New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Sallyw2004 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    I got this email from Flapjacked today for their variety pack, I might do it! Has anyone seen or tried any of these flavors yet?
    43w1q32xchik.jpeg

Thanks for the link! I’m a fan of Kodiak pancake mixes and their frozen power waffles. I’ve had my eye on these for a while, but have never tried them. I’m going to give them a try. I’m going to be on the lookout for the Kodiak brownie cups that someone posted too!

I came close to buying them but there's pea protein in a couple of them and that doesn't usually go over well?

I came so close to being taken in by the price and the FREE SHIPPING that I don't know what to do now. :)
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Not new but new to me the Enlightened red velvet! I always avoided it cuz I wanted the ones with some chunks so would buy those but decided to try this today and omg it's amazing and I'm in love <3
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited August 2018
    Options
    shira324 wrote: »
    I just placed ANOTHER $40 order from Kodiak Cakes. I'm addicted, I can't help it. Their protein brownie cups are everything. Seriously, totally worth 290 calories.

cgfr356pzm2w.jpg

If you love brownies that much, seriously, try the chocolate fudge brownies by Simply Scrumptous, I spend $100 twice a year indulging on their peanut butter/chocolate brownie variety pack, chocolate cupcakes, and coffee cake variety. Their brownies are unbeatable though, and hands down the most indulgent, sweet, moist 80 calories you’ll ever spend! Not a protein product, but super easy to fit in to your diary! (I buy directly from Simply Scrumptous because I know I love them, but I found out about them through Linda's Diet Delites website, which sells them individually)

Also, for those who like cheesecake, I went back to walmart for more of those lava cakes and saw this. Not low calorie by any means (330 calories for a small cheesecake) but it’s better than having a full slice and will definitely satisfy that cheesecake craving! It did for me, at least. I still prefer the lava cake more because I’m a complete chocoholic, but it was nice to try for a change!
    nzglaa80dy6w.jpeg
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    shira324 wrote: »
    I just placed ANOTHER $40 order from Kodiak Cakes. I'm addicted, I can't help it. Their protein brownie cups are everything. Seriously, totally worth 290 calories.

cgfr356pzm2w.jpg

If you love brownies that much, seriously, try the chocolate fudge brownies by Simply Scrumptous, I spend $100 twice a year indulging on their peanut butter/chocolate brownie variety pack, chocolate cupcakes, and coffee cake variety. Their brownies are unbeatable though, and hands down the most indulgent, sweet, moist 80 calories you’ll ever spend! Not a protein product, but super easy to fit in to your diary! (I buy directly from Simply Scrumptous because I know I love them, but I found out about them through Linda's Diet Delites website, which sells them individually)

Also, for those who like cheesecake, I went back to walmart for more of those lava cakes and saw this. Not low calorie by any means (330 calories for a small cheesecake) but it’s better than having a full slice and will definitely satisfy that cheesecake craving! It did for me, at least. I still prefer the lava cake more because I’m a complete chocoholic, but it was nice to try for a change!
    nzglaa80dy6w.jpeg

All this brownie and cheesecake talk gosh I dont have the self control to eat one brownie or cheesecake it's been forever since I had either
  • shira324
    shira324 Posts: 156 Member
    Options

All this brownie and cheesecake talk gosh I dont have the self control to eat one brownie or cheesecake it's been forever since I had either

Self-control is a big issue for me too. That's why I love the brownie cups, they're individual portions! On the rare occasions when I do bake a whole batch of brownies, I will cut them up in the the correct portions, individually wrap each one, and immediately put them in the freezer. Then I have brownies ready to go whenever I want one!

Also - I've searched and searched and never found the Kodiak brownies in stores. I can find all the muffin and flapjack cups, but not the brownies, oatmeal or cornbread. That's why I order online. They have free shipping if you get up to $35 (which is not tough to do.) :-)
  • hgycta
    Options
    @hgycta you know this made me think of you!!!

kq1ikqkho0tw.png

I would happily drink a week’s worth of calories on this if I knew I could live with myself afterwards xD
  • vnb_208
    Options
    @hgycta you know this made me think of you!!!

kq1ikqkho0tw.png

I would happily drink a week’s worth of calories on this if I knew I could live with myself afterwards xD

DARN I WAS HOPING FOR THE OTHER FLAVORS (pecan bourbon cheesecake or baklava) but I could still eat this without a problem :D
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Wonder if these are similar to clif zbar original formula bars o03os1pfkzyz.png same flavors too and the stats and ingredients look almost identical
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Wonder if these are similar to clif zbar original formula bars o03os1pfkzyz.png same flavors too and the stats and ingredients look almost identical

Oooo interesting.

I just actually accidentally bought an 18(?) bar box of the clif zbar chocolate chip from trader joe's since I'd run out. I wasn't planning on buying the new formula bars because that 140 calories is soooooo close to 150 calories but I was really happy to find a good price on them that I forget to check the calories. :)

I'm not completely sure what they changed but I like the new version. They seem a bit softer and taste a little less gritty.

I also tried the clif kids peanut butter filled bar which was good but smaller (obviously) than the zbars and I'm not a huge fan of the full on chocolate covering the peanut butter so probably won't buy again.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited August 2018
    Options
    @glassyo they seem like a super soft version of their regular bars now. They used to be more cookie like. I still like them now(chocolate brownie new recipe is the best out of all I’ve had) but really preferred the more baked good vs dense clif bar texture.

Remember how I didn’t get my ice cream because shipping issue? Well icecreamsource apologized for issue with delivery and sent me 5 free! I loved loved the pb and j! It has a strong peanut butter base with strawberry swirls. I thought it really tasted like pb and j. I’m a huge fan of pb and j flavor, so I really enjoyed it. I’m surprised some of you didn’t think it was that good! Didn’t really taste any cannoli bites though.

It did have a certain super sweet, almost bitter, stevia like taste. Maybe that’s why some didn’t like, but I love that taste.
    zayycfbthvhk.jpeg
    0sz3tcslhxjb.jpeg
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    So I picked up my free Coconut Bliss pint today. It was a toss up between Chocolate Peanut Butter and Cherry Amaretto, and I went with Cherry. Kinda wish I'd gone with CPB. It's not that the cherry is BAD per se --it's just very plain. It tastes like vanilla and has very sparse cherry bits throughout. I only had a small bite, though, so maybe my mind will change once I really dive in.
  • vnb_208
    Options
    So I picked up my free Coconut Bliss pint today. It was a toss up between Chocolate Peanut Butter and Cherry Amaretto, and I went with Cherry. Kinda wish I'd gone with CPB. It's not that the cherry is BAD per se --it's just very plain. It tastes like vanilla and has very sparse cherry bits throughout. I only had a small bite, though, so maybe my mind will change once I really dive in.

They agreed to send me a coupon to ! Thanks for letting me know
  • vnb_208
    Options
    @glassyo they seem like a super soft version of their regular bars now. They used to be more cookie like. I still like them now(chocolate brownie new recipe is the best out of all I’ve had) but really preferred the more baked good vs dense clif bar texture.

Remember how I didn’t get my ice cream because shipping issue? Well icecreamsource apologized for issue with delivery and sent me 5 free! I loved loved the pb and j! It has a strong peanut butter base with strawberry swirls. I thought it really tasted like pb and j. I’m a huge fan of pb and j flavor, so I really enjoyed it. I’m surprised some of you didn’t think it was that good! Didn’t really taste any cannoli bites though.

It did have a certain super sweet, almost bitter, stevia like taste. Maybe that’s why some didn’t like, but I love that taste.
    zayycfbthvhk.jpeg
    0sz3tcslhxjb.jpeg

Holy crap 5 as many times as I complained and I got one lol
  • hgycta
    Options

zayycfbthvhk.jpeg
    0sz3tcslhxjb.jpeg

Yay, I'm glad it finally came for you!!! Personally I hate the bitter flavor of stevia but didn't notice it at all in this pint, so I'm surprised you even noticed! I wasn't a huge fan because I was hoping for a more peanut butter flavor or swirls throughout of it, but it was more geared towards the jelly market. I've always been one to put A LOT of peanut butter on BOTH sides of my bread and very little jelly in between, this tasted like a regular amount of peanut butter on one side and a normal amount of jelly on another. So did they implement it well? Absolutely. Just not for the peanut butter lover's out there!
    As for the cannoli bits, when I focused I did notice them more. Very, very small and insignificant, but there in very tiny sizes. I think it was more to add the texture element of soft bread than anything, but the pint would've been better off without it since that would've lowered the calories for something not even worth it in my opinion. Save those calories for more peanut butter!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options

zayycfbthvhk.jpeg
    0sz3tcslhxjb.jpeg

Yay, I'm glad it finally came for you!!! Personally I hate the bitter flavor of stevia but didn't notice it at all in this pint, so I'm surprised you even noticed! I wasn't a huge fan because I was hoping for a more peanut butter flavor or swirls throughout of it, but it was more geared towards the jelly market. I've always been one to put A LOT of peanut butter on BOTH sides of my bread and very little jelly in between, this tasted like a regular amount of peanut butter on one side and a normal amount of jelly on another. So did they implement it well? Absolutely. Just not for the peanut butter lover's out there!
    As for the cannoli bits, when I focused I did notice them more. Very, very small and insignificant, but there in very tiny sizes. I think it was more to add the texture element of soft bread than anything, but the pint would've been better off without it since that would've lowered the calories for something not even worth it in my opinion. Save those calories for more peanut butter!

I was so surprised because I was so bummed and thought I would never get it. Haha, that is too funny! I've always been one to put an equal ratio of peanut butter to jelly, perhaps even more jelly than pb. I love a lot of jelly, so this really tasted like a peanut butter and jelly to me. (Even uncrustables have too much pb:jelly for my liking) I tasted a really strong peanut butter flavor that reminded me of goobers peanut butter and jelly in one combo they sell. I wasn't expecting much peanut butter, but maybe my expectations were set low after reading your review and not envisioning much pb, LOL.

I agree, the cannoli bites added a "bread" flavor, but I was expecting nice big chunks of cannoli so I was digging around and very sad I couldn't find any, haha. I agree, they didn't add much and could have easily done without it and added more pb swirls. There were no swirls, just base pb flavor.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options

vnb_208 wrote: »

They agreed to send me a coupon to ! Thanks for letting me know

Any time! :) They sent it out super quick too. You'll have to let us know which one you choose and how you like it :)
  • vnb_208
    edited August 2018
    Options

zayycfbthvhk.jpeg
    0sz3tcslhxjb.jpeg

I was so surprised because I was so bummed and thought I would never get it. Haha, that is too funny! I've always been one to put an equal ratio of peanut butter to jelly, perhaps even more jelly than pb. I love a lot of jelly, so this really tasted like a peanut butter and jelly to me. (Even uncrustables have too much pb:jelly for my liking) I tasted a really strong peanut butter flavor that reminded me of goobers peanut butter and jelly in one combo they sell. I wasn't expecting much peanut butter, but maybe my expectations were set low after reading your review and not envisioning much pb, LOL.

I agree, the cannoli bites added a "bread" flavor, but I was expecting nice big chunks of cannoli so I was digging around and very sad I couldn't find any, haha. I agree, they didn't add much and could have easily done without it and added more pb swirls. There were no swirls, just base pb flavor.

I ddint even notice the cannoli bits 😂😂😂 now that you both say it now I recall eating them last night !! Def needed more PB for me