flavor of the low cal ice creams, followed closely by their red velvet. Halo Top's caramel macchiato is my first favorite.

YES. Enlightened’s chocolate peanut butter and red velvet pints and also Halo Top’s caramel macchiato pints are my FAVORITE. I also love Enlightened’s cookies & cream pint, it sounds like we have similar taste so if you haven’t tried that one yet you should! ;) same with the Arctic Zero toffee light ice cream (if you can find it, I never can)!!