New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    @vinegar_husbands, thanks going to go look up some of the brands.

Today at Giant I bought the Peanut Butter & Co. Vanilla Powdered Peanut Butter & a few new flavors of the Think Thin bars.

I am still on the lookout for the Yoplait 100 Whips Pumpkin Pie & the Peanut Butter & Co. Pumpkin Spice.

The Cinnamon Oreos look good, but am I the only one over all the new Oreos?
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    @vinegar_husbands, thanks going to go look up some of the brands.

Today at Giant I bought the Peanut Butter & Co. Vanilla Powdered Peanut Butter & a few new flavors of the Think Thin bars.

I am still on the lookout for the Yoplait 100 Whips Pumpkin Pie & the Peanut Butter & Co. Pumpkin Spice.

The Cinnamon Oreos look good, but I am the only one over all the new Oreos?

Ditto on the whips... actually been bored and haven't found new yogurts to eat for a while, which is disappointing as it's the snack I eat the most.

And I'm definitely not over the new Oreos. I'm just picky about my flavors and only buy some that I know my kids will eat too, as I usually only have a few cookies in a week (and I have so many snacks).. so I'm not buying coconut or Reese's etc. We're still eating the brownie ones and we still have some s'moreos. No doubt the cinnamon ones won't last long in my house though.
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I was, but I took a decent "break" from them and couldn't resist. The coconut toasted Oreos smell amazing, but if I don't like them, I'm going to offer them to my parents or throw them out.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    I'm not over them. There are some I have no desire to try like the coconut one and I'm on the verge of going backwards and trying the birthday cake one (couldn't find an expiration date on the package so didn't buy it) but my body is ready for the cinnamon ones. :)

(I live alone and they're all mine...mine...mine.)
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    The Cinnamon Oreos do look good & I will probably break down & buy them, but will pass on the Coconut Oreos & the horrible review they got on The Impulsive Buy.

I couldn't believe that Giant had a lot of the seasonal ice cream flavors out. They had Turkey Hill Egg Nog & Pumpkin Pie & Friendly's Peppermint Stick. I passed on the Turkey Hill Egg Nog since Talenti blows their version out of the water, & once Friendly's goes on sale I will definitely buy one or two of the Peppermint Stick.
  • Francl27
    Options
    You know, I still haven't tried the Talenti Egg Nog. I guess I'll see if Shop Rite has it next time they go on sale.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    Picked up the coconut Oreos today although that's more for my husband than it is for me, also the Thomas pumpkin spice english muffins ( that's for me and my 4 year old we are the pumpkin fiends in the house).
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    I tried the pumpkin cheesecake whips the other day and it was pretty good tasted like creamy pumpkin pie. I was bummed Talenti was just on sale at the store and although I bought WAY to many I was still sad they didn't have the egg nog and tiramisu flavors. I really wanted to try both! As far as Oreos I'll probably skip on the coconut ones bc I'm the only one that likes coconut but the cinnamon ones will definitely be coming home with me :) Oh and for anyone that has a Whole Foods close by...I picked up some of their tequila lime catfish (usually they have tilapia) from their seafood counter and grilled them up for tacos. Super good with tons of flavor. I recommend!
  • CooCooPuff
    edited September 2015
    Options
    I had some of Save Our Swirled and some of the coconut Oreos. The raspberry of the ice cream was a little overwhelming, but I loved it overall. It was very thick and fluffy. The coconut Oreos were actually really good. The coconut is light, like the review on the Impulsive buy said, but it's enough to compliment the cookie pretty well.

I think I'm going to rank the different Oreos I've had at the end of the year. :p
  • Losinandmovin
    Losinandmovin Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I found some new protein bars I'd never heard of: Power Crunch. Delicious! Only 5 gr sugar per bar, but really tasty. 13 grams of fat and about 200 calories, but they really keep me feeling satiated much longer than any other protein bar. They taste like wafer cookies covered in chocolate. There are a fair number of different varieties. Peanut butter fudge, vanilla, triple chocolate, triple Berry, caramel--- and some kind of mint chocolate flavor I'll never try cause I don't like mint. For 14 grams if protein, they're worth the calories. And did I mention that they're really yummy? ☺I'll be alternating these with my Zone bars.
  • friendlymush
    friendlymush Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    spat095 wrote: »
    I finally tried the halo top ice cream, the lemon cake flavor. For how low cal it is, I thought it was great!

I'm still looking for the elusive birthday cake flavor! My local groceries only carry the chocolate and vanilla. Both taste sooooo good.

• Francl27
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Apparently these are out again

OH%20Pumpkin%20Caramel%20Kringle%20Trader%20Joe%60s.jpg

I finished the last pieces from last year's a month ago during PMS. So good. Highly recommend. It froze fine too. Still not buying it again, way too dangerous!

Sorry not obvious on the picture - it's from TJ.

• mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    edited September 2015
    Options
    Thin bars.

i have the pumpkin pie whips, i will try that tomorrow. i also froze all my chocolate on tops. i will try to see if that improves the eating experience. today i have a caramel apple from Yoplait 100

and i'm going to have to keep an eye out for the Pumpkin spice from PB&C

I did make pumpkin pudding dip. 2 boxes of pudding mix following directions and adding a half can of leftover pumpkin. added ginger, maple syrup and cinnamon to taste. i had no nutmeg :frowning: . It's pretty good. BF enjoys it with nilla wafers, i like it with a spoon and a bit of whip cream
  • ChristineE63
    ChristineE63 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Core Power Banana Protein Shake, yum!
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    Options
    Anyone try The Pumpkin Cheesecake shake from Arby's?
  • jessiefrancine
    jessiefrancine Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    That kringle looks amazing. Might be something I buy and bring in to work to share. Then I get to try one piece and it's practically guaranteed that the rest will disappear faster than you can say "free pastry."
  • Francl27
    Options
    That kringle looks amazing. Might be something I buy and bring in to work to share. Then I get to try one piece and it's practically guaranteed that the rest will disappear faster than you can say "free pastry."

It is, calories are pretty crazy though. I ate a couple pieces last year and just cut the rest in small pieces and froze them, then just put them in the toaster oven for a couple minutes when I wanted some throughout the year. They satisfied my PMS cravings perfectly, which is a good and a bad thing.
  • CooCooPuff
    Options
    I really need to buy more Vega products. I really loved the protein powder sample my sister got.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I really need to buy more Vega products. I really loved the protein powder sample my sister got.

Um thanks. Now I really want a poptart ice cream sandwich...