New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• jessiefrancine
    jessiefrancine Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I understand that this Oikos Triple Zero (Greek yogurt) is supposedly pretty good. Can anybody offer their opinion?

I like the Triple Zero - it's an easy way to add some extra fiber to my day along with the protein. My favorite flavor is banana cream, but the coconut is also really good as are the more typical yogurt flavors (strawberry, mixed berry, etc). The stevia taste doesn't bother me. I also really like Chobani Simply 100 - a similar line of yogurts sweetened partially with stevia and monkfruit with fiber added. I generally buy whichever one is cheaper.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    jgnatca wrote: »
    @MommyL2015 , might you try a little cinnamon and cocoa (pinch of cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon cocoa) in your tea?

I think there's a marketing conspiracy to make people forget what pumpkin spice is. It's a combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, and ginger. You can even add a little allspice for extra fun. Screamingly easy to mix up ourselves.
    allspice makes it. otherwise it's sad pumpkin spice
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    Ok, it's not a new product but a new "mix" for me. kashi golean vanilla graham clusters mixed with a small portion of golden grahams for more sweetness. mmmmm good stuff. i wonder what other cereal mash ups would work

Frosted Flakes and Raisin Bran is delicious.
  • mbaker566
    Options
    Ok, it's not a new product but a new "mix" for me. kashi golean vanilla graham clusters mixed with a small portion of golden grahams for more sweetness. mmmmm good stuff. i wonder what other cereal mash ups would work

Frosted Flakes and Raisin Bran is delicious.

i can totally see that
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    So these were on sale and not expired this time so I got the caramel ones.

20148608902_28e144d163_z.jpg

SO good. And satisfying. Totally worth the 200 calories. Plus I got another $1 coupon so I'll try the vanilla ones next time, if they still have them. Not expecting these to last long with my daughter.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    So these were on sale and not expired this time so I got the caramel ones.

20148608902_28e144d163_z.jpg

SO good. And satisfying. Totally worth the 200 calories. Plus I got another $1 coupon so I'll try the vanilla ones next time, if they still have them. Not expecting these to last long with my daughter.

I need these!! Will be on the lookout for it on Sunday (grocery day).
  • mbaker566
    Options
    omgoodness. i really liked the Yoplait greek 100 whips-pumpkin cheesecake. it tasted pretty good. a little touch too sweet but really good.
  • Francl27
    Options
    omgoodness. i really liked the Yoplait greek 100 whips-pumpkin cheesecake. it tasted pretty good. a little touch too sweet but really good.

Sigh I don't think I'm ever going to find it, considering that I didn't find the last one :(
  • mbaker566
    Options
    amazon?
  • hgycta
    hgycta Posts: 3,013 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    tastykake-2015-fall-cupcakes-and-kandy-kakes.jpg

I got the salted caramel ones and the spice cakes. Didn't see the carrot cake, will be on the lookout for those.

Also, these are back:
    FallCPGDannonCaramelApple.jpg

So yummy.

I actually just recently tried all of these.
    The salted caramel ones were good but disappointed me because my brain wasn't making the caramel connection; it was stuck looking for the peanut butter flavor that is typical of their milk chocolate kandykakes. I feel for the salted caramel they should have used dark chocolate and added a few sprinkles of sea salt on the top.
    The karrot kake ones were also disappointing in terms of that traditional carrot cake flavor, but I still loved it. The white chocolate coating was a bit tangy yet very sweet at the same time, and the chunks of carrot did have an appealing texture (even if I couldn't taste it), so it was very fun and enjoyable to eat, but again, could be heavier on the carrot cake spices.
    The yogurt I love; very balanced flavors and just the right amount of chunks! Nice and creamy and not chalky or dry like other greek yogurts on the market x.x

I ALSO TRIED THE PUMPKIN PIE COATED QUEST BAR FROM THE VITAMIN SHOPPE.
    I microwaved half to see how it would hold up and it just became really messy (should've seen that coming) but was super soft inside and I kind of liked it, but probably won't do it again unless I'm home alone.
    Eaten as is I really liked it, but it was definitely a lot sweeter than their other bars. Like, very sweet, almost too much so. The pumpkin spices were distinct and I didn't taste a strange artificial flavor that I've experienced in their newer formula bars, and the crunchy pie crust topping was fun to eat. It won't be a flavor I miss when it's gone, but it'll definitely be one I get again and eat when I'm really dying for something SWEET.
  • Francl27
    Options
    hgycta wrote: »
    Ninkyou wrote: »
    tastykake-2015-fall-cupcakes-and-kandy-kakes.jpg

I got the salted caramel ones and the spice cakes. Didn't see the carrot cake, will be on the lookout for those.

Also, these are back:
    FallCPGDannonCaramelApple.jpg

So yummy.

I actually just recently tried all of these.
    The salted caramel ones were good but disappointed me because my brain wasn't making the caramel connection; it was stuck looking for the peanut butter flavor that is typical of their milk chocolate kandykakes. I feel for the salted caramel they should have used dark chocolate and added a few sprinkles of sea salt on the top.
    The karrot kake ones were also disappointing in terms of that traditional carrot cake flavor, but I still loved it. The white chocolate coating was a bit tangy yet very sweet at the same time, and the chunks of carrot did have an appealing texture (even if I couldn't taste it), so it was very fun and enjoyable to eat, but again, could be heavier on the carrot cake spices.
    The yogurt I love; very balanced flavors and just the right amount of chunks! Nice and creamy and not chalky or dry like other greek yogurts on the market x.x

I ALSO TRIED THE PUMPKIN PIE COATED QUEST BAR FROM THE VITAMIN SHOPPE.
    I microwaved half to see how it would hold up and it just became really messy (should've seen that coming) but was super soft inside and I kind of liked it, but probably won't do it again unless I'm home alone.
    Eaten as is I really liked it, but it was definitely a lot sweeter than their other bars. Like, very sweet, almost too much so. The pumpkin spices were distinct and I didn't taste a strange artificial flavor that I've experienced in their newer formula bars, and the crunchy pie crust topping was fun to eat. It won't be a flavor I miss when it's gone, but it'll definitely be one I get again and eat when I'm really dying for something SWEET.

Thanks for the reviews! I'll have to find that Quest bar.

I've seen the Tasty Kakes (not the salted caramel or I would have bought it). I admit I'm wary to try them as I've never had one before and it's easier to convince myself that I wouldn't like them this way.
  • besee_2000
    besee_2000 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I bought a box of the PP quest bar because GNC said they didn't know when they would get them and they only sell in boxes. Now to wait patiently!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    besee_2000 wrote: »
    I bought a box of the PP quest bar because GNC said they didn't know when they would get them and they only sell in boxes. Now to wait patiently!
    Really? What a gyp. :/ I hope HEB puts them in stock soon.
    raspberry-brownie-supreme-3-lrg.png
    I tried this today and really enjoyed it. There were plenty of brownie mixins and the raspberry yogurt was mighty good.
  • Francl27
    Options
    I tried this today and really enjoyed it. There were plenty of brownie mixins and the raspberry yogurt was mighty good.

It's Muller right? I haven't tried that one.
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    @Francl27 wish I could mail you some of those pumpkin whips. My grocery store has an entire end section of them, lol
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options

Thanks for the pic, that looks pretty yummy. I hadn't been tempted by those before, but I might try that flavour! The brownie bits look good.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    scastor27 wrote: »
    I had this email from GNC this morning...
    3ui6tfy81ace.jpeg

Are they in stores or just online so far?

The Quest bars are in the store. I went & bought a box before work. The GNC worker said these were shipped in a special box, & they had no idea what was in it until they opened them today.
  • friendlymush
    friendlymush Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    esyr79el6c8e.jpg

Had a mini crisis at the supermarket today and bought all the pumpkin spice. My favorites were the Chiobani pumpkin spice yogurt, Fiber One 90 Pumpkin bars, and the Edy's Pumpkin Patch. The Yoplait pumpkin cheesecake whips was good. I love the texture of whips but this had too much pumpkin not enough cheesecake flavor. Noosa pumpkin yogurt was too sweet for me (lots of cream) but delicious. The pumpkin spice english muffins were tasty, had just a hint of pumpkin-y flavor, but I think I prefer my light multigrain muffins. The winner of the batch is definitely the Edy's pumpkin patch. The slow churned version has only 90 kcal per 1/2 cup. I ate an entire quart yesterday and just bought another tub hehe

Not pictured but I also just tried the Woodbrige Harvest Spiced wine. Subtle spices and a delicious red blend for pretty cheap at my local grocery. I'll definitely be buying another!
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Thanks for the pic, that looks pretty yummy. I hadn't been tempted by those before, but I might try that flavour! The brownie bits look good.
    Lol, I only picked this up because it was the Free Friday Download from Kroger. The brownie bits were definitely a nice surprise!

And yeah, it's Muller.

I love your pumpkin purchases @friendlymush ! :laugh: I've been overly interested in pumpkin spice products.