New products that caught your eyes recently?

Options

Replies

• watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Raynne413 wrote: »
    Francl27 wrote: »
    Got to try those oreos too. Although I admit... I've never had anything 'red velvet' in my life... What does it taste like?

I've always felt that it was just chocolate dyed red. LOL

Same here. It tastes like food coloring to me, honestly, and is a terrible mix with cream cheese. I've never understood red velvet.

My husband even "made me" try it from a really, really good bakery thinking I'd understand the subtle nuances of delicious fresh red velvet cake. NOPE!
    I bake quite a bit and bring it into my office and someone requested a red velvet cake. So, I would give it a try.....basically chocolate cake with a large bottle (actually 2 bottles) of red food coloring! It was good but I pooped red for a day! And I only had a small slice! Pass on the next one.....but my carrot cake is to die for!!!
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options

Apparently it comes out tomorrow.

There is also pumpkin mochi - decent and pumpkin spice salted caramels which I thought were over the top. Too salty and too much spice.
  • mygnsac
    mygnsac Posts: 13,413 Member
    Options
    Got to try those oreos too. Although I admit... I've never had anything 'red velvet' in my life... What does it taste like?

Same here. It tastes like food coloring to me, honestly, and is a terrible mix with cream cheese. I've never understood red velvet.

My husband even "made me" try it from a really, really good bakery thinking I'd understand the subtle nuances of delicious fresh red velvet cake. NOPE!
    I bake quite a bit and bring it into my office and someone requested a red velvet cake. So, I would give it a try.....basically chocolate cake with a large bottle (actually 2 bottles) of red food coloring! It was good but I pooped red for a day! And I only had a small slice! Pass on the next one.....but my carrot cake is to die for!!!

Glad I'm not the only one who has no love for red velvet cake.
  • SuggaD
    SuggaD Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    It s

Good red velvet cake shouldn't be made with food coloring. Vinegar.
  • scastor27
    scastor27 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Got some samples of the Laughing Giraffe snackaroons. Gave the vanilla flavor a go. They were moist and had a good amount of flake but I guess I was just hoping for more coconut flavor. Overall, still tasty. Curious about the chocolate flavor- I'll try those next.
  • annette_15
    annette_15 Posts: 1,657 Member
    Options
    @Francl27 That coffee is SO good :blush:
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    I tried the Detour Simple caramel peanut bar. It tasted almost exactly like the Balance bar caramel nut, which is to say it lacked flavour and was just chewy and covered in not very tasty chocolate. Edible but not yummy in any way. I'm sad, I had high hopes for it. So it seems from all the samples I tried, the only ones I will buy again are B-up bars.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Ok I really like the triple chocolate kit kats and LOVE the Reese's nutrageous. Glad it's snack sizes though, so it's easier to fit in my days (I might have eaten one of each for breakfast).
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    SuggaD wrote: »
    It s

Well that's interesting; that's the first time I've ever heard that. Now I'm curious to try a good red velvet cake...
  • CooCooPuff
    CooCooPuff Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    scastor27 wrote: »
    Got some samples of the Laughing Giraffe snackaroons. Gave the vanilla flavor a go. They were moist and had a good amount of flake but I guess I was just hoping for more coconut flavor. Overall, still tasty. Curious about the chocolate flavor- I'll try those next.
    I preferred vanilla to chocolate. They also gave me lemon but I gave those away. Can't stand lemon
  • scastor27
    Options
    I preferred vanilla to chocolate. They also gave me lemon but I gave those away. Can't stand lemon

Oh, I had high hopes for the chocolate! I'm the same way not a huge fan of lemon so I'll be giving them to my mom, she's a lemon lover.
  • jessiefrancine
    jessiefrancine Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Wal-Mart's bakery has pumpkin snickerdoodle cookies right now. Normally I don't buy their baked goods because they usually just aren't worth the calories, but these were awesome. Soft and moist and delicious pumpkin spice flavor. I for sure went over my calorie goal a couple days due to these, but I am going to buy them again when I have somewhere to take them. That way I can enjoy one and the rest will disappear.
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    light-and-fit-greek-chocolate-strawberry.png
    i thought about trying the pumpkin spice yogurt but they didn't have a "diet version" so i went with the chocolate on top

i have tried the strawberry and the vanilla. both yogurts were good, a little tangy. not particularily smooth. the chocolate was horribly watery. but i wonder...what if i froze it? sundae cup?
  • scastor27
    Options
    moyer566 wrote: »
    i thought about trying the pumpkin spice yogurt but they didn't have a "diet version" so i went with the chocolate on top

i have tried the strawberry and the vanilla. both yogurts were good, a little tangy. not particularily smooth. the chocolate was horribly watery. but i wonder...what if i froze it? sundae cup?

I grabbed one of those to try, I hated it! I think I had the strawberry one. The yogurt was okay and everything but that chocolate on top was yucky! Never thought to freeze it. That would probably make it better!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Vitamin Shoppe gave me a 25% coupon so I got some Quest vanilla protein powder (almost done with the caramel one, which is tasty, but I want something more versatile), quest chips, and these (had to pick a flavor as it only comes in a box, that one won). Has anyone had them yet? Definitely no calories to try them today

Lenny-Larrys-White-Chocolate-Complete-Cookie.png

I also had to rearrange my snack cupboard to make room and I have so many snacks, I'm going to have to hold off on buying anything for a while, lol.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    auddii wrote: »
    SuggaD wrote: »
    It s

Well that's interesting; that's the first time I've ever heard that. Now I'm curious to try a good red velvet cake...

Sometimes vinegar, but sometimes buttermilk. I've also heard that for true red velvet cake, beets are used for the color, not food dye.

I really enjoy red velvet cake, if it is a good one, but I've definitely had some that are just chocolate cake with red food coloring (those are not the good ones). The reason I like it is it is a good vehicle for cream cheese icing to get into my mouth...
  • bellaa_x0
    bellaa_x0 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    Vitamin Shoppe gave me a 25% coupon so I got some Quest vanilla protein powder (almost done with the caramel one, which is tasty, but I want something more versatile), quest chips, and these (had to pick a flavor as it only comes in a box, that one won). Has anyone had them yet? Definitely no calories to try them today

Lenny-Larrys-White-Chocolate-Complete-Cookie.png

I also had to rearrange my snack cupboard to make room and I have so many snacks, I'm going to have to hold off on buying anything for a while, lol.

LOVE this cookie.. except who can eat just half a cookie? for the macros the entire cookie isn't worth it for me.
  • kristinels
    kristinels Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Ok I really like the triple chocolate kit kats and LOVE the Reese's nutrageous. Glad it's snack sizes though, so it's easier to fit in my days (I might have eaten one of each for breakfast).

I must find those triple chocolate KitKats!!! They look delicious! They're even better frozen IMO - at least I like the regular ones that way.

Not sure if these are new, but they were new to me - yesterday I bought a bag of Snyders of Hanover Salted Caramel Pretzel Pieces. YUMMMMM. I had to give the bag to my hubby to guard after a handful or I might've seriously blown my calorie allotment last night. I made the mistake of 'trying' them as I was cooking dinner and still really hungry! Lol!