New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    amfmmama wrote: »

I also found Chilly Cow at my walmart today. I just had salted caramel and OMG SOOO GOOD! I'm afraid this is better than Halo Top! And I didn't think anything was better than Halo Top. I hope other flavors are as good.

They are all great... My son steals the peanut butter ones. The bars are a favorite of mine too. I have to admit, HaloTop has never blown my skirt up! v83npfllqigr.jpeg

[/quote]

I tried the chilly cow chocolate chip cookie dough yesterday.. i cant say i love it had a weird flavor maybe its the stevia leaf or carob bean gum it was just off but the texture was awesome maybe i will try another flavor they offer
  • lilithsrose
    lilithsrose Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    VANILLA-butter-ROUND-product-photo-2018-FRONT-1.jpg?fit=600%2C399&ssl=1

This was at Sam's Club. My fiance pointed it out and we bought it. It tastes amazing, but its a little too thick to spread easily without warming it first. I had it on toast this morning. Its under 70 calories per tablespoon, so its not too terrible. It has less calories than regular butter at least.
  • Crafty_camper123
    Crafty_camper123 Posts: 1,440 Member
    Options
    Tried these for the first time yesterday. They were pretty good! They had a cleaner, less salty taste then standard doritos. And they did not leave behind the standard orange fingers when I was done eating them either. I would buy these from the store for sure.
    frito-lay-just-launched-organic-doritos.png
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options
    rhaiin wrote: »
    VANILLA-butter-ROUND-product-photo-2018-FRONT-1.jpg?fit=600%2C399&ssl=1

This was at Sam's Club. My fiance pointed it out and we bought it. It tastes amazing, but its a little too thick to spread easily without warming it first. I had it on toast this morning. Its under 70 calories per tablespoon, so its not too terrible. It has less calories than regular butter at least.

We get the honey cinnamon version of this butter at my house and it’s even better than Texas Roadhouse’s honey cinnamon butter! The secret is leave it out on the counter, don’t refrigerate it, that helps it stay really creamy and spread well! It doesn’t stay good quite as long on the counter, but we normally finish it off in a couple days anyways it’s so addicting!

Also, I used to be SERIOUSLY addicted to the fairytale fruit rainbow unicorn Project 7 gum. Well, I don’t know if this is new but it’s new to me: Juicy fruit’s sour watermelon bubble gum! It is INTENSELY sour!!!! It’s like war heads in a gum! Perfect when you have a craving for something really sweet haha it’ll knock that craving right out of you! 10/10 best gum I’ve ever had.
    qgchjwie5dx4.jpeg
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    9abww91ctqx3.png

I found these in my office breakroom they are chocolate covered lentils and pretty yummy
  • josette06
    josette06 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    hgycta wrote: »
    at1j0w274ol0.jpg

I’m not an ice cream bar person, I’ve always been more of one for ice cream sandwiches... if they came out with a chocolate sandwich novelty treat I would be in heaven! I grew up on those Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches o:

omg yes ice cream sandwiches trump bars!

For real. I can't get past the texture and taste of the wooden stick. *shudder* I will take the bar off the stick and eat it out of a bowl but even then, I can still taste it.

I hate the stick too!!! 🤢
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    Free yogurt coupon, never tried this brand https://liebequark.com/valentine/?
    l7qsoi02qnlq.png
  • lilithsrose
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    at1j0w274ol0.jpg

I’m not an ice cream bar person, I’ve always been more of one for ice cream sandwiches... if they came out with a chocolate sandwich novelty treat I would be in heaven! I grew up on those Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches o:

omg yes ice cream sandwiches trump bars!

For real. I can't get past the texture and taste of the wooden stick. *shudder* I will take the bar off the stick and eat it out of a bowl but even then, I can still taste it.

Same. The wooden stick makes ice cream bars and Popsicles inedible to me.
  • lilithsrose
    Options
    9abww91ctqx3.png

I found these in my office breakroom they are chocolate covered lentils and pretty yummy

Are you sure that's what they are? I think that they're just called chocolate lentils because they're shaped like lentils. I've had them before and they're pretty much like m&m's.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    9abww91ctqx3.png

Are you sure that's what they are? I think that they're just called chocolate lentils because they're shaped like lentils. I've had them before and they're pretty much like m&m's.

I have never heard candies referred to as lentils, and I just assumed they were literally lentils covered in chocolate lol. I found this thread and someone wrote, "jelly beans aren’t beans and that Kit Kats aren’t made out of felines." That makes sense, but idk. xD
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    9abww91ctqx3.png

Yeah, those aren't actually lentils. They're just chocolate that is vaguely lentil shaped. It's a term for candy that is basically like an M&M but isn't M&M's brand.
  • lisaepell
    lisaepell Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »
    9abww91ctqx3.png

I have never heard candies referred to as lentils, and I just assumed they were literally lentils covered in chocolate lol. I found this thread and someone wrote, "jelly beans aren’t beans and that Kit Kats aren’t made out of felines." That makes sense, but idk. xD

I think "lentils" might actually be the generic term for candy coated chocolates. I think if they were advertised as "chocolate covered lentils" then they might be what the PP was thinking, but I'm pretty sure "chocolate lentils" are just chocolate.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    Free yogurt coupon, never tried this brand https://liebequark.com/valentine/?
    l7qsoi02qnlq.png

I like Quark but the coupon's not available for California.

Also, remember those sample Orgain bars? I got mine and it's pretty good! I received the chocolate almond sea salt one and you can definitely taste the dates for the sweetness (not sure that's ever not a thing tho) but it's very fudgey tasting and no overly salted taste that I can tell (and I seem to be pretty sensitive to salty things). I'd buy if the fiber were a little lower. (Online says 4 grams but I could have sworn the package said 8.)
  • lilithsrose
    Options
    9abww91ctqx3.png

you guys are so smart! I've never heard of them as refereed to as lentils lol most times i see "candy coated chocolates"

I can totally understand why it would be confusing. And why lentils, of all things? The only reason I caught this is because I was confused the first time I read a label that said "chocolate lentils" as well.
  • PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    9abww91ctqx3.png

you guys are so smart! I've never heard of them as refereed to as lentils lol most times i see "candy coated chocolates"

I can totally understand why it would be confusing. And why lentils, of all things? The only reason I caught this is because I was confused the first time I read a label that said "chocolate lentils" as well.

I was intrigued so I looked some up...just candies...no lentils in them! So I agree with your sentiments "And why lentils, of all things?" lol!
  • Noreenmarie1234
    edited February 2019
    Options
    9abww91ctqx3.png

Hahahaha this is too funny! I was thinking the whole time wow I’ve seen those all the time and never realized they were lentils, so interesting I’ll have to try them. 😂

Another freebie! I Hope this won't be as annoying as all the others, but I have a feeling it will be, lol. I still will try to do it!

https://shop.halotop.com/pages/pop-packs
    onx0zrme4ky3.png
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Options
    SUPER RANDOM and not at all related but today I went to my GNC to just pick up some misc. stuff but noticed a TON of expired bars and snacks... manager gave me everything that was expired for a flat $5 lol. I should post a pic...

I have a friend who works at GNC and he regularly gets to take home boxes upon boxes of protein bars/powder/supplements for free that they would otherwise throw out! One time he got like 10 boxes of the expired quest bars when they switched formulas (I of course bought them all off him, lol).