New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    I still find it hard to believe these bagels are only 35 calories for the size of them. I’ve had before and reviewed but I really do like the everything bagels although they are no sub for a real bagel lol. I think of more as like a bun. But the cookies are a new recipe, I remember @hgycta saying they were different. They are a bit smaller now and the texture is completely different. I still like them but the old recipe was better. I wish these were cheaper because they aren’t something I would spend so much money on regularly. kub0o7pvnfx4.jpeg
    xw08z166rwzj.jpeg
    955sux2781ri.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited December 2018
    Options
    crazyravr wrote: »
    I still find it hard to believe these bagels are only 35 calories for the size of them. I’ve had before and reviewed but I really do like the everything bagels although they are no sub for a real bagel lol. I think of more as like a bun. But the cookies are a new recipe, I remember @hgycta saying they were different. They are a bit smaller now and the texture is completely different. I still like them but the old recipe was better. I wish these were cheaper because they aren’t something I would spend so much money on regularly.

35cal for this? Not a chance. Not at all. Have a look here.
    Bagels

Nutritional Facts: Calories: 100, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 0, Sodium: 180mg, Carbohydrates: 16g, Fiber: 14g, Sugars: 0g, Carbs: 2g, Protein: 14g

Ingredients: wheat protein isolate, vital wheat gluten, oat fiber, modified wheat starch, almond flour, flax seed meal, olive oil, chicory root, high protein patent flour, apple cider vinegar, yeast, salt, stevia.

Yeah I count them as like 100 because there is no way they have 35 calories lol. Those are different than these ones though. On their website they have ones for 100 ( https://www.thinslimfoods.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=33&zenid=ig8r2afg3a3ln7blt0ijkjtt00 ) and then the 35 calorie ones https://www.thinslimfoods.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=30&zenid=ig8r2afg3a3ln7blt0ijkjtt00

I still don’t buy it though..
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    I still find it hard to believe these bagels are only 35 calories for the size of them. I’ve had before and reviewed but I really do like the everything bagels although they are no sub for a real bagel lol. I think of more as like a bun. But the cookies are a new recipe, I remember @hgycta saying they were different. They are a bit smaller now and the texture is completely different. I still like them but the old recipe was better. I wish these were cheaper because they aren’t something I would spend so much money on regularly.

35cal for this? Not a chance. Not at all. Have a look here.
    Bagels

Nutritional Facts: Calories: 100, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 0, Sodium: 180mg, Carbohydrates: 16g, Fiber: 14g, Sugars: 0g, Carbs: 2g, Protein: 14g

Ingredients: wheat protein isolate, vital wheat gluten, oat fiber, modified wheat starch, almond flour, flax seed meal, olive oil, chicory root, high protein patent flour, apple cider vinegar, yeast, salt, stevia.

Yeah I count them as like 100 because there is no way they have 35 calories lol. Those are different than these ones though. On their website they have ones for 100 ( https://www.thinslimfoods.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=33&zenid=ig8r2afg3a3ln7blt0ijkjtt00 ) and then the 35 calorie ones https://www.thinslimfoods.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=30&zenid=ig8r2afg3a3ln7blt0ijkjtt00

I still don’t buy it though..

How much do they weigh though? I mean, it's 35 calories for 1.5oz, is there any way those big bagels are actually so light? Even then though.. that's the weight of bagel thins and they are still 100 calories.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    BDonjon wrote: »
    I've been eyeing the Aldi protein powder. I'm tempted to buy it and try it, but a voice in my head keeps telling me to stay away.

It's gross, stay away.
  • kaosvarkas
    kaosvarkas Posts: 46 Member
    Options

Anyone ever try their bars?

I had some of their bars before. Very good but expensive.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    w1rrqvkaefnm.jpeg
  • asonrody
    asonrody Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I second weighing the bagels. The 90 calorie bagels have oat fiber listed in the ingredients but the 35 calories bagels don't which is pretty weird.
  • Idontcareyoupick
    Idontcareyoupick Posts: 2,827 Member
    Options
    https://www.nightfoodicecream.com?kid=TNC7B

Coupon for the pint when it comes out
  • ncgirl8
    ncgirl8 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth, I ate a ton of thinslim products for years and never had issues with gain. That said, I started having stomach issues - they said they didn't change the formula, so I'm just guessing my body objected to...something. I was their postergirl for a long time (not really, but I think I could have been!).
  • erjones11
    erjones11 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I tired them as well. For some reason they made me dizzy and a bit nauseous. It did not matter if it was a cookie, bagel or other bread product from them. So I must be allergic to something in them. I ended up getting rid of what I had left and now avoid them.
    ncgirl8 wrote: »
    For what it's worth, I ate a ton of thinslim products for years and never had issues with gain. That said, I started having stomach issues - they said they didn't change the formula, so I'm just guessing my body objected to...something. I was their postergirl for a long time (not really, but I think I could have been!).

• pooglecutie
    pooglecutie Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I still find it hard to believe these bagels are only 35 calories for the size of them. I’ve had before and reviewed but I really do like the everything bagels although they are no sub for a real bagel lol. I think of more as like a bun. But the cookies are a new recipe, I remember @hgycta saying they were different. They are a bit smaller now and the texture is completely different. I still like them but the old recipe was better. I wish these were cheaper because they aren’t something I would spend so much money on regularly. kub0o7pvnfx4.jpeg
    xw08z166rwzj.jpeg
    955sux2781ri.jpeg

I won’t even order the new glazed cookies anymore, honestly I think the new formula is disgusting compared to the old one :/ but, like @ncgirl8 said I ate them for a WHILE and never gained weight so I trust the labels, as long as you weigh it! On the other hand, my favorites by simply scrumptous seemed to always make me gain weight for some reason....

Today I did a side by side comparison of the Dough Bar Doughnuts so I could more definitively say whether or not I like the new gluten free doughnuts more. I’m not sure now! I like how the texture is a lot lighter more like a real doughnut, and it has more of a sweet buttery taste compared to the original formula’s hint of cinnamon/wheat flavor, but the original formula has less of an aftertaste/afterfeel. There is a SLIGHT mushy mouthfeel with the gluten free ones after you chew it for a while, but it’s not as bad as I’ve felt with smart cakes or anything. I’ll probably still wind up ordering both in the future during the sales!
    lc212ualyf2j.jpeg
    5gf06n1xvpj7.jpeg
    u78ghinb8bdr.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    I weighed two today and one bagel was 1.3oz (so a little more) and the other was 1.2oz so it seems like they are pretty accurate in weight. They are VERY airy and light like a roll more than a dense bagel in texture. I do wish they were cheaper because I like the everything bagels, but at this price I can only afford occasionally. They really need to bring them to commercial grocery stores because the shipping is ridiculous too.

I ate 4 of the muffins last night and YIKES. I wish I read the warnings before, lol. Will never eat so many of their products at once. The blueberry muffin was disgusting, but the banana, vanilla, and chocolate were really good. Blueberry tasted like artificial chemicals with no hint of blueberry at all. At 2.50 a muffin, I won't be buying again though unless they have major sales lol.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    @hgycta

Did you try this yet?

Chobani-Gimmies-Poppin-Cotton-Candy-and-Rainbow-Sprinkle-Cone-Yogurt-Crunch.jpg?resize=550%2C550&ssl=1
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    logiatype wrote: »
    azwfy8sox1rp.jpeg
    m70oabfa1yiv.jpeg
    2tjk9rtz4j0k.jpeg
    Wow these were FANTASTIC! Now this is a snickerdoodle. Really tasted like a super soft mom made snickerdoodle. 10000x better than Lenny and Larry, only 220 for the whole cookie and was a pretty good size. A little *kitten* than Lenny and Larry 2oz. Although they aren’t proteinncookies maybe that is why they are so good.

Chocolate chip was awesome too with huge chunks. Oatmeal raisin was delicious too. It was super soft and sweet and tasted like brown sugar.

I definitely will be having these instead of my usual Lenny and Larry for awhile.

OK. Just got these and all I can say is:

AMAZING!

Once I get through all my protein cookies/bars/Christmas snacks I want to try these Zac Brown cookies.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I would try the thinslim products but come on, in Canada $12 for 6 "bagels" and the same for a package of pasta? Nope. Not that rich.

I know! I was shocked.

• logiatype
    logiatype Posts: 110 Member
    Options

Once I get through all my protein cookies/bars/Christmas snacks I want to try these Zac Brown cookies.

So I was kicking myself for ordering too early and missing out on the coupon but I will be buying these at this price no questions asked.
    Fairly sure he's resorting to some wizard-craft or sold his soul to the devil cos they are better than any store bought cookies (and some bakery bought) I've had despite being gluten free + vegan!

I don't even bother to microwave them they are so soft and moist. Just got through the snickerdoodle ones and am excited to try the other two flavors in the coming days :smiley:
  • pooglecutie
    pooglecutie Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    @hgycta

Did you try this yet?

Chobani-Gimmies-Poppin-Cotton-Candy-and-Rainbow-Sprinkle-Cone-Yogurt-Crunch.jpg?resize=550%2C550&ssl=1

NO I HAVENT TRIED THEM YET BUT I WILL BE KEEPING AN EYE OUT FOR THEM!!!!

While I was in wawa though I found one of those Reese’s/Hershey’s bar, so much for them being exclusive to the Hershey Store!
    5jv8hv98xzvc.jpeg

I also found the chocolate peanut butter YooHoos in Walmart, so I guess they’re not only at the dollar general thank goodness!
    wy9r5he6qrtq.jpeg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    This looks good and it has gotten some great reviews. Anyone here try them yet? I may pick them up to try this weekend if I go.... although they look as though they may be so good I will end up eating the whole bag lol. My weakness is sweet/salty goodness. ips1mttb1kt1.png

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    Options
    I was so glad those weren't gluten free because they'd be dangerous to me. Toffee and pretzels are two weaknesses of mine.