New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• josette06
    josette06 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    On Instagram someone found the new Snickers Maple bar at Walmart.

Creamy_SNICKERS_Singles_Open_Bars.png

Out of all three new bars I want to try the Maple & maybe the Almond.

I know Snickers has peanut butter squared but I want to try the peanut butter one.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    josette06 wrote: »

I know Snickers has peanut butter squared but I want to try the peanut butter one.

I just got the maple in my stocking so I will be trying!! I wonder how the peanut butter is any different from peanut butter squared. Maybe a lot more pb.
  • josette06
    josette06 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    josette06 wrote: »

I just got the maple in my stocking so I will be trying!! I wonder how the peanut butter is any different from peanut butter squared. Maybe a lot more pb.

More pb would be the best thing ever. 😍
  • vegmebuff
    vegmebuff Posts: 31,389 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »
    I still find it hard to believe these bagels are only 35 calories for the size of them. I’ve had before and reviewed but I really do like the everything bagels although they are no sub for a real bagel lol. I think of more as like a bun. But the cookies are a new recipe, I remember @hgycta saying they were different. They are a bit smaller now and the texture is completely different. I still like them but the old recipe was better. I wish these were cheaper because they aren’t something I would spend so much money on regularly.

35cal for this? Not a chance. Not at all. Have a look here.
    Bagels

Nutritional Facts: Calories: 100, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 0, Sodium: 180mg, Carbohydrates: 16g, Fiber: 14g, Sugars: 0g, Carbs: 2g, Protein: 14g

Ingredients: wheat protein isolate, vital wheat gluten, oat fiber, modified wheat starch, almond flour, flax seed meal, olive oil, chicory root, high protein patent flour, apple cider vinegar, yeast, salt, stevia.

Yeah I count them as like 100 because there is no way they have 35 calories lol. Those are different than these ones though. On their website they have ones for 100 ( https://www.thinslimfoods.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=33&zenid=ig8r2afg3a3ln7blt0ijkjtt00 ) and then the 35 calorie ones https://www.thinslimfoods.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=30&zenid=ig8r2afg3a3ln7blt0ijkjtt00

I still don’t buy it though..

How much do they weigh though? I mean, it's 35 calories for 1.5oz, is there any way those big bagels are actually so light? Even then though.. that's the weight of bagel thins and they are still 100 calories.

These are 'love you waist' line...almost half the size of the 90 calorie ones...
    2j3gpy98o5ly.pngayhb79f88a8l.png

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    vegmebuff wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »
    I still find it hard to believe these bagels are only 35 calories for the size of them. I’ve had before and reviewed but I really do like the everything bagels although they are no sub for a real bagel lol. I think of more as like a bun. But the cookies are a new recipe, I remember @hgycta saying they were different. They are a bit smaller now and the texture is completely different. I still like them but the old recipe was better. I wish these were cheaper because they aren’t something I would spend so much money on regularly.

35cal for this? Not a chance. Not at all. Have a look here.
    Bagels

Nutritional Facts: Calories: 100, Fat: 4g, Saturated Fat: 0, Sodium: 180mg, Carbohydrates: 16g, Fiber: 14g, Sugars: 0g, Carbs: 2g, Protein: 14g

Ingredients: wheat protein isolate, vital wheat gluten, oat fiber, modified wheat starch, almond flour, flax seed meal, olive oil, chicory root, high protein patent flour, apple cider vinegar, yeast, salt, stevia.

Yeah I count them as like 100 because there is no way they have 35 calories lol. Those are different than these ones though. On their website they have ones for 100 ( https://www.thinslimfoods.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=33&zenid=ig8r2afg3a3ln7blt0ijkjtt00 ) and then the 35 calorie ones https://www.thinslimfoods.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=30&zenid=ig8r2afg3a3ln7blt0ijkjtt00

I still don’t buy it though..

How much do they weigh though? I mean, it's 35 calories for 1.5oz, is there any way those big bagels are actually so light? Even then though.. that's the weight of bagel thins and they are still 100 calories.

These are 'love you waist' line...almost half the size of the 90 calorie ones...
    2j3gpy98o5ly.pngayhb79f88a8l.png

Yeah it's fishy... it's mostly flour. It would have to be one tablespoon of flour per bagel to be that low calories. I'm guessing it's because there's so much fiber, they get away with not counting the calories from it...
  • jessiefrancine
    jessiefrancine Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Spotted in the grocery store: Creme Brulee Light and Fit!

I tried this today and thought it was really good. Dannon is killing it with the limited edition Light and Fit flavors lately.
  • arya8
    arya8 Posts: 316 Member
    Options

I tried this today and thought it was really good. Dannon is killing it with the limited edition Light and Fit flavors lately.

I had this today too and I really liked it. Light and fit has become my new favorite yogurts with all these new flavors.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options

Damn. I wish I wasn't off the Light & Fit flavors because they always leave some sort of weird after taste.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    c0nq2o8tpdgv.jpeg
    ff3ea8s3forl.jpeg

Wow these were fantastic ! Lots of cinnamon sugar coating. They were actually better in milk than plain. Really tasted like snickerdooodle.
    cw082fvbl3nv.jpeg
    4bnk5ivzbh38.jpeg
    3w7ke9n4z8m3.jpeg
    1wyy5dghy6x8.jpeg
    I think someone else tried these chewy bars too but they were on sale one dollar a box so I tried them the other day. Really good. I liked the marshmallow in the chewy bars because it makes them taste more like Rice Krispies. One of my favorite flavors. I find the regular chocolate chip ones so boring.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    So I tried two of the new Yoplait Dunkin’ yogurts so far, I still have the apple fritter in my fridge (tried to save best for last but we’ll see). So far, I haven’t been impressed. Not worth the 160 calories for either one. The cinnamon coffee roll was a Whips which I have never been a fan of, but even the Boston Kreme which was the original variety left a lot to be desired. If it didn’t have the label on it I’d never guess they were a Dunkin’ product, and even with the label I’m not tasting any Boston Kreme. Just tastes like chemicals and tart yogurt. Nothing special. I could’ve had a pint of Halo Top for that!
    qupw2owcvad9.jpeg
    7383xop33c2c.jpeg

EDIT; I wasn’t going to try this one tonight, but curiosity killed my diet. The apple fritter, as expected, is a lot better! I really liked Yoplait’s apple crisp yogurt though, and this one tastes IDENTICAL. I think they kept the flavor the same but just changed the label. It wouldn’t surprise me. Chunks of apple and everything, NO difference! I would buy only this flavor again, but I still don’t like saving 160 calories per yogurt....
    kyrywoiulz8l.jpeg
  • lwhitman208
    lwhitman208 Posts: 22 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    cdudley628 wrote: »
    whitpauly wrote: »
    I tried the blueberry Clio bar :s the texture is awful. I suppose it's probably like cheesecake but I don't like cheesecake and actively avoid it. And the taste is just stuck in my mouth. I don't think I'll like the 4 other flavors I have just because of the texture.

If you don't like cheesecake then why'd you buy them? Haha :D

Because I like greek yogurt and chocolate? I was expecting it to be like an ice cream bar, but it's not moist enough, it's very dry.

She got a point though, lol.

I didn't read about the cheesecakiness until I had already bought them. I don't read every side of the box. I had the Ibotta deal and they were cheap and I wasn't going to let them go to waste after I realized they were supposed to be similar to cheesecake. Also, I haven't had cheesecake in like 7 years so I didn't realize it was so dry.

I tried the vanilla and strawberry Clio bars and was very taken with them. Definitely in my wheelhouse!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    What was your favorite products of the year?

I can't remember if I tried this bar last year or this year?

hersheys-gold-c63ca0755618f515.jpg

outrageous-standard-size-two-board.png?hei=203&wid=360&fmt=png-alpha

millville-aldi-snickerdoodle-kookies-cereal-review-box.jpg

71xhLMIx2LL._SY355_.jpg

Plus I really enjoy some of the Banquet Mega Meals
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    What was your favorite products of the year?

I can't remember if I tried this bar last year or this year?

hersheys-gold-c63ca0755618f515.jpg

outrageous-standard-size-two-board.png?hei=203&wid=360&fmt=png-alpha

millville-aldi-snickerdoodle-kookies-cereal-review-box.jpg

71xhLMIx2LL._SY355_.jpg

Plus I really enjoy some of the Banquet Mega Meals

Oooo you had the koookies snickerdoodle too, I thought I remembered someone else said they were good that is why I bought, haha!

@mexicangreensalsa I didn't try them yet, but I will soon! I found the cereal at Tops.

Some of the best products I've tried....

I agree with the kookies, reeses, bang and hersheys! Also for me, nutter butter cereal, skinny syrups, zach brown cookies, I can't remember any right now off the top of my head but I know there are more lol.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Also how cute are these mini snickers ?! I’ve never seen ones so tiny! They had in a candy dish at a party I was at. Took a few home because they were so cute. p1sn6btspmsa.jpeg

Super cute but little chocolates frustrate me cuz I always eat a lot of them,probably more than a full size bar's worth haha :D
  • logiatype
    logiatype Posts: 110 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options

So I found this in a RiteAid. I tried the Maple but it wasn't too good. None of my family members particularly enjoyed it. It didn't really taste like a Snickers bar.
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    edited December 2018
    Options
    Favorite products of the year: Enlightened ice cream, Pop Chips and Pop Corners, Bolthouse Ranch, Quest Bars, Built Bars, Bang Energy Drinks, Smart Sweets, Starbucks Cold Foam Drinks, Reese's Bars with Pieces, Schmidt's Bread, Taco Bell Nacho Fries (RIP). Probably more but I can't think of them now lol.
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    Favorite products of the year: Enlightened ice cream, Pop Chips and Pop Corners, Bolthouse Ranch, Quest Bars, Built Bars, Bang Energy Drinks, Smart Sweets, Starbucks Cold Foam Drinks, Reese's Bars with Pieces, Schmidt's Bread, Taco Bell Nacho Fries (RIP). Probably more but I can't think of them now lol.

I really don't get the Bang Energy hype! In my opinion they taste no different than sugar free rockstar or monster and give me awful headaches??
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options

I really don't get the Bang Energy hype! In my opinion they taste no different than sugar free rockstar or monster and give me awful headaches??

I never got headaches, but I agree. Many people here, on other websites, and in real life seem to really love those Bang drinks, but I felt it was a waste of $2.50+tax. Nothing to write home about...