New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I don’t know if they’re new but I’ve never seen them before: Fruit Medley Mini Wheats Cereal. They’re good, but they remind me way too much of Trident’s peach gum, so eating is feels weird because all I can think about is that chewing gum. So, not bad, just not for me. I think fruit lovers will enjoy it!
    xadxifdbrdus.jpeg

I was also very much surprised to see this in the mail from @Noreenmarie1234 !!!! You truly have no idea how much I love all these samples from you haha they brighten my entire day! <3 The box was actually opened when I got it, so I’m not sure if I have a nosy mailman or nosy neighbor, but the food itself was sealed! I can’t wait to try it, I’m in school tuesdays and thursdays from 9am-8:20pm so it’s going to be a lifesaver for my snack that day!
    7dc3amneh225.jpeg
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    0fmfhbcad531.png
  • pancakerunner
    pancakerunner Posts: 6,137 Member
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    vnb_208 wrote: »
    2hzmh513uq3p.jpg
    0g sugar
    10g protein
    80 cal
    Anyone give it try ?!
    Only downfall is $4 a bottle

I tried each flavor and I don’t like it :( it has a funky aftertaste in my opinion, and no matter how much I shake it the bottom is always left with clumpy protein chunks. Also, I’m not sure how else to describe it but it just feels dry, it’s not really all that creamy! >.<

The aftertaste is the MCT oil. Not a fan either... would rather make my own
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Nhq4daphwcyye.jpg
    Not enough cookie dough for me !
  • vnb_208
    Options
    v4kg8q3miarz.jpg

To calorie dense for me 390 a cup but look yummy
  • hgycta
    Options
    v4kg8q3miarz.jpg

That looks delicious!!! Where is that???
  • vnb_208
    edited February 2019
    Options
    v4kg8q3miarz.jpg

Found them at walmart !
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    Would love those lava cakes too- but would have to be special day or after some good extra exercise!
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,850 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    99tqmem16yw6.jpg

Has this been posted yet? Because I just tried it and it is amazing.

Oh man, I did and I was pretty underwhelmed. I could barely taste the mini reeses pieces.

I finally tried this. I ate 1/3 of it, and it might become the first candy bar I've ever thrown out. It's way too sweet tasting. I didn't even think it tasted like Hershey's chocolate. I could barely taste the mini reeses pieces either because there wasn't a lot of them in it.
  • PaperDoll_
    PaperDoll_ Posts: 32,850 Member
    Options
    d5baf90bca0b6bbf161d4e0825bbbc4e.jpg

I don't know if these are new or not, but I saw these at the store today. I didn't wind up getting them, but I may get them next weekend since I'm still thinking about them. :D
  • hgycta
    Options
    v4kg8q3miarz.jpg

Found them at walmart !

Ooh! Normally I get these at Walmart, which are about 330 calories if I remember correctly... a lot of calories in something small but SO worth it, I’ll definitey have to try those other ones next time I’m there! Especially since they have a sticky toffee version, there goes my healthy eating for that day o.o
    3xvs5bu3etud.png
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Are these real? Oh I hope so! 87c4r5x5mg4v.png
    htzqtc91s9ur.png

I think the Graeters one might be but not the butterfinger. I would totally buy the butterfinger though!!! They are my FAVORITE candy ever! So underrated.

I won 2 boxes of these in a contest! I always wanted to try the Owyn protein bars, so was really excited to win.rh5hukuzszxa.jpg
    They were pretty good! The base reminds me of when I tried to make quest bars with my own iso-IMOS and vegan protein. They have the texture of the no cow bars, but taste a lot better. I liked all the pumpkin seeds and chocolate chips in them because it gave them a nice crunch.

They only have 10g of protein for 250 calories, so I don't think they have the best macros though. I did really like them, but not enough that I would spend $23 a box unless they were on sale.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    As a chocolate lover, I was thrilled to find this bar. It’s the first time I’ve seen ruby chocolate in the US, let alone in a regular (slightly “fancy”) grocery store.

hpuewqjka5c4.jpeg

How does the ruby chocolate taste different from regular chocolate ? I keep seeing it on social media.
  • apullum
    apullum Posts: 4,838 Member
    Options
    apullum wrote: »
    As a chocolate lover, I was thrilled to find this bar. It’s the first time I’ve seen ruby chocolate in the US, let alone in a regular (slightly “fancy”) grocery store.

hpuewqjka5c4.jpeg

How does the ruby chocolate taste different from regular chocolate ? I keep seeing it on social media.

Supposedly it doesn't taste like regular chocolate at all. I've read people who say it has a sweet and sour berry flavor, but I'm prepared for the possibility that it may just be a fad that doesn't live up to expectations. We'll try it this evening and report back!
  • skelterhelter
    skelterhelter Posts: 803 Member
    Options
    I saw Caulipower had bags of cauliflower based flour today. One was regular, the other was paleo. 80 calories a serving. Can be used for anything that calls for flour. Anyone try this? Just curious if it has a distinctly cauliflower taste or is neutral. Because cauliflower cookies don't sound good to me lol.
  • hgycta
    Options
    I actually bought one of those ruby kit kats a while ago (slightly melted during shipping since it was close to summer time), and I liked it! That being said, it tasted nothing like chocolate. It reminded me of a strawberry kit kat more than anything; if you're a white chocolate person you'll go crazy, but it did nothing for my regular chocolate cravings. I'm curious how the Chocolove bar will be in comparison!
    cfdb1cisp6tp.png

• PAPYRUS3
    PAPYRUS3 Posts: 13,259 Member
    Options
    8b1jupjba171.jpg

These (I'm sure) aren't a 'new' item, but they are awful! Dry and just not good at all. Stay clear.

bbcuyirwobiv.jpg

For a few extra dollars, the organic ones are WAY WAY better...most every fig is super soft and yum