New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Has anybody seen/tried Talenti Pumpkin Pie Gelato? It came up in my Facebook feed but I've never seen it, not sure if it is a new flavor, regional, a hoax like everything else on FB these days... ;)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    WinoGelato wrote: »
    Has anybody seen/tried Talenti Pumpkin Pie Gelato? It came up in my Facebook feed but I've never seen it, not sure if it is a new flavor, regional, a hoax like everything else on FB these days... ;)

I tried it last year. It's definitely a true to taste replica of a pumpkin pie with some pie mix-ins.
  • sabrinacrandall
    sabrinacrandall Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I think it's the best flavor. I love the texture most of all, and the mix ins make it even better! I wouldn't have tried it if not for this thread.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »
    Caitwn wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Trader Joe's had their pumpkin bread pudding so I had to buy some. No idea when I'll open it though, it sounds very dangerous (and I guess I have to defreeze the whole thing at once).

Also bought the pumpkin pie spice cookie butter (might try shortly), their pumpkin yogurt, and pumpkin cereal bars (didn't try them last year but my daughter loves them) and the pumpkin jo jo's. They didn't have the pumpkin croissants sadly (or the kringle), but they had pretty much everything else.

ETA: the pumpkin pie cookie butter is amazing on crepes.

The pumpkin bread pudding IS dangerous, and worth it. I put just a touch of whipped cream on top, with a sprinkle of cinnamon.

Also, try that pumpkin pie cookie butter on TJ's frozen cheese blintzes. The blintzes are just 250 calories for two blintzes, so it's not too terrible when you add the cookie butter.

Where is the pumpkin bread pudding? Freezer? It's my fav dessert. I get it everywhere they have it.

Yes, freezer. It's 230 calories a slice and there are 8 slices. I'll have to wait until I have a bunch of calories to eat it...

I found it last year, but Shop Rite carries it year round. I remember eating the whole pint at 4am one day. Not my proudest moment. Haven't bought it again since... lol.

ETA: had a spoon of the Turkey Hill pumpkin and yep... delicious!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    @vinegar_husbands Those snakaroons look really good. Pumpkin spice and coconut sound like they'd go together really well.

And all this talk about pumpkin ice cream. I think I know what my next choice of ice cream will be along with B&J pecan pie :p
  • MVG821
    MVG821 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Those chunky arctic zero frozen treats! Yum!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's had their pumpkin bread pudding so I had to buy some. No idea when I'll open it though, it sounds very dangerous (and I guess I have to defreeze the whole thing at once).

Also bought the pumpkin pie spice cookie butter (might try shortly), their pumpkin yogurt, and pumpkin cereal bars (didn't try them last year but my daughter loves them) and the pumpkin jo jo's. They didn't have the pumpkin croissants sadly (or the kringle), but they had pretty much everything else.

That cookie butter must be good since Impulsive Buy gave it a 10/10. Of course sellers on Amazon majorly jacked up the price.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Perfectly-Free-at-Big-Y.jpg

These aren't too bad, but the texture is a bit weird. I tried the salted caramel and I liked the flavor. They are way too expensive though. $4.99 per box
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I gave in yesterday and used a coupon to get the Toaster Strudel cinnamon roll. Was looking forward to that one.

Found out this morning that my husband removed the box from the freezer to reach something and left it out all night.

I'm very sad.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    I really liked this. I think it's the sweetest of all of their flavors.
    146287.jpg?s=False
    This one didn't have that "hempy" taste going on, unlike the others. It was very similar to the coffee bean snakaroons.
    146283.jpg?s=False
    Slight coconutty taste going on. LOOOOVE it.
    coconut_chocolate_chip_on_white_comp_iso.png
    I like that this a little thicker (and chunkier) than most premade pasta sauces. Also has no sugar added. It has strong olive oil taste, but there's plenty of olives and capers to made up for that.
    81T2dbt8mVL._SY355_.jpg

Also, I would really like to try these, but I dunno where to find them...
    Pumpkin%2Bfood%2Bat%2BSprouts%2B%25288%2529.JPG
    so-del-candy-corn-1024x768.jpg

@moyer566 You have to try this...

31100.jpg?1331848763

means more ice cream for my floats :)
  • melissag1981
    melissag1981 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well don't try this calorie free peanut butter.. Walden farms peanut spread... Yuckkkkkkk.. I almost puked.. Idk how to post a pic on here or i would..
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    Well don't try this calorie free peanut butter.. Walden farms peanut spread... Yuckkkkkkk.. I almost puked.. Idk how to post a pic on here or i would..

Most Walden Farms products are terrible. They taste like sadness in a package. Same with Arctic Zero... save your money.
  • stealthq
    stealthq Posts: 4,298 Member
    Options

That cookie butter must be good since Impulsive Buy gave it a 10/10. Of course sellers on Amazon majorly jacked up the price.

I made a TJ's run yesterday after hearing about pumpkin mochi and picked that up with the pumpkin pie spice cookie butter (among other things, including the kringle and 2 types of bread pudding - thank God for the freezer). Tasted just a tiny smidge of it. Texture is a cross between pureed pumpkin and cookie butter. There were little bits of cookie in it. Plenty of pumpkin taste, spice was there and mellow - like it had been cooked. Not raw-tasting at all.

I liked it. Plan on using it on my Thomas' pumpkin English muffins.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I tried the other Detour Simple bar, this time it was caramel chocolate chip flavour. Again, completely edible but not really yummy. I'd say they are kind of similar to Combat Crunch, but Combat Crunch is a bit yummier. Basically, both are mediocre chocolate surrounding a tough, chewy centre that is trying to be like a Quest bar but lacks flavour. I won't buy them again, but they weren't gross.

I will definitely be trying all the flavours of B-up bars though. I'm hoping my local GNC gets more flavours in stores so I can try singles before deciding which to buy boxes of.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    I had half a B up sugar cookie bar last night. I liked the texture and I liked that it was a thick bar...thicker than Quest. The taste wasn't even close to a sugar cookie (not the kind I normally eat, at least) tho.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I had half a B up sugar cookie bar last night. I liked the texture and I liked that it was a thick bar...thicker than Quest. The taste wasn't even close to a sugar cookie (not the kind I normally eat, at least) tho.

I thought it tasted a lot like sugar cookie dough, which isn't my favourite thing. I didn't love that flavour but felt the description was accurate. I liked the mint chocolate and the peanut butter ones. I want to try the cinnamon roll, PB&J, and vanilla PB ones!
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,596 Member
    Options
    LOL I also sort of buy a few real mini sprinkle sugar cookies from a bakery every Sunday night and hoped it would taste somewhat close to it.

This was an impulse buy at GNC so if I mosey on in there again, and they're on sale, I'll probably pick up a couple different flavors. The ones you listed sound good!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    OMG, I just scored at the Freihofer Outlet; Apple Pie AND Pumpkin Spice English muffins for $1.99 total! I can't wait to try.
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    Options

I remember having this last year and I loved it!!! This year I tried their salted caramel bread pudding and was ecstatic (salted caramel is the only thing I like more than pumpkin), but very disappointed once I discovered it had absolutely no salted caramel taste to it at all! It was good, but just tasted like a vanilla bread pudding. No caramel swirls or anything, maybe I got a bad container who knows, but there was no caramel to be seen anywhere.

While I'm on the topic of salted caramel, I finally got around to trying Quest's salted caramel protein powder.
    Holy crap. Definitely my favorite flavor protein powder from them! Used to be tie between vanilla milkshake and banana cream, but salted caramel is the new winner.
  • WinoGelato
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »

I remember having this last year and I loved it!!! This year I tried their salted caramel bread pudding and was ecstatic (salted caramel is the only thing I like more than pumpkin), but very disappointed once I discovered it had absolutely no salted caramel taste to it at all! It was good, but just tasted like a vanilla bread pudding. No caramel swirls or anything, maybe I got a bad container who knows, but there was no caramel to be seen anywhere.

While I'm on the topic of salted caramel, I finally got around to trying Quest's salted caramel protein powder.
    Holy crap. Definitely my favorite flavor protein powder from them! Used to be tie between vanilla milkshake and banana cream, but salted caramel is the new winner.

I know this is a "product" thread but since you brought up a couple of my favorite things: bread pudding, pumpkin, and salted caramel - it reminded me of this recipe which I tried last year and they were awesome! The salted caramel cream cheese glaze would have been amazing on just about anything...

http://www.virtuallyhomemade.com/2013/11/mini-pumpkin-chocolate-chip-muffins.html